Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Inviting a Woman on a Date is 100% Normal and Natural

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I originally posted this on another forum. I believe it has value so I'm posting it here.

From reading some of the posts here, I get the impression that many of you guys think you are somehow doing something wrong by inviting a woman on a date.

I want you to pay attention to the wording of that phrase. I purposefully avoid the phrase "ask her out."

Why?

Because "asking her out" has all sorts of connotations that go back to when we were young kids. For youngsters, "asking her out" means asking her to "go steady."

Your purpose isn't to "ask her out." Your purpose is to invite her on a date so that you can spend time together and get to know one another.

When you see a woman you are attracted to, you need to realize that you don't have enough information about her. Most of men's attraction to women is based on her looks, so automatically we think she is perfect for us.

The problem is, you don't have enough information to make this determination.

You have criteria of what you want in a woman (and if you don't have criteria, you better spend some time figuring it out!).

How do you gain the information that you need?

First, you approach and talk to her. Then, you request her phone number. Next you plan a date, then call her and make the date invitation.

Very simple steps.

The problem is that men today do not believe this is normal. We think we are somehow doing something wrong when we try to do the steps. So instead, we look for shortcuts.

We give her our number, then bail because we are afraid of rejection.

We become friends with a girl, then confess our feelings to her.

These are shortcuts. You have to do the steps listed above.

The goal is not to somehow trick her or circumvent the steps. The goal is to discover is she's interested, while at the same time closely watching what she does to learn if she is the type of girl we would like to have a long term relationship with.

That last part is very important. Even if she's interested, we may discover she isn't right for us (because she's a smoker, has a chemical dependency, or whatever). That puts us in the position of dumping her.

Many of us have never dumped a girl early on. If she's willing to see us and **** us, we aren't going to dump her under any circumstances. This can get us in a lot of trouble (been there done that).

You need to examine your beliefs regarding meeting women and going on dates. If you find that your beliefs are not consistent with the reality that inviting women on dates and talking to women, and asking for their numbers is 100% normal and natural, then your beliefs need to be addressed and changed.

Do not fear "rejection." What is rejection, anways? Its a woman letting you know that she doesn't like you. Is it possible for every girl to like you and want to date you? Absolutely not!

When she rejects you, she is giving you information. Before you talked to her, you didn't know if she was right for you. Now you know for a fact that she isn't!

You can't get what you want without risking rejection. The key is how you deal with it. You can be happy that she let you know early on so you don't waste your time, or you can let it hurt you emotionally.

Dating used to be a huge mystery to me. So instead of learning how to do it, I would just date whatever girl showed the most interest in me. The problem was, they were choosing me over other guys, but I wasn't choosing them over anybody. So I ended up with women who weren't right for me.

How can you find the girl who is right for you, if you aren't out there dating many women? What are the odds of the first girl you meet being "the one?"

Keep it simple.

Talk to her. Get her number. Make a date. Invite her on the date.

If she falls by the wayside at any of these steps, then so be it. She has made her decision, and she won't be looking back. Neither should you. Immediately start the process anew with a different woman.

You can let your fears get in the way, or you can feel those uncomfortable feelings and DO IT ANYWAY. That's what courage is: being afraid, but still taking the proper course of action.

And talking to her for the purpose of going on a date is the proper course of action.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
Aaron B said:
I originally posted this on another forum. I believe it has value so I'm posting it here.

From reading some of the posts here, I get the impression that many of you guys think you are somehow doing something wrong by inviting a woman on a date.

I want you to pay attention to the wording of that phrase. I purposefully avoid the phrase "ask her out."

Why?

Because "asking her out" has all sorts of connotations that go back to when we were young kids. For youngsters, "asking her out" means asking her to "go steady."

Your purpose isn't to "ask her out." Your purpose is to invite her on a date so that you can spend time together and get to know one another.

When you see a woman you are attracted to, you need to realize that you don't have enough information about her. Most of men's attraction to women is based on her looks, so automatically we think she is perfect for us.

The problem is, you don't have enough information to make this determination.

You have criteria of what you want in a woman (and if you don't have criteria, you better spend some time figuring it out!).

How do you gain the information that you need?

First, you approach and talk to her. Then, you request her phone number. Next you plan a date, then call her and make the date invitation.

Very simple steps.

The problem is that men today do not believe this is normal. We think we are somehow doing something wrong when we try to do the steps. So instead, we look for shortcuts.

The goal is not to somehow trick her or circumvent the steps. The goal is to discover is she's interested, while at the same time closely watching what she does to learn if she is the type of girl we would like to have a long term relationship with.

That last part is very important. Even if she's interested, we may discover she isn't right for us (because she's a smoker, has a chemical dependency, or whatever). That puts us in the position of dumping her.

Many of us have never dumped a girl early on. If she's willing to see us and **** us, we aren't going to dump her under any circumstances. This can get us in a lot of trouble (been there done that).

You need to examine your beliefs regarding meeting women and going on dates. If you find that your beliefs are not consistent with the reality that inviting women on dates and talking to women, and asking for their numbers is 100% normal and natural, then your beliefs need to be addressed and changed.

Do not fear "rejection." What is rejection, anways? Its a woman letting you know that she doesn't like you. Is it possible for every girl to like you and want to date you? Absolutely not!

When she rejects you, she is giving you information. Before you talked to her, you didn't know if she was right for you. Now you know for a fact that she isn't!

You can't get what you want without risking rejection. The key is how you deal with it. You can be happy that she let you know early on so you don't waste your time, or you can let it hurt you emotionally.

Dating used to be a huge mystery to me. So instead of learning how to do it, I would just date whatever girl showed the most interest in me. The problem was, they were choosing me over other guys, but I wasn't choosing them over anybody. So I ended up with women who weren't right for me.

How can you find the girl who is right for you, if you aren't out there dating many women? What are the odds of the first girl you meet being "the one?"

Keep it simple.

Talk to her. Get her number. Make a date. Invite her on the date.

If she falls by the wayside at any of these steps, then so be it. She has made her decision, and she won't be looking back. Neither should you. Immediately start the process anew with a different woman.

You can let your fears get in the way, or you can feel those uncomfortable feelings and DO IT ANYWAY. That's what courage is: being afraid, but still taking the proper course of action.

And talking to her for the purpose of going on a date is the proper course of action.

nice post. :up: looks like i learn sumthin everyday

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score

Shortcuts towards what? Those will not get her to be with you.

If we talking about taking shortcut towards getting layed, then there is gunwitch guide, and Im sure others. Those can be used as shortcuts, by the pros. Gunwitch looks at dating with suspecion to say the least. But its ok, this poster dont mind a date.

I think the title of this thread should be "Do not be afraid to take a women on a date." This thread does say, although not directly, to pick and choose. Which is actually normal behaviour, rather than get red and clap your ears on sight of a woman, that is fvcked up behaviour.

Our experiences shape our understanding, and my experiences are far different, thus I can not quite understand the point here, nor the level on which this point is being made.

The point he is making somewhat levels with attraction is not a choice, but it is directed more towards AFCs who are "avoiding a date"?

I think AFCs just wanting a date, perhaps afraid to go on one, but avoiding a date?

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was writing this from the standpoint of guys who want to "put the ball in her court" hoping that she will do all the work for him. The guys who are so scared of rejection, and who rarely approach women, then when they finally get up the courage, they build it up into this huge deal where their self-esteem is held in the balance while he eagerly awaits her response.

I'm not writing this from a PU standpoint. I don't even do PU myself.

Average guys who want to take women on dates and aren't interested in just laying girls can benefit from what I wrote, imo.

Its really basic stuff I'm covering. Many of the guys here are way past this.

But I know we have plenty of AFC's who could benefit from a shift in their thinking.

I'm not telling you that you have to take her on a date to lay her. I'm saying that inviting her on a date is 100% normal, and you aren't doing anything wrong by requesting her phone number and inviting her on a date.

But many guys' internal beliefs are not consistent with this reality.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about:

"You seem like you might be a fun person. Let's spend some time together soon, as I would like to get to know you a little better"

If she's interested, she'll qualify and say, "Yeah, I'm very fun", in an indirect way, she's agreeing to get together. So you just start suggesting and making plans. Don't ask again. If you got a good vibe going, you can even teaser more and say, "ah, I don't know, are you really fun?", "are you adventurous?", etc.

What you call it, or what you do doesn't matter. When you go wrong is when you do the whole "Dinner and/or movie" on the first few get togethers and there is all the social stigma, and pressure to impress, yet there is no opportunity to be your true self.

Aaron B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. I never do dinner and a movie for an early date. I think dinner is just about the worst first date possible.

I save dinner as a reward for after we've had sex.

I always recommend guys to take her on action dates, consisting of activities that the guy genuinely enjoys.