Inviting

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, my 1st post, be gentle.

Is it better, when asking a girl out, to use text or call?

I'm doubting this because I've never talked to her by phone, and we know each other for a while (like 6 months). I'm worrying about spooking her. I'm thinking of a call, but I could use your judgement. And waiting for a response via text is lame, by calling I catch her without thinking and get the best of situation...I guess? And what time of day would be appropriate?

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you planning to ask her out?

What I mean is, are you planning to say "Hey would you like to go on a date with me?"

Lots of guys here will tell you that calling is best. In my opinion, it doesnt make a difference. Either the girl likes you or she doesn't. It isn't like texting would make her more or less attracted to you.

As far as what time of day....I mean....Common Sense Time of Day works. You know....like, not early morning, and not late at night. Common sense.

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Background is that she (I think/KNOW?) had/has interest in me, very much. She even gave me her number w/o me asking for it, but it was months ago. Thing is I never did any action, I was always cold and that is what fcked up things - my inactivity and indecisiveness. So I'm trying to get things right and still use that chance. There were some conversations about going out for a cup of coffee.
"Hey would you like to go on a date with me?"
Nah man, even I know that's lame. :)
It doesn't even need to sound like a date on a first sight, she said once (since I passed year at uni) 'We should celebrate your success' so that's a good reason for a hook-up. Maybe I'm scared of rejection deep inside of my brain since there is probably 'the nice guy' skeleton lying there and messing with my brains. But ^common sense says that chances are very good.
I meant, yea, don't know why I asked about time, anyway plan is calling her tommorrow for asking her out on Sunday. CET Time. :D

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should give them a few days notice.

A lot of women have their plans for the weekend solidified by friday.

Asking her out for sunday the day before is highly likely conflicting with plans she probably made.

of course it's a completely different story if you are already seeing them regularly.

Just saying you have much much less of a chance of her saying yes if you ask so late.

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I thought about it. I saw her this week, she said something like she's not gonna go out much since she needs to study. I don't believe she has plans on Sunday, I mean working days are far more busier in my opinion. I may be late, but hell with it. I'm probably catching the last train. And if she says something like "I need to study".....I'm gonna cry myself to sleep...No way Economics can be more intersting than me (just kidding).

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can debate all you want in your head. If she's interested in you, she will accept your date even if you flew a pigeon with a piece of paper attached to it's feet.

Don't over think things and just text her if you're comfortable with the texting. Follow up with a phone call to confirm the time/place. You better hold her hands and kiss her on the first date. And I don't mean the kiss on the cheek bs, full tongue action is the way to go..

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
L B said:
You can debate all you want in your head. If she's interested in you, she will accept your date even if you flew a pigeon with a piece of paper attached to it's feet.

Don't over think things and just text her if you're comfortable with the texting. Follow up with a phone call to confirm the time/place. You better hold her hands and kiss her on the first date. And I don't mean the kiss on the cheek bs, full tongue action is the way to go..
Sh!t man. Besides all the crap I wrote, this is actually what I exactly needed. I need to stop thinking too much, it fvcks me everytime.

Thank you...Master.