Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet Suppression - Your Thoughts?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts? I see a lot of posts here complaining about relying on government for protection, while also wondering why the government isn't protecting their freedom.

In my experience, a person who relies on the government for liberty is not free. Pieces of parchment from hundreds of years ago are just that, and as we've seen, governments frequently consider those protections negotiable (violable) when they're not serving their interests.

That's not to say you can't take what's useful or beneficial to you - but it's your choice.

As for social media...nobody forces anybody to use it. This is like obese people complaining about grocery stores selling junk food.

It's also funny to witness the irony of people complaining about state surveillance and control, but also wanting to protest or revolt and paint a huge bullseye on their backs. Gov't can't watch everybody (this is a man-made myth), but it'll gladly track anyone who agitates enough for attention.

If you feel unfree, you've built your own prison. But thankfully YOU have the keys, no one else.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's also funny to witness the irony of people complaining about state surveillance and control, but also wanting to protest or revolt and paint a huge bullseye on their backs. Gov't can't watch everybody (this is a man-made myth), but it'll gladly track anyone who agitates enough for attention.
This very forum is designed to 'wake up' unsuccessful men. When we provide the tools to help our fellow man become more aware, he is more likely to change (not always of course, but more likely). This same principle also applies to those that believe their agenda-driven media, government etc...

If we Independent thinkers go about our way and without providing an awareness to those that may be on the fence....
then they are more likely to become pawns for the media, govt etc... (just as forum members here were pawns within a unhealthy female relationship).

As for social media...nobody forces anybody to use it. This is like obese people complaining about grocery stores selling junk food.
If 'the powers that be' are using social media to influence, and we sit back and do not counter with alternate views... then are we part of the problem or the solution?

If you feel unfree, you've built your own prison. But thankfully YOU have the keys, no one else.
While some of us may feel free, we are also surrounded by a majority of 'prisoners' (willing to appoint their government as their warden). I prefer to provide them with 'keys' to additional ways to think about things.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This very forum is designed to 'wake up' unsuccessful men. When we provide the tools to help our fellow man become more aware, he is more likely to change (not always of course, but more likely). This same principle also applies to those that believe their agenda-driven media, government etc...

If we Independent thinkers go about our way and without providing an awareness to those that may be on the fence....
then they are more likely to become pawns for the media, govt etc... (just as forum members here were pawns within a unhealthy female relationship).

If 'the powers that be' are using social media to influence, and we sit back and do not counter with alternate views... then are we part of the problem or the solution?

While some of us may feel free, we are also surrounded by a majority of 'prisoners' (willing to appoint their government as their warden). I prefer to provide them with 'keys' to additional ways to think about things.
Point taken, and I appreciate your willingness to educate people here on their options. You've always been even-handed and fair, especially to newbies.

As for social media and government influence, again can't argue with stating your views and changing minds. Personally, I use social media for my own personal gain, mostly business, and I steer clear of political discussions on those platforms. There's nothing for me to gain sharing my opinion in an online echo chamber. I find people are much more amenable one on one and in person. Nevertheless, I'm very much a "live and let live" type, I tend to tune out all the shouting and stick to my program.

Really my opinions aren't even that interesting as they tend to circle back to 1) Is this my problem and 2) How will it help or hinder me? My solutions tend to be very personal, and thus very effective.