Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet dating profile!

DannyM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just finished this and have changed it loads of times. Could a couple of you guys tell me what you think of the overall profile and where I could improve it? Thanks in advance http://www.plentyoffish.com/member5047716.htm

Also im new to internet dating, what are you guys experiences with it? Should i just stick to normal game?

Dan

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put up your BEST 3-4 pics. Really good pics. Get some chicks to look through your pictures and have them pick out the best for you. You'll murder pof after that. And don't put pics with you and kids on there.

x86

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had limited success with it. I usually get responses to my messages. If you want to ask simple questions like "What music are you into these days" and you are actually interested in hearing the answer it *may* be worth your time. I have learned of a couple interesting artists. Otherwise I would stay clear.

Even if you do online dating make sure you work on your normal game.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DannyM said:
No replies? surely I messed something up?
The pics aren't good choices

Main Pic is of you and a little girl, a lot of girls will assume you have a kid and not even bother with checking out your profile.

2nd pic looks like some sort of photo shop cut and paste. Fake looking with the size of that guys hand. The background also looks like a lame sausage party.

3rd pic is so so, friend in there blinking hard.

In the 4th pic you have a sort of blank lifeless expression

5th and 6th are average pics

7th is a bad pic of you

8th is better just don't want that guy in it

Basically with online game your pics will be everything. So put up insanely good pics and the game is over for the most part. If you only can find 1 really good one then just use 1, better to have one thats really good than a ton of average pics.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, you are a good looking cat but you are not doing yourself any favors with those pictures. Pictures are at least 80% of the online game. You are looking like too much of a hard as$ who is just too cool to smile. Too frat (like that My New Haircut guy from YouTube). So make sure you are smiling in at least a couple of them.

On to specific pictures.

1. Loose the little girl. While the people that know you might think it is touching and cute, you are not posting that profile for your friends and relatives. You are posting it to attract potential dates. You are just inviting unnecesary questioning from women online by having a picture with a kid who's young enough to be your child. Why waste time on answering questions that should not even be coming up. Plus, a lot of people, including a lot of women, find putting pictures of kids on profiles sort of tacky and distasteful. If you want to show your nurturing side, take a picture with your puppy or dog or other pet.

2. As pointed it, it looks like a very bad Photoshop job.

3. I don't know if it's just bad lighting, but this one also looks like a Photoshop job. No clear background separation. You smiling would have increased the effectiveness of that picture.

4. You look extremely bored. No non-desperate woman in her right mind will say, "I gotta have me some of that. I want to be bored, just like him."

5. Don't photograph yourself with women who could be young enough to be romantically involved with you. If that's your mom, or an aunt, which you definitely don't want to be explaining, you look like you don't want to even be there. Not good.

6. Good lighting, great picture. Avoid any picture(s) where you have to fully stick out and extend your arm to self-take it. Have somebody take your pictures, or if you have to, set the timer on your camera. Whatever you do, don't take the almost mandatory shirtless picture in front of your bathroom mirror. Oh, and make sure to smile.

7. Same as #5, why have a picture of a young woman close to your age? It will only raise questions. That particular one looks like you felt you had to put it up, even with bad lighting. Avoid posting pictures of/with chicks. The profile is all about you, not about your conquests.

8. Good picture, yet you looked bored.

You mention you do it all with a smile, yet the woman don't get to see any kind of semi-smile in your pics. Now the pictures didn't match your wit, and sarcastic edge that you had on the text you typed in the profile. Without looking at the pic, one would think you are very outgoing, fun, energetic, and a little too arrogant, and somebody who takes himself too seriously. That can be a little intimidating for a woman online, who is already skeptical about most men. You add that vibe in the writing with the look and vibe of the pictures, you have an incongruent profile. Not good.

I would make sure I come across as more humble, yet with so much to offer that any woman would be crazy to not want to join you in your adventure. The reader won't always be able to tell that you are confident and witty/sarcastic. As you might have heard, words (text) are only 7% of total communication. Without a proper visual, you just come across as a pr1ck. The pictures just make you look like a humorless dude who's just too angry about everything.

It is all about SHOW and NOT just about TELL. You mention you have a great sense of humor, yet it doesn't come across. I think you get my point by now.

Overall, the text comes off as very angry and uptight. When you attack a group of women, as in the ones that bitsh and moan, you attack all women. Women kinda stick up for one another and assume that is just how you treat women in general. I know it is probably not true, yet I am not the one you want to date. Loosen up more, a lot!

Last but not least. You need to drop that testimonial. First thing that those testimonaials communicate to a reader is, "Hi, I've known DannyM4 for a long time, and he's such a great guy, such a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice guy, and any woman would be so lucky to have him, any woman, except me, that is. I wish he would find somebody, he's like a brother to me."

If XXClairXX finds you so fascinating, why doesn't she look at you as a "keeper" and stop pimping you out to the women on PoF? Again, any picture of or with a woman your age, will just invite women to ask you unnecesary questions like, "Whos' that girl, why didn't it work out wit her?", you are better off using that time to create attraction in her.

Obliteraga

Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Basically with online game your pics will be everything. So put up insanely good pics and the game is over for the most part.
Can't this just backfire though? What happens when you meet the girl in person and you don't look quite as good in person as you do in your picture(s)? This is something I struggle with as well as far as the online thing goes.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obliteraga said:
Can't this just backfire though? What happens when you meet the girl in person and you don't look quite as good in person as you do in your picture(s)? This is something I struggle with as well as far as the online thing goes.

Yes, it could backfire if you look totally different and a lot less attractive in person than in your pics. As long as your pix are recent, MOST people look better in person than in pictures, unless the pics are taken and retouched professonally. For example, the OP is a descent to good looking guy, so it is not as if he'll look ugly in person. Chances are that those pix he has up are just hurting him, as they are pretty bad.

Please explain your struggle. Do you pictures make you look a lot more attractive online than in person?

DannyM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the help...especially gangster! I will totally sort out the pics over next few days as I hadn't even noticed I wasn't smiling on ANY of them!!

Gangster Of Love said:
Yes, it could backfire if you look totally different and a lot less attractive in person than in your pics. As long as your pix are recent, MOST people look better in person than in pictures, unless the pics are taken and retouched professonally. For example, the OP is a descent to good looking guy, so it is not as if he'll look ugly in person. Chances are that those pix he has up are just hurting him, as they are pretty bad.

Please explain your struggle. Do you pictures make you look a lot more attractive online than in person?
Your on the money there! I am better looking in real life than in pictures people tell me this all the time, im not sure what it is about pictures but it puts me off having them and makes me camera shy :(

Obliteraga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
They do, only because I take a ton of pictures and go through the ones that I think make me look the best. I think I'm more photogenic (in certain pictures) and thus look better in pictures than real life. It's not like I get them professionally redone or anything. I'm tanner, skin looks better (completely clear), the angle looks better to emphasize certain facial features, etc. This could just be a confidence issue and i look similar in real life, who knows. This is just my perception.

It's kind of a catch-22. Do you post "honest" pictures and risk getting ignored, or do you put your best face forward and risk looking worse in real life?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obliteraga said:
They do, only because I take a ton of pictures and go through the ones that I think make me look the best. I think I'm more photogenic (in certain pictures) and thus look better in pictures than real life. It's not like I get them professionally redone or anything. I'm tanner, skin looks better (completely clear), the angle looks better to emphasize certain facial features, etc. This could just be a confidence issue and i look similar in real life, who knows. This is just my perception.

It's kind of a catch-22. Do you post "honest" pictures and risk getting ignored, or do you put your best face forward and risk looking worse in real life?
If you don't look as good in person, then you better make sure you have and take your "A" game when first meeting someone new. Fortunately for guys, women are more flexible as most will factor in your other qualities besides looks. Looks like you might have to do a little more work on your inner game.

DannyM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obliteraga said:

I thnk you are over paranoid about how you look dude! It sounds like whenever you meet a chick who's seen your pic your first thought is always going to be "I hope she still likes me now she's seen me in real life" which is the completely wrong attitude to have, Sorry i don't mean it nasty but it's an inner game issue that you need to get handled. If possible can you post/link some pics of yourself the good and bad ones you mention of?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obliteraga said:
Don't worry about it backfiring. The goal with the pics is to get yourself in the door. Once your in the door you'll be able to build attraction/comfort/sexual tension with her. Women do this all the time with there pictures, makeup, angles, etc so dont' feel bad. This is how the game is played online.