Intro to ONS: What Every College Student Should Know

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, as promised in the other thread, here are my best tips to go from approaching to the bedroom in three hours or less. This tips are specifically designed for college parties, although they can certainly be helpful in other situations as well.

Without any further ado...

Get Homefield Advantage!
If you follow any sports, you know how helpful it can be to be playing in one's home territory. The same applies to partying. Go to parties where you know a good amount of people. This is one of the HUGE advantages to being in a fraternity. If you're not in one, get to know people who host parties, or host them yourself. Being around people you know will help your social proof, status, and confidence. This is very important for the next step, which is...

Go for the Smooth Into!
Anytime you see a group which has at least one person you already know, and at least one HB who you don't, go for the intro! Jump right into the group to greet your friend, and immediately introduce yourself to everyone else in the group. Very, very easy way to get the approach out of the way.

If That Doesn't Work...
There are plenty of other easy ways to approach, especially if you have Homefield Advantage. Simply approach a HB/group and try the following:

You: "So how are you ladies enjoying the party so far?"
Them: "It's great, blah blah blah"
You: "Yeah, I'm in this fraternity" OR "Yeah, do you know [host of party]? He's a good friend of mine"

Now obviously you can't use that 2nd line if it's not true, but it immediately gives you social proof/status. Another method I like is to ask a girl to be your partner for beirut/beer pong/any other drinking game. What better way to bond then over a game that's designed to get you drunk?

Learn to Recognize IOIs!
I cannot emphasize this enough. This is what makes the difference between ending up in bed or ending up frusterated with a (possibly fake) number. If you fail to detect any interest within the first five minutes, or at any point afterwards, then forget it! Tone of voice, eye contact, kino, body language...be watching these things AT ALL TIMES.

What's Your Name?
This is the first 10-15 minutes of interaction with the girl. You're just getting the basics at this point - residence, hometown, major, year, interests, etc. Dig into each of these subjects as much as possible. Don't just tell her where you're from; tell her ABOUT where you're from. Be funny! You're just trying to make a solid first impression and give her a taste of your personality. I usually DON'T start with the kino yet - if you use it too early, it can scare the girl away. A light touch on the arm is usually the farthest I'll go. If you're seeing signs of interest, we move on to...

You Know What I Really Love?
This is the most essential part of the interaction, and usually occurs in the 1-2 hours after the initial intro. Your goal here is to convey your personality and encourage the girl to do the same. This sounds ridiculously obvious, but I've found the most effective subjects to talk about are:

1. Her biggest interests!
2. Your biggest interests!

I realize this is no great revelation, but you need to take it to it's fullest extent. I highly recommend you have at least one topic that you are an expert on - something you can talk about more or less indefinitely. Of course, this must be something the girl will enjoy talking about as well (sorry, videogames or football won't work here). For me, it's indie music. Girls are AMAZED by how much I know about music, and they realize how much I enjoy talking about it. Now since you don't want to monopolize the conversation, make sure she tells you about what SHE is most interested too. Again, this might seem like pretty obvious advice, but the key is to REALLY DIVE in here - if you run out of stuff to talk about after 20 minutes, you're doing something wrong!

This is also where you should begin to semi-isolate and try some extensive kino. Don't rush her off to your room just yet, but find a more secluded area of the party. Go outside or in a smaller room with a few people hanging out. You want to keep her comfortable, but at the same time, find someplace where you can talk without distractions or loud music. Step up the kino too, start out with light touches on the arm, and then go for the arm around or holding her hand. If she's lost in conversation and returning the kino, you know it's time for...

So, Wanna Come to My Room and Listen to Music?
The final step. Invite her back to your room for some quality time together. I personally use the line above, you can go with whatever cheesy excuse you want - yeah, she knows what you're really thinking, but at this point she doesn't care! Don't feel pressured to put the moves on as soon as the door is closed...If you were succesful, it will only be a matter of time.

A few final small tips:

Always Get the Number!
If the girl isn't showing interest, you should have ejected. In all other situations, make sure you score the number.

Take Your Time!
We know a girl's biggest fear is being percieved as a slut. If you try to move too fast, you're showing you think of her as one. This is why I don't encourage kino in the Intro Phase, or complete isolation in the Convo Phase. This is also why the Convo phase is the most important - you're convincing her to think "Hey, I KNOW this guy, it's ok to sleep over!"

Field Tested, DJ Approved
Although I can't tell you how to deal with any given scenario or script a flawless two-hour conversation, I CAN guarantee you that the basic plan outlined above has worked for me. Since I came back to school in late August, I've slept with three girls (two of them I'm still seeing) and made out with two others (one of whom had a boyfriend) all within hours of meeting them. It can take awhile to get your routine down, but once you do, IT'S EASY.

Questions, comments, complaints all welcome.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah... college.

pootwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, this is good advice.
Though really, anyone who has actually gone out & tried talking to girls in a club / party will do this stuff naturally.

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by pootwo
yeah, this is good advice.
Though really, anyone who has actually gone out & tried talking to girls in a club / party will do this stuff naturally.
I beg to differ, pootwo.
This has been an informative thread.
I like the part about using her interests and your interests as a fuel for the conversation.

I will try this definetly thanks.

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a brilliant thread.

Being a recent college grad, damn I wish I was back.

Great post.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
This is the most essential part of the interaction, and usually occurs in the 1-2 hours after the initial intro. Your goal here is to convey your personality and encourage the girl to do the same. This sounds ridiculously obvious, but I've found the most effective subjects to talk about are:

1. Her biggest interests!
2. Your biggest interests!
I already know this and this may be a stupid question. But towards a stranger or someone you have just met, how do you go about getting into that subject? I mean, do you actaully ask them "what is your biggest interest?" lol

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Intro to ONS: What Every College Student Should Know

Originally posted by SuSHI
I already know this and this may be a stupid question. But towards a stranger or someone you have just met, how do you go about getting into that subject? I mean, do you actaully ask them "what is your biggest interest?" lol
No, this is a good question, because it is somewhat awkward to just ask somewhat outright like that. Luckily, there are usually other ways to get around it.

One is to try an infer it from their major. If they're an art major, then you know they are very passionate about art and you can get into that a little further. However, if her major is something like Financial Accounting, that's not necessarily something she's passionate about, and it's not a good topic of conversation in any case.

So if that doesn't work, you can always ask "In a perfect world, what would you be doing for the rest of your life?" I like this question a lot because it makes them think and will almost always get a response that is conducive to extended conversation.

In addition to those questions, I also recommend asking her about her favorite movies and music. Anyone can answer those questions easily and they should give you good insight into her personality.

Thanks to people who brought this thread back by the way...I was hoping some more people would find it useful.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Nice post Interpol. Especially about the homefield advantage part, I joined a frat a few weeks ago, and its a huge advantage to be able to ask "how to you like our party"? You have to watch bringing it up too early though, because this comes off as QUALIFYING yourself. I like to wait until it comes out naturally in the conversation, not just bust right out and say "yeah I'm in this fraternity". Best of all would be to just wear letters, but we're not allowed to do that until we're brothers :(.

How do you manage to semi-isolate them enough to get rapport talk about your biggest interests going on? That's one sticking point for me, I never quite know how to get them out of the basement, where theres loud music and tons of people. The one girl who I've hooked up with at a party so far, I just made out with her on the dance floor until she asked "is there an empty room upstairs? :D .

And I assume that you live in a frat house, so another question for you...how is it? Obvioulsy its a lot bigger than the dorms, and I was thinking about moving out there next year, but I'm worried that I'll never get any work done because people will be drinking and doing crazy **** all the time. Also, I don't know if I'll meet as many people as I would living in the dorms. It would be nice to live with brothers though and to have a room to isolate too all the time though.

Thanks man
-Dan

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Superman X

How do you manage to semi-isolate them enough to get rapport talk about your biggest interests going on? That's one sticking point for me, I never quite know how to get them out of the basement, where theres loud music and tons of people. The one girl who I've hooked up with at a party so far, I just made out with her on the dance floor until she asked "is there an empty room upstairs? :D .
Yeah, this can be difficult, especially at very crowded parties. Usually the best way is to just ask directly: "Wanna go outside and get some fresh air/smoke a cigarette/cool off a little?" Or since I'm sure your house has some kind of common room with couches and a TV, that is a great place to go. This is where it can really help to have a wingman or two - say for example she has 2 friends with her. Your friends engage her friends, and then you can all go hang out together in a room and listen to music or smoke or whatever. This accomplishes your goal of a more intimate setting, but doesn't force her out of her comfort zone too soon because her friends are still around.

Originally posted by Superman X

And I assume that you live in a frat house, so another question for you...how is it? Obvioulsy its a lot bigger than the dorms, and I was thinking about moving out there next year, but I'm worried that I'll never get any work done because people will be drinking and doing crazy **** all the time. Also, I don't know if I'll meet as many people as I would living in the dorms. It would be nice to live with brothers though and to have a room to isolate too all the time though.

Thanks man
-Dan
This is hard for me to answer without knowing what your college/fraternity is like. My college is very challenging academically and most people take classes pretty seriously, so our house is fairly laid-back from Sunday nights until Wednesday. On the other hand,some frats at state schools party 7 nights a week and have an average GPA of 2.1. Overall, it's been a great experience for me and I'm much happier than I would be in the dorms.

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
your so right man. i dont know if this a lot or little compared to the average but ive had about 8 or 9 oppertunities at least between my freshman year and the beginning of this one for a ONS that i have yet to take advantage of. and by these i mean ive had the girls begging me to sleep over with them. every time i have wimped out because im still a virgin. one time i even went and messed around and ended up in the bathroom in a female dorm messing around. i was still too afriad to do it though. i slept on her floor!!!!! she also had a boyfriend but that wont stop me anymore. man i gotta get over this taboo and go for it next time.

ok nice rant i feel better

not a virus.exe

Reaction score
Awesome stuff! I like the "you know what I really love?" line. So simple, yet an easy way to get into deep convo. The question itself will really draw the girls in to listen.

You: "So how are you ladies enjoying the party so far?"
Them: "It's great, blah blah blah"
You: "Yeah, I'm in this fraternity" OR "Yeah, do you know [host of party]? He's a good friend of mine"
I actually wouldn't say the last line. That's qualifying and would be perceived as you bragging/trying to show off/trying to impress. I'd skip it entirely and just go into material.

Bilogomja

Don Juan
Reaction score
This was exactly what I was looking for man; this post was great! I have a question though, what if you don't live nearby the party (ex. you live at another house, you dont live in the dorms, etc.) how would you go about finding a place where shes comfortable enough to get it on?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bilogomja
This was exactly what I was looking for man; this post was great! I have a question though, what if you don't live nearby the party (ex. you live at another house, you dont live in the dorms, etc.) how would you go about finding a place where shes comfortable enough to get it on?
For Step #2 (semi-isolation), I'd say your best bet is to just go outside, or a quiet but public room in the party location.

Step #3 (total isolation) is going to be a bit more difficult for you. If you're at least friends with the dude hosting the party, you can always ask him if you can chill in a spare room. If not, I'd say your second option is to ask if you can go back and hang out at her place, assuming she lives on/near campus. You can still use the same kind of "innocent excuse" outlined above (ex. "How about we go back to your room and watch [her favorite movie that you asked about earlier in the convo]?"). If you did your job right, she should be pretty comfortable with this, she might even invite you back on her own.

If you live off campus, especially beyond walking distance, then inviting her back to your place could be a little tougher. You're taking her further out of her comfort zone - if you were a girl, would you feel more comfortable going back to a dorm on your campus or back to an apartment in the middle of nowhere? Of course, that doesn't mean it's impossible, but you'll probably have more luck with the other options.