Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet Dating sites

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasn't really sure where to post this, but anything else seems somewhat appropriate.

What are you thoughts on Internet Dating sites such as Okcupid, plentyoffish, ect. I am talking about the free ones, because I have never tried any others.

I am currently Dating a girl I met from OKCUPID (technically the first girl I met from one of these sites).

I just find that, when the subject of meeting potential romantic interests off the net, there is a stigma to it. Most people think it is only for desperate losers. But the girl I met is pretty attractive, and I have talked to other girls on their who are also fairly attractive. Have you guys gone through this before? Were you guys ashamed to say you met "so and so" off the net? Are people more accepting of this practice now?

Please no political correct answers or points, just tell it like you think it.

Sushi.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im so busy these days its difficult to find time to hit the clubs and bars. So I have looked into it.

To be honest, most of the women on dating sites are not that attractive. Those that are seem to have profiles that scream "I AM AN ATTENTION *****" or they have these long laundry lists.

Is there still a stigma attached to them though? Its not a new concept and I thought it was gaining in popularity

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, it's not that much different from meeting somebody in a bar or a club...just don't be stupid, and don't believe everything they say in their profile.

I know plenty of good-looking, successful guys who use the internet as practically their sole source of dating...it's a personal thing really.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for me it takes the fun out of the chase. I like to catch my own prey and not have it lined up and waiting for me. I don't see anything wrong with it though if you don't mind. It all about YOU, not what other people think.

oh btw i checked out your blog. some of your artwork is nice.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that meeting girls in the 'real world' is always preferable...you develop better game and you can gauge interest much better when there is face-to-face interaction.

However, I cant totally sh!t on dating sites because I met my current girlfriend on Okcupid, lol. They aren't all bad.

My observations from over a year of using OKC:

There are three types of girls you'll meet on Okcupid, or probably most dating sites-- 1) the average Jane, cute but not gorgeous, a little lonely and just looking for a man to love her; 2) The histrionic HB 8-10 who is so disgustingly full of herself she just uses it as a vehicle for attention 3) The others---the single moms, the bisexuals, the kinky piercing and tattoo crowd, and the hipster cvnts who wont talk to you unless you are into the same type of mid-19th century romantic Mongolian folk literature as they are.

Be prepared to do a lot of nexting. That's the nature of online dating. Also be prepared to be thoroughly disappointed a few times with girl's looks. Everyone naturally puts up their best photos, usually ones where they were 15 lbs lighter.

You will likely find that 90% of girls profiles are the same. They all like having fun, laughing, hanging out with their friends, and drinking coronas while taking the ubiquitous kissy-face self-shots with the BFF. They are all "spontaneous" and "unique". They are all looking for someone "special". They are all "tired of the games".

I met a lot of nice girls, just none that really lit my fire, save for my current gf. I gained some valuable experience just with dating and qualifying in general.

It's free, so why not use it; just don't rely on it. If you cant go out and confidently talk up a girl in a social setting then dating sites are a crutch.

Taste

Don Juan
Reaction score
Internet dating sites are lame in my opinion. I find better success with social networking sites like Facebook. I mention why internet dating sites don't work in my ebook "meeting women on facebook."

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gotten a fair bit of ass off of free online sites. It seems like girls on those sites are pretty easy.

Haha, that being said I actually met my current gf on that site. We've been together coming up on 3 years now and bought a house together.

I think online dating sites are a good component of the strategies you use to meet chics. Use online sources, combined w/ going out to clubs/lounges, bars. One of the best places to meet hot girls IMO is to take some of the fitness classes offered by your gym. You'll meet hot, athletic, friendly/fun girls that wanna phuck

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This topic has been beat to death here. Just search the archives, you'll find thousands of posts discussing it.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
I would say dating chicks from internet sites is pretty lame dude.

that said, I met my soon to be wife off of an internet site.. lol
www.couchsurfing.com ... apparently its not supposed to be used as a dating site but the first girl (current girl) I met off of it... well she surfed my bed 2 days after getting together. :D

Its probably the best social travel (non dating) site on the internet... people are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more open to meeting you because well... that's what the site is about, traveling to different countries, meeting foreign people and sexing them.
This is EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN!? You met a girl off the net, but since it wasn't an official "dating site", its not as lame? I don't see the difference, I don't think either are lame, but somehow the dating site has that stigma...

And yeah, lots of attractive girls on those sites get tons of messages, the secret is to send out lots of messages, and make your message short, to the point, but stand out from what they are receiving. Took me a long time to find the right words, but since I have, I get way more responses. Not for every girl, but way more than before.