Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

iPhone, anyone?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So who here has an iPhone? I bought one last week and I gotta say it's worth every penny! Time magazine labelled it "invention of the year" and while I don't agree that it's an Invention, it still rocks!

P.s. I'm writing this message while at the gym on my iPhone :)

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
My brother has one and he never lets me see it :p

Its cool cuz he has all these extra applications and games he downloaded and stuff, ill get one one day

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
So who here has an iPhone? I bought one last week and I gotta say it's worth every penny! Time magazine labelled it "invention of the year" and while I don't agree that it's an Invention, it still rocks!

P.s. I'm writing this message while at the gym on my iPhone :)
yesh the iPhone and all touch phone are great.

At&T's service plans however can go suck MAH BALLS!!!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At&T's service plans however can go suck MAH BALLS!!!
Yeah honestly.

When I lived in Canada I was gonna get one until I saw the service plans it came with. The plans down here in Aus are slightly better and more manageable, so I decided to pick one up.

I love how you can get internet from anywhere, and you don't have to pay a fortune for it, and how it collaborates with Google Earth so you can see exactly where you are and find exactly what you want. No more getting lost on road trips!

I'm forking out $66 a month for it, and right now my internet at home is $60 a month, so I might cancel the net and just use the iphone. It takes longer to type on it:p, but its much cheaper and in my monthly budget it'll be like I got the phone for free. The only thing I'd still need the internet for is video chat to my family/friends in Canada and internet cafe's work fine for that.

Whoever is considering getting one, it's worth it even though it's far from cheap.

As far as applications go, is there any way to have an iTunes account without entering a credit card number? I'm not allowed a credit card yet, since I just moved here, so its a little frustrating.

cheers

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Yeah honestly.

When I lived in Canada I was gonna get one until I saw the service plans it came with. The plans down here in Aus are slightly better and more manageable, so I decided to pick one up.

I love how you can get internet from anywhere, and you don't have to pay a fortune for it, and how it collaborates with Google Earth so you can see exactly where you are and find exactly what you want. No more getting lost on road trips!

I'm forking out $66 a month for it, and right now my internet at home is $60 a month, so I might cancel the net and just use the iphone. It takes longer to type on it:p, but its much cheaper and in my monthly budget it'll be like I got the phone for free. The only thing I'd still need the internet for is video chat to my family/friends in Canada and internet cafe's work fine for that.

Whoever is considering getting one, it's worth it even though it's far from cheap.

As far as applications go, is there any way to have an iTunes account without entering a credit card number? I'm not allowed a credit card yet, since I just moved here, so its a little frustrating.

cheers
yeah the AT&T plan was the main reason I didn't get an iphone. I went with an HTC Touch instead, and after some serious modding it is like an iphone now. The only thing I do not have is the pinch and zoom for pictures. I gotta kinda make a circle around the part I want to zoom in at.

anyways, my plan at sprint is only $15 for unlimited internet. I think I pay like 80 bucks for 2 phones per month.

Reaction score
Desert Fox said:
yeah the AT&T plan was the main reason I didn't get an iphone. I went with an HTC Touch instead, and after some serious modding it is like an iphone now. The only thing I do not have is the pinch and zoom for pictures. I gotta kinda make a circle around the part I want to zoom in at.

anyways, my plan at sprint is only $15 for unlimited internet. I think I pay like 80 bucks for 2 phones per month.
Is the touch working good for you? Im thinking of getting a touch or an instinct but am still trying to do research on both phones.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mostwantedbabyfather said:
Is the touch working good for you? Im thinking of getting a touch or an instinct but am still trying to do research on both phones.
I like the touch because it's the size of a razr but it's touch screen. The instinct is a bit bigger about the size of an iphone.

the screen is great, although my first one had a hardware issue with screen alignment so i sent it back and got a replacement next day at the store.

If you have big fingers you might want to go with a bigger phone since typing will be difficult. i use my nails to lightly tap the keys and i downloaded PCB keyboard, which is better than the 7 or 8 default keyboards it comes with. i can type pretty fast on it although i've never really had a blackberry or palm to compare it to. i think the typing speed is very good for my uses (e-mail). however, the touch also has a stylus built into it, so you can use that to type although it is considerably slower than using your nails with the PCB keyboard. if you used to have a palm before, the stylus will feel great since you can swap to a palm style keyboard where you write and it will recognize your handwriting.

battery charge holds well over a day with about 5-10 calls if you don't keep it in your pocket. the heat from your leg will make the battery drain so fast it will barely last a day, but the belt clip that comes with the phone is great and i keep it in that most of the time so the heat is not an issue.

the best thing about this phone vs the iphone i think is how much you can customize it. it is also more suited for people who are in business and have to keep track of appointments since you can turn on the screen and right there will be your appointments as opposed to the iphone grid thing.

for more information you can visit xda-developers website. just google that and join the forum...lots of great info there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info DF... I like the way the touch looks better than the instinct and some guy did a comparison video on you tube between the two. Ill check the website and see what other info i can get. thanks

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to get one if my service plans didn't suck so bad.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a blackberry and I love it. does everything I need it to do and some things I just like for it to do. no reason for me to upgrade, plus I would have to switch services to do so becuase my provider doesn't carry iphones.