Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Internet chicks: Are they all nuts?

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend and I have this ongoing theory that all of those chicks on online dating sites are on there for a reason: they're ****ing crazy. we've each talked and met with our fair share of internet women and found that most of them are bizzare...does anyone else agree? I think I'm looking for love in all of the wrong places...my college sucks because all of the women have boyfriends, and the ones that dont are ugly...the web chicks are all nuts, clubs/bars have sluts for the most part (and I'm looking for a good quality woman...p.s. I'm 20) Where do you go to find good quality women?

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like your game needs some tweeking. to say that "all" hot women at your college have boyfriends is a generalization. i've met quality chicks at bars/clubs. they are just like me. they go out to have a good time. just because they choose to dance in a club doesn't make them slvts.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say a good majority of them are..... like 75-80%

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
I'd say a good majority of them are..... like 75-80%
More like 90%. All the girls that use the internet...............

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating has it bassackwards

That's the problem with it. The chemistry comes first, but online dating is presented as a "shopping list." Then you meet the person and they ain't what you thought they'd be. Better to
meet them first.

10-4

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonhomme has it right.

But I don't think a lot of internet women are mad, certainly not a great deal more mad than women in the 'real' world. You just have to be selective and filter out the flakes before you date them, which is one of the main advantages of the system.

The disadvantage with internet dating is that, for women, it works on the 'shopping list' principle.

I've dated internet chicks and discussed this with them, apparently they get dozens of emails a day so they develop the habit of just binning anybody who doesn't measure up to their ideal. (ie, under a certain height, wrong eye colour, etc).

Now that's fair enough, but if you met someone in the flesh first, you would at least have a chance to demonstrate value and bypass her 'shopping list'.

Overall I think internet dating is a good 'back up' for dry periods but it should always be seen as a back up. People go on about how it's 'the modern way to date' or 'great for busy people' etc but ultimately if you can't interact and get dates in real life you are doing something wrong - especially if you're an attractive woman.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "nobody's good enough" syndrome

Almost all the attractive women who do online matchmaking are seriously stricken with the syndrome. They want someone so perfect he doesn't exist. If their favorite musician, actor, athlete, or whatever had a profile, they would reject it because "he eats meat" or "doesn't want to sleep with the dog," or some such.

Some of the shopping lists are just hilarious.

Of course, my own standards are ridiculously high, too, though in a much different way: not so specific. But I'm fully aware of it, and accept the responsibility for it.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wysiwyg6000
(and I'm looking for a good quality woman...p.s. I'm 20) Where do you go to find good quality women?
sounds to me that by looking for good quality women you're looking for LTR material? if so, I wouldn't sweat that at your age...you're young guy and in your prime so I'd worry more about getting out there and having fun....maybe you're just having a long streak of bad luck.

personally, I wouldn't use the internet personals as a part of your DJ arsenal at your age, you have better opportunities to go out/be around women at school, etc. As you get older and out of that environment, it can be a little harder, as you get more settled and all that grown-up sh!t -- I think then the online personals are ok to use, but never as your only method to meeting new people. my 2 cents.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well first of all. you will be hard pressed to find a woman under 24 that is of any use to you. Women don't mature enough until after that age . They have a phase they go through where they need to have fun. You will be damn luck if you find a girl that doesn't go through this phase.

For now, just find a few F friends and don't worry about it.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
Well first of all. you will be hard pressed to find a woman under 24 that is of any use to you. Women don't mature enough until after that age . They have a phase they go through where they need to have fun. You will be damn luck if you find a girl that doesn't go through this phase.

For now, just find a few F friends and don't worry about it.

^ couldn't have said it better myself.

Reaction score
I didn't read your post, but I think they are mostly fat and nasty...or wierdo's like starqueer and sniffer...cant get real dates so they hang out on the internet.

Rawk Steady

Don Juan
Reaction score
YES! Nuts as in being unbearably desperate and needy. Use internet personals only if you are under house arrest!

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Internet chicks: Are they all nuts?

Originally posted by 86
sounds to me that by looking for good quality women you're looking for LTR material? if so, I wouldn't sweat that at your age...you're young guy and in your prime so I'd worry more about getting out there and having fun....maybe you're just having a long streak of bad luck.

personally, I wouldn't use the internet personals as a part of your DJ arsenal at your age, you have better opportunities to go out/be around women at school, etc. As you get older and out of that environment, it can be a little harder, as you get more settled and all that grown-up sh!t -- I think then the online personals are ok to use, but never as your only method to meeting new people. my 2 cents.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

suavedave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree.

IMHO -- if you are going for an internet chick, to use the words of one mASF writer in another context, "You better use a steel belted condom." I mean, do you _really_ want to go out/screw a chick that you have no idea how many other guys she has done before? Chances are if she is looking on the internet she is a bit of a slvt. It's a scary world... but as a rule use a condom and at least use your best judgement. PU and ROCK!

--
Quotation from Robert Louis Stevenson. 'To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour.'

32swf

Don Juan
Reaction score
same as in real life

I think the chances of meeting a crazy on the internet are probably the same as in real life. Which would you rather tell your grandkids how you met?

a. you were both drunk and hooked up in a bar, or

b. chatted to someone for a few weeks, learned about them, and then meeting in person

I use the internet, and I'm not a wacko. I'm intelligent, sane, and kinda hot. But I AM shy a lot of the time, and don't tend to meet men when I go out, because they tend to gather around the more boisterous very flirty women. And when I do go out with friends, it's always the same crowd of people at parties, bars, etc.

After a certain age, it just gets more difficult to meet people. But in college?? please. You're in the prime of your life. Enjoy it. Play sports, join clubs, go to social events. I'm sure all the good ones aren't taken. Or try talking to one of the queiter ones, we tend to get overlooked. good luck.

wysiwyg6000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: same as in real life

Originally posted by 32swf
I think the chances of meeting a crazy on the internet are probably the same as in real life. Which would you rather tell your grandkids how you met?

a. you were both drunk and hooked up in a bar, or

b. chatted to someone for a few weeks, learned about them, and then meeting in person

I use the internet, and I'm not a wacko. I'm intelligent, sane, and kinda hot. But I AM shy a lot of the time, and don't tend to meet men when I go out, because they tend to gather around the more boisterous very flirty women. And when I do go out with friends, it's always the same crowd of people at parties, bars, etc.

After a certain age, it just gets more difficult to meet people. But in college?? please. You're in the prime of your life. Enjoy it. Play sports, join clubs, go to social events. I'm sure all the good ones aren't taken. Or try talking to one of the queiter ones, we tend to get overlooked. good luck.
that's the problem...I've tried to get involved in clubs and stuff like that but my work and school schedule conflicts with the club's meeting times. literally every girl I've gone after these past several years has had a boyfriend, it's annoying as hell...so I've shifted stragies now: now I just become their friends, talk to them on AIM and ask if they have any cute friends they can hook me up with. I've had one girl offer me her room mate (who I must say, is quite ugly) so far, I should try others and see if I get any cuter chicks.

Thanks for the advice.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: same as in real life

Originally posted by 32swf

amen sista

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: same as in real life

Originally posted by wysiwyg6000
now I just become their friends, talk to them on AIM and ask if they have any cute friends they can hook me up with. I've had one girl offer me her room mate (who I must say, is quite ugly) so far, I should try others and see if I get any cuter chicks.

becoming the friends thing is ok for social proof etc, but you asking them to hook you up is weak. you're basically giving them the power to match you up with someone you may not want to touch w/ a ten foot pole.

ever been on a blind date? not me, never.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree that the so many of the women are nuts, there may be a lot I'm wondering what is up with the guys who keep going after the ones that are questionable? It sounds like they need to work on their qualifying skills.

When I was single I wasted a lot or time doing the things that AFCs do. I would have had a negative attitude about the net too if I hadn't found help in building my DJ skills and my understanding of 'womanease.'

After I learned, I spent just a couple of hours a week qualifying the women I came across online. I got to the point of going out 3-5 times a week with women who passed my first round of qualifications.

90% of the women I met were attractive and intelligent (hb7s and up). I decided to see about 30% on a semi regular basis and I nexted the other 60%. They all had their acts together but I didn't feel a spark so I decided to move on.

In a nutshell, unless you have your act together, you will waste time and money on women that are below your standards. However, understand that you must first have a standard and know how to sift though the ones that do not fit that standard.