Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet Dating 101

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful about the ones that want to carry on long email correspondence. Those are the ones that get most interested in the romance of the trading of intimacies between two faceless individuals.

It's the sh1t of those Harlequin Romance Novels, they fall in love with the written word and imagine these unrealistic, Fabio-like expectations of the guy they emailing. That's why I just laugh whenever someone posts that they get along so well with a woman online and have traded emails for weeks or even months!

Usually we're setting up a meeting by our third email. Three isn't a magic number, it just takes me about three interactions with a woman online to qualify her. Couple that with the frequency of the interactions, frequent interactions keeps my IL high. If she can't keep me interested for a couple of days, why bother?

In a nutshell, it's usually better to meet them sooner than later. However, there's a lot to be said about finding out about a woman through emails to qualify her before hand. For me, I'm qualifying her from the very first email.

Also, I tend to skip the whole telephone thing. Women tend to meet you more readily than to give you their number right off the bat. That's why during a date you can have your DJ skills on high and she'll more than likely offer her number at the end of the night (if her IL is high).

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Be careful about the ones that want to carry on long email correspondence. Those are the ones that get most interested in the romance of the trading of intimacies between two faceless individuals.

Usually we're setting up a meeting by our third email. Three isn't a magic number, it just takes me about three interactions with a woman online to qualify her. Couple that with the frequency of the interactions, frequent interactions keeps my IL high. If she can't keep me interested for a couple of days, why bother?

In a nutshell, it's usually better to meet them sooner than later. However, there's a lot to be said about finding out about a woman through emails to qualify her before hand. For me, I'm qualifying her from the very first email.

Also, I tend to skip the whole telephone thing. Women tend to meet you more readily than to give you their number right off the bat. That's why during a date you can have your DJ skills on high and she'll more than likely offer her number at the end of the night (if her IL is high).
All is correct. But.
Some women are shy.. they didn't dat emuch and scared to meet a guy "from online". Probbaly they were not approaced offline a lot...so we can conclude she is not a good looking gal.

I cannot qualify her in just 3 emails: they seem to play their persaon a lot "All is good.. you are good, I am good...I am smart, pretty and kind." It requires more email to build some rapport to get over that "nice" persona.

I wish I would be able to skip phone routine... but when I suggest to meet she... sends me her phone number! And then she playes hard to get by not pickin up teh phone and obviously not returning my messages. Nice?
Some gals say directly :"Why dont we talk over the phone first?"
Not many are willing to meet without this damn phone convo.
I wish I knew how to avoid it.

Some gals are shy\scared even to send her pic - after like 4 emails I ask "Lets trade pics" she "I dont feel comfortable to do that" WTF??? What would she feel comfortable - when some dude approached her on the street?

Regarding the date: Probably I present myself poorly... I dont know. But after 15-20 minutes it is very clear what kind of outcome of the date we have. It is either very good, or nothing at all. "a very good" is usually 1 out of 10 dates....

It all boils down to "chemistry"... for me.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
All is correct. But.
Some women are shy.. they didn't dat emuch and scared to meet a guy "from online". Probbaly they were not approaced offline a lot...so we can conclude she is not a good looking gal.
I can see them being wary to meet someone but ultimately they want to have some type of relationship. Why else are they online? However, the relationship may not be the face to face kind, some are satisfied with having email romances. :roll eyes:

I cannot qualify her in just 3 emails: they seem to play their persaon a lot "All is good.. you are good, I am good...I am smart, pretty and kind." It requires more email to build some rapport to get over that "nice" persona.
I usually skip the chit-chat type emails. I focus in on specifics in their profiles. Things that would need a lot of explanation. I've been told that I really "cut to the chase" without wasting any time. It's how I qualify them.

I wish I would be able to skip phone routine... but when I suggest to meet she... sends me her phone number! And then she playes hard to get by not pickin up teh phone and obviously not returning my messages. Nice?
Some gals say directly :"Why dont we talk over the phone first?"
Not many are willing to meet without this damn phone convo.
I wish I knew how to avoid it.
  1. They are really into you but their schedule is too tight to meet soon however she wants to keep YOU interested in her.
  2. You haven't wowed her and she is still qualifying YOU. Understand that in an instant she can choose to cut the ties.
    [/list=1]

Build that rapport. I believe that there are only two reasons that women would prefer to talk on the phone rather than meeting:
    Some gals are shy\scared even to send her pic - after like 4 emails I ask "Lets trade pics" she "I dont feel comfortable to do that" WTF??? What would she feel comfortable - when some dude approached her on the street?
    I'm wary of woman that don't post pics. Yeah, maybe they don't have a digital photo of themselves but that's why I ask them to describe themselves in detail, including weight or dress size (yes, I'm a superficial b@stard). Either they tell me (after the initial shock of my forwardness) or they make an excuse why they shouldn't. I don't have time for this BS, NEXT!

Regarding the date: Probably I present myself poorly... I dont know. But after 15-20 minutes it is very clear what kind of outcome of the date we have. It is either very good, or nothing at all. "a very good" is usually 1 out of 10 dates....

It all boils down to "chemistry"... for me.
    There's nothing wrong with chemistry, that's what women are looking for too. I may go out with several women who I have some level of chemistry, but I've yet to come across one that would make me honest. It's going to be a long trip so you might as well enjoy the scenery along the way.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

1. I usually skip the chit-chat type emails. I focus in on specifics in their profiles. Things that would need a lot of explanation. I've been told that I really "cut to the chase" without wasting any time. It's how I qualify them.

2. They are really into you but their schedule is too tight to meet soon however she wants to keep YOU interested in her.

3. You haven't wowed her and she is still qualifying YOU. Understand that in an instant she can choose to cut the ties.

4. I'm wary of woman that don't post pics. Yeah, maybe they don't have a digital photo of themselves but that's why I ask them to describe themselves in detail, including weight or dress size
[/B]
1. Interesting.. what specifics? What do you focus on? Maybe you can share some examples?

2. Thats a double bad situation - she is so busy she can't meet me and she is still leeching my attention? If this is true, I shoudl stop talking to her.

3. Maybe. I'd rather say she is not interested but don't mind my attention. Again, if thsi is true - I shoudl stop the communication with her.

4. I look at at from a totally different perspective.
Women with posted pics became overly picky online, they know tomorrow they will have another 10 new guys, so they usually fiald to develop a decent IL in one particular guy, or they are just extremely selective: if you are not rich, funny athletic etc they wont be really interested. Seems like they are looking for a prince.
I dont have any similar titles yet.

Those who dont post - may do it for a lot of reasons. They miight be very decent looking, and at the same time they do pay attention to guys who email them - since they are not getting tons of emails diue to the lack of pics. So I do prefer to email sombody without a pic posted... but sure I'd like to see her pic later.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Interesting.. what specifics? What do you focus on? Maybe you can share some examples?
Simple, I just write about specific things about herself that she wrote about. If she hasn't written any specifics, why should I waste my effort? It's just about qualifying her.
2. Thats a double bad situation - she is so busy she can't meet me and she is still leeching my attention? If this is true, I shoudl stop talking to her.
Exactly, why waste your effort. Again, it's about qualifying her.
3. Maybe. I'd rather say she is not interested but don't mind my attention. Again, if thsi is true - I shoudl stop the communication with her.
Again, if it's not worth your time, why bother. Again, qualify her.
4. ...or they are just extremely selective: if you are not rich, funny athletic etc they wont be really interested. Seems like they are looking for a prince.
I dont have any similar titles yet.
Well, you had better start working on getting a title. If you don't have something to offer, why should they bother? Yep, they get to qualify YOU as well.
Those who dont post - may do it for a lot of reasons. They miight be very decent looking, and at the same time they do pay attention to guys who email them - since they are not getting tons of emails diue to the lack of pics. So I do prefer to email sombody without a pic posted... but sure I'd like to see her pic later.
If that works for you, great! Personally I am wary about women that have something to hide, I just enjoy confident, outgoing women.

Mister Big

Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm wary of woman that don't post pics. Yeah, maybe they don't have a digital photo of themselves but that's why I ask them to describe themselves in detail, including weight or dress size (yes, I'm a superficial b@stard). Either they tell me (after the initial shock of my forwardness) or they make an excuse why they shouldn't. I don't have time for this BS, NEXT!
Ha, ha! I can invision someday that an online dating site will exist with a level of qualification or certification required. Singles that are on the database will come into a remote office and get weighed, measured, and photographed to some standards. lol. This could save us from wasting our time, but we are creating an extremely sterile environment just to meet a reasonable and available woman. The future looks scary.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mister Big
Ha, ha! I can invision someday that an online dating site will exist with a level of qualification or certification required. Singles that are on the database will come into a remote office and get weighed, measured, and photographed to some standards. lol. This could save us from wasting our time, but we are creating an extremely sterile environment just to meet a reasonable and available woman. The future looks scary.
Believe it or not, we're on the road to that point already. Ever hear about a site called www.truedater.com ? TrueDater is a database of reviews written by people who met through online personals. It's like Amazon.com, only instead of books, you're reviewing people. More specifically, you are reviewing their ability to represent themselves online.

The goal of the site is not to rate (or berate) the person, but to compare how he or she matched the profile that got your attention. Does she look like her pictures? Is he really 6 feet tall? Could she quote from every Monty Python skit you've ever seen, or is she trying to fake it with five snippets from The Holy Grail?

Check it out, you can browse the reviews and compare them to the actual profiles. It's some very interesting reading....

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you had better start working on getting a title. If you don't have something to offer, why should they bother? Yep, they get to qualify YOU as well.

If that works for you, great! Personally I am wary about women that have something to hide, I just enjoy confident, outgoing women.
I just don't think being athletic, funny, rich, good looking is somehting that really brings fun. It boost her ego, yes, it is fun to date such men, sure. But ultimately it boils down to chemistry...if there is no chemistry, all those attirbutes are nice but "not enough" for somebody who are not superficial. If there is chemistry, it will not really matter much...of course some levels of those things are expected, but there is no point in being very athletic or very funny or very good looking or very rich.

So if chemistry is the main component, then it doesn't really matter if she has a pic or not...usually it is not easy to determine attraction just looking at a pic.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if chemistry is the main component, then it doesn't really matter if she has a pic or not...usually it is not easy to determine attraction just looking at a pic.
So what do you think invokes chemistry? I know different women enjoy different styles of men, but what makes them click with you?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what do you think invokes chemistry? I know different women enjoy different styles of men, but what makes them click with you?
First lets define what does not invokes chemistry (but may invoke a lot of attraction): style, clothes, car, cologne, being athletic, being rich... etc.

What invokes chemistry? Pheromones I think.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First lets define what does not invokes chemistry (but may invoke a lot of attraction): style, clothes, car, cologne, being athletic, being rich... etc.

What invokes chemistry? Pheromones I think.
Body chemistry does have something to do with it however being esthetically pleasing does play a part. Style does include how one presents himself to the world.

A picture is worth a thousand words but no, it does not tell the entire story. The way that a guy markets himself has something to do with it. Target marketing is the best way in my opinion rather than general mass marketing.

So back to chemistry, what character traits would be appreciated by the type of woman you would like to attract?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Body chemistry does have something to do with it however being esthetically pleasing does play a part. Style does include how one presents himself to the world.

The way that a guy markets himself has something to do with it. Target marketing is the best way in my opinion rather than general mass marketing.

So back to chemistry, what character traits would be appreciated by the type of woman you would like to attract?
Style sure does play part... but if she goes for style, she is not my girl...today I have style, tomorrow I won't and she'll start looking for somebody else who's "got style"? No, I'd rather go for somebody more loyal who is not looking for the style.

It seems true.. and the right thing to do: target marketing. But I always discovered attractive gals "by accident", never happened with "target marketing". Mistake in my "target marketing"? Maybe.

Character traits? Genuine, intelligent, understanding, a bit of smart a**.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it important what traits I think I have? She will notice somehting else anyway...

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to share with ya'll what my experiences with online dating have been; you might agree or disagree;

short version; its great !

longer version;

select the dating service that suits you and your needs carefully; follow some basic security meassures-never straying from these.

if the women arent your type, change dating service

dont subscribe for more than 2-3 months even though they give discount for 1 year subscriptions, cause you wont be using the service for much longer, and since most services state when you began, you wont give the impression that you are the perpetual dater !, close your old account and start a new; reuse profile text if it is working, but use new picture and refrase first 3 - 5 lines of the profile text

using more than one dating service can mean trouble if you dont keep track of where you met who ?

present yourself with the syle as a DJ, sofistication, suaveness, but not as a player. Dont come on strong; less is more. Subtle stead of direct.

Write a good profile, but one that IS you. Dont be dumb-honest and tell all in the profile. Dont say that you have humor; show it in your text.

Keep the profile at a reasonable lenght: no telegrams ( you arnt paying by word here ), and no novels.

Dont sound desperate or nervous.

Write both about yourself and what you seek in a woman.

Use words that contain feelings and create pictures; you like to have a steaming hot coffee at a cosy café

Include a picture or at least write; i'll send a picture to you if you like (hell i'll handdeliver it to you, if you ask me politely), but due to my job (whatever) I am reluctant to have my picture hanging around the internet *and* then describe yourself as truthfully as you can.

Dont sit around waiting for women to contact you.

Use whatever search-option you have to get a list of potential dating objects (pdo's).

Dont limit yourself; you dont know whether the pdo's have presented themselves truthfully in their information.

Keep copies of every PDO profile that you are interested in. They might cancel their subscription for any reason. Most computers nowadays can print a window to a PDF-file.

Keep records of what you wrote and she wrote. Believe you-me; she will at one point remember that you said x in email number 2 and now you are saying the opposite ?

Keep what you tell about yourself simple and within certain limits; else you cant remember to whom you told what.

Write to every pdo you want to; dont limit yourself. Write to as many as you have time to write to. This is a numbers game.

Do not *repeat* DO NOT only write to women who have a picture in their profile.

My experience have shown that women with a picture ( good looking women at least ) get so many mails from would-be boyfriends that your mail will drown in the avalanche of messages.

Good looking women with a picture also know that they look good and are more prone to be AW's

And do you know that the picture is of her, and recent, and not before she opted to drown her love-sorrows in Haagen-Dasz ?

Do yourself the favor and read the profiles that come without a photo. Women might not have a picture for so many various reasons; they actually look good but know from friends that girls with good looks & a picture get too many mails.

PDO's without photo also tend to be happy to get a mail from you, because everybody writes to PDO's with photo's only.

My success with writing to PDO's with photo has been limited; but writing to PDO's without a profile picture is remarkable.

Always ask for a photo and always include a photo if you dont have one in your profile.

Visit the dating-site at least every second day and check for new women; write these women ASAP

Getting to be one of the first to mail her will be a huge advantage for you.

When you write to a woman;
read carefully what she has written in her profile and then try to find one or 2 points that you can comment on.

be a bit flirtacious, double entendre's are just fine, but with style

being ****y in email is a tricky one, since you dont know what kind of humor she has; use smileys a lot

annoy her in a funny, not annoying way; if she made a spelling error point it out, but only if you can make a joke of it, not just to put her down

if there are ANY inconsistencies; point them out
it might be a huge red flag that you should avoid her, or it could be to your advantage that she sees that you actually read what she wrote

always ask questions, but relevant questions regarding what she wrote; give her a good reason to get back to you

if possible mimick her way of writing, and get some mindgames going

fx. case-scenario from my mails:
I prefer nonsmokers but made a mistake overlooking that this PDO was a smoker, but she had a lot else going for her. She mailed back that she is a smoker. So I replied; gee what a shame, you know, cause kissing a woman that smokes is kinda like kissing the ashtray, so I guess well be like 2 ships at night, just passing. She replied; I dont want to be left alone on the ocean so i'll promise I'll brush my teeth before each time we meet !

Do nots when you write a woman;

- i've read your profile and I couldnt believe that we were just so compatible
- i've could have written exactly what you wrote
- hi, am interested, get back to me
- hi, i have a large house and 3 mercedes but miss you in my life
- hi, if I dont reply you you at once its because i'm off to my second home in Aspen
- dont tell *anything* about past dating experiences

More do nots:
- dont mention sex or sexual preferences unless the dating forum is called Onenightstand.com or
QuickF***.biz

Make it clear in your profile or your first mail, that you are not into long'ish mails. Its when you meet in person that the chemestry can be found or not.

Be *really* casual about this; you are not wanting a dinner date, just a coffe date.

What if her profile is very short ?
Tell her that she is not paying by word, but despite the little she wrote, you got a hunch that there was a lot more, that you wanted to find out about.

If she doesnt provide a photo pretty quickly; tease her about it at first. She might not have a scanner og any friends with photo-cell-phones, but this is basically a big red flag. NEXT her at own will.

Be prepared for being tested;

she might get 'angry' with you for writing something

she might think that, because you havent any children that you lack the kind of maturity she is looking for

REMEMBER; this is only testing you to see whether you will turn wussy and apologetic to her

stand fast ! never apologize for what you have written and what you are

get back at her and say something like; whaov and we havent even met yet, and you think you know me ? what are you; Janice Freud ?

above all; stay calm, witty and treat her like an obnoxious little sister but never putting her down, like if you are having a grand time mailing with her

she will do anyhting to see if you will turn wussy on her; this can go on for several emails, and she might even throw the ultimate test at you;

"hey to be honest i dont know whether we should continue this. i mean you sound a bit of a challenge, and that is good, but i'm not sure if its worth it" one PDO actually wrote this to me !

answer back; "hey it takes two to tango !" and then do a follow up on something that you know she just *have* to reply to

operative word here is that you got to get the conversation flowing, so that she will want to reply you; she will be waiting for your reply; she will need to know more about you; and will need to meet you in person

she is typically emailing with perhaps 5 - 10 others at the same time, so you must stay interesting and mysterious

once she got you labelled, you are history in the email stage of dating

No matter how good the emailing is; move on to a coffee date ASAP. No pressure from you, just a single statement, that all this email is kinda OK, a meeting face to face is better. If she doesnt agree at first, she might be shy / timid or just wasting your time. Tease her that she can bring all her girlfriends if she like; in fact tell her to be sure that her girlfriends have their phone numbers written down in advance so they dont have to share your pen. But do this respectfully in a manner not putting her down.

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 2

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
part 2

continued

Ask for phone number ? What for ? You are having a conversation by email, so you can ask her out in an email. Asking for a phonenumber on email is a no-no IMHO. She hasnt met you, dont know you, and you ask for a phone number ?

Respect any security / safety concerns she might have. Just say, yes dear ! on these issues. At this stage its not the time to force your mind set unto hers.

IMHO most women accept that we all email with more than one at the beginning, but if she should ask for exclusivity, turn her gently down like; "you wanna go steady even before we have our first date ?; honey, I thought *I* was quick, but you are the Concorde of dating"

or; "sure i'm emailing others, arnt you ?????. If you are that impressed with my photo, you are going to have a heart attack when you see me in person ! "

Re-read her profile, and every single email, before meeting her for the first time, and memorize her name ! Never be in doubt whether it was her or another PDO that you told about your previous jobs.

Remember that some dating services show when you last was logged-in / online, so if a PDO can see that you have logged in for several days but didnt email her back; thats a bad sign, and yes women, however most of them not being technical, can actually read what is on the screen !

Remedy; write in profile; I am on broad-band / ADSL / DSL whatever, so it apparently appears that I am online when I am not.

or have a second 'lurger' profile where you find new PDO's that you want to contact from your main profile.

In mails also indicate that you will be offline till next whatever.

Never be online friday and saturday night ! Sunday morning you can write like; sitting here nursing the grim results from last night party with the gang with a nice cuppa strong coffee. Imply mixed-sex gang, but dont get into details. Dont be online too much; you are not living on single-dating.bix, you *do* have a life. If you have longer session online, remarks like; sitting here emailing with family / old pals other part of country / world and checking datingmail too will give an acceptable impression.

Bottom line;
online dating bring you into contact with an endless number of PDO's with no more effort than you would have to log compared to a night out

it really is a numbers game, but in a few hours one sunday i got 4 or 5 coffee dates ( lost count )

and if you are in doubt, think:

how would the Fonz handle this ?
would the Fonz say this ?
how would the Fonz react ?

and never burn your bridges with a girl online,
not even if she appears to be a complete whacko;
it might just be a test

plenty of time to NEXT her when you meet her

heyyyyyyy !

/ scordate

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a good deal of success with online dating over the last three years and I can vouch for just about everything Scordate says.

Read and heed.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Love the "PDO" concept. I can see several things I've done wrong in reviewing this. Bump!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by scordate
I want to share with ya'll what my experiences with online dating have been; you might agree or disagree;

short version; its great !
This is what happens when you take the time, keep an open mind and learn from each interaction, profile and picture you post. :up:

Immaculate

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got this reply from a girl off match.com.. how would you guys reply to this?

-------------------
You seem sweet, but honestly younger than someone I'd be interested in. I wouldn't mind keeping in touch for friendship. You never know what friend I may be able to set you up with :)
------------------

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Immaculate
I just got this reply from a girl off match.com.. how would you guys reply to this?

-------------------
You seem sweet, but honestly younger than someone I'd be interested in. I wouldn't mind keeping in touch for friendship. You never know what friend I may be able to set you up with :)
------------------

Thanks for the note. I'm surprised, you don't seem to be the type of woman that restricts herself with meaningless things like age. No worries though, I'm not one to push anyone beyond their comfort level.