Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet Dating Sites

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here. I have not read the DJ Bible yet and so I am not familiar with a lot of the terminology here. A little about myself and where I am coming from-I completed my divorce just over 4 months ago and have spent the summer being depressed about it. I am finding that I don't have the confidence or the social network that I once had to approach women (basically I have little expereince outside of a college environment, where there are of course tons of gals if you are their age), and most of my friends are married and do not watn to go out on the town with me to pick up women, and besides I feel I am perhaps to old for the bar scene. It is only in the last couple of weeks that I have even felt like meeting other women anyway. Part of the reason I have to admit is to compete with my ex-I heard second hand that she put her profile on this internet dating site called match.com so out of curiousity I looked her up. In the process I started browsing through the site and there seemed to be quite a variety of interesting and fairly good looking women. So I decided to give it a try. In the last 10 days or so I have sent out about 90 e-mails to different women that seem interesting, and tweaked my profile when I wasen't getting the results I wanted. I also made up this form letter that I can easily add a couple of sentences to in ordert to make it sound more personalized without much effort. I thought that was pretty clever on my part. the age range I targeted was 26-34. The results are that I have gotten six replies from my 90 letters. Three of the women are 26, one is 28, one is 34, and one is 38 (but she was HOT, very bangable:)). I have been corosponding with all of these women but two have since apparently dropped out (the 28 and 34 year old, and I thought they were the two most interesting so I am sort of dissappointed) . I am curious to hear about other peoples success or failure rate on these sites, adn if there are any good stategies and do's and dn'ts to get a higher success rate than one out of 15. Right now I am just having fun with it but is it a good way to meet women, especially for men no longer in their 20's?

Last edited:

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Marco, and welcome!!
How about joining me and various others on the mature man's Boot Camp. We're mostly still on week one, and it's a great way to build confidence, motivation, and build up a head of energy.
Check it out! HERE!!!!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on a roll for the last month on Match.com. I posted a completely off the wall profile and started getting about 4 emails a week. Given they aren't all in my area (I don't do long distance) but I've gone out for coffee with 6 women in the last month and I have a couple more in the wings.

Now I won't say that all of my responses were from HBs. Some were really nice women with a lot of personality if you know what I mean. This is where qualifying comes into play, I could tell after the first couple of emails or telephone call whether the woman was worth meeting. Out of the six that I've met, 4 I would definitely see again, one's a maybe and one's a no. Not too bad I think...

The bad thing about all of this is that it's time for me to write a new profile and retire this one. I've learned that if you change your profile and keep it current with what you are doing in your real life, you tend to get more responses. I'm tempted to keep this one since it seems to be doing pretty well but we all know that too much of a good thing usually doesn't turn out well in the long run.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm,you guys aredoing beter than I am. I puit what I thought was my best photo on that site and only got a 6.7. Well, I like it, but I have a beard and I am on a hike and it ahdbeen a couple of days since I shaved. I don't really ahve any photos I like very well. I don't know if it is possible to improve ones "looks" beyond a certain level. I'm not exactly Brad Pitt, as I have a crooked, ugly nose (and I am an artist, so I am well aware of EXACTLY what my imperfections are). I could lose a few pounds, dress up nice, get a good haircut, set the lighting to make my skin look better, etc. but I still have my assymetrical features, especially my nose to contend with. One evil thought I had is,while mother nature made me ugly but (along with some training) gave me some artistic skills, and Adobe gave us photoshop, hmm...evil...... I can draw and paint realistically, I wonder just how unethical it would be to give myself a virtual nose job....(as a disqualifier, I am joking of course, I would NEVER do THAT:D )

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pick up this month's copy of GQ. Look at what the current clothing styles are, then try to mimic a cool looking outfit, and go out and take pictures. Try to mimic the poses. Of the 300-400 pictures in the magazine, one of those should be something you could mimic naturally. Try to find a photography major to help you take pictures. Pay them $100 to take a bunch of pictures of you. And they burn you a disc of all the pictures.

It takes time, it takes money, it takes effort. But, it's worth it. The difference between a 6/7 picture and a 9 is astronomical.

I didn't have any casual shots that I took with family or friends that looked good. Best I got was high 7's. When I went out specifically to take pictures, I was able to get pictures that were 9's.

I put two 9 pictures in, and then a few pictures of me wakeboarding. Those worked for me.

If you want to get better responses, improve your pictures, they will definitely improve the draw that you will get.

HTH,

M

P.S.- AmIHotOrNot.com is not an accurate assesment. I have no idea how it is calculated, but it is definitely on a curve. You can visually add up what your votes are, and your "score" is usually 1-2 points higher.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MRomeo99

P.S.- AmIHotOrNot.com is not an accurate assesment. I have no idea how it is calculated, but it is definitely on a curve. You can visually add up what your votes are, and your "score" is usually 1-2 points higher.
Wouldn't want to make the fatties feel bad, now would we?

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
The bad thing about all of this is that it's time for me to write a new profile and retire this one. I've learned that if you change your profile and keep it current with what you are doing in your real life, you tend to get more responses. I'm tempted to keep this one since it seems to be doing pretty well but we all know that too much of a good thing usually doesn't turn out well in the long run.
I wouldn't worry too much about your posted profile wearing out. I had my first totally whacked, off-the-wall profile posted for two-plus years and it worked great.

The picture thing is big. Gotta keep tweaking the pics.

And it sounds like guys are catching on to the semi-form letter trick. I've been doing that for several years and it works well.

Marcopolo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I may be giving too much credit to myself, but it lookes like I started a trend, I see a couple new posts on internet dating since I was last on here. Well, I followed the advice that people gave me about my profile. I got some better photos of myself and got 9's on am I hot or not (I know this is terrible, but I snuck one of my sister's modeling photos on there and she got a 9.9!, I'm not really surprised though, she always had a waiting list of guys who wanted to go out with her). Then i posted them in my profile and it made all the difference in the world. I am getting a cuple winks a day and the occasinal letter, and some of the really hot women I e-mailed (about 10 or so that I mailed) some of them actually wrote back, and one really hot 25 year old even e-mailed me out of the blue, and SHE was using the ****y and funny approach on ME! Basically now I am at the point where I am overloaded and don't ahve the time to write back all the women who have contacted me, not even all the decent looking ones. It hasn't ben totally successful thought. Soem of the women who I wrote back to did not follow up and contact me, which was kinda dissappointing, But hey, I got a lot more on the list if they don't.
The other question I have is a couple of the first women I sarted writing to are what I wold rate perhaps a 6 or so, maybe a 7. I am not super excited about either one but I still think they would be worth meeting. Problem is I am extremely busy these days and they live about 50 miles from here. I would have to go way out of my way to meet them for coffee, and from past experience there is a 30-50% chance they will flake on me anway, which means I would have wasted 2 hours driving there and back. Plus I am tired of alwyas going out of my way for women, probably due to bitterness about my relationship with my ex. She took and took until I had nothing left to give and I don't want to do that again, and I am afraid that going out of my way for a woman again would set a bad precedent for any new relationship. I probably sound pretty silly but I apoloize I have not read the book yet. between work, going to the gym and writing to all these women I have scarcely had time. What would you do itf your interest level is at about a medium but you would have to drive for an hour to meet them? I would aslo feel bad about not metting them since we have been writing back and fourth for a couple of weeks now, and you never really know anyway until you do meet in person.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marcopolo
I may be giving too much credit to myself, but it lookes like I started a trend
Yea, a few of us have been talking about internet dating for months now. I started hitting internet dating the day I broke up w/ my ex of 5 years on 5/10/04. It is THE ONLY way that I 'pick up' women. I have had very very little luck at bars in the past and I still do not fair well there. However I am able to give a girl an awesome 'online' first impression. ( in addition to being a good looking guy) ;).

Soem of the women who I wrote back to did not follow up and contact me, which was kinda dissappointing,

Fvck bro, this is online. That's nothing. I send out 100 and I'd be stoked if I get 2. Total numbers game. Don't get hung up on any one girl. I know b/c it happened to me wayyy to many times. I did get all butt-hurt before, but now it doesn't bother me. I expect it. Also, some of these girls will contact you 'out of the blue' in a few week or month. Trust me. I've seen it many times!

The other question I have is a couple of the first women I sarted writing to are what I wold rate perhaps a 6 or so, maybe a 7. I am not super excited about either one but I still think they would be worth meeting. Problem is I am extremely busy these days and they live about 50 miles from here. I would have to go way out of my way to meet them for coffee,
Meet them somewhere in the middle. I get flaked on alot too, I know what you mean. I drive out to meet with them if they're sending me the right vibes right off that bat and everything flows smoothly. I've banged 5 bytches on the first night since May this way.

What would you do itf your interest level is at about a medium but you would have to drive for an hour to meet them?
That's not that too far for some pvssy IMO. Fvck, a few months ago, I drove to Tucson (2 hours) to get tang from a girl I met online. Met her online that night and drove there that night! lol

I would aslo feel bad about not metting them since we have been writing back and fourth for a couple of weeks now.
I've found that if I send them my telephone number and tell them to call me, then (if they're interested) they'll usually say ok and call OR they'll send me their phone number and tell me to call them sometime.

Seems like the longer you let them chat online with you without taking it to the phone (real life), the more they're into it for the attention that you're giving them.

So, get the digits, call them, or blow.

Cop and Blow (for every girl you lose you get another one)

Cheers!

Eric

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey! Let's see some sharing here. How about some of those form letters? Post your best letter (the one that gets the most responses). I just posted an ad online, and would like to see some examples of letters to send to broads. ;)