Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

interesting insight into meeting my ex girlfriend today...

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed to meet her to "catch up" as she put it. I dumped her a couple months back as she was acting like a pre-madonna, so I was afraid she had to go!

Anyway the so called "catch up" turned out to be all about how many drunken nights she'd had, how many guys she'd pulled on holiday blah blah. She was all dressed up to the nines (I suspect to try and make me think I was missing out on something!)

The conversation basically went, "I've been going out loads, getting pissed with all the boys from work, went on holiday to Greece, pulled a hot greek man, blah blah. Of course all this talk had me in laughter at her daft attempt to make me feel jealous.

It's really weird, as she is a stunning looking girl!, she's 24yrs old but acts like a silly 17 year old. I have no regrets whatsoever about dumping her.

Obviously today was all about trying to reel me back into her web again.

the question is why would she be like this when she could probably go out and get any guy she wanted. She's such an attention seeker its unbelievable!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dave111
...the question is why would she be like this when she could probably go out and get any guy she wanted. She's such an attention seeker its unbelievable!
Because she knows that guys will give her the attention she craves. You've broken up with her, I don't understand why you would want to get together to "catch up." Do guys like this ever get over their ex's? How can they?

Here's something for you; some of the guys remember me posting about a girl I dated a couple of years back. We broke up a year ago and have seldom crossed paths. We belong to the same bike club but I may have seen her at only one event.

To add to that, we now work for the same company, in the same building separated by only one floor. Even though it's been almost four months in the same building, we've only bumped into each other once in the cafeteria. I tell you one thing, I didn't have the time or the interest to "catch up."

So can someone tell me what I am missing out on for not wanting to play 'catch up' with an ex.

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see your point and agree....

I do want to slowly cut the contact with this girl. I suppose I dont want to just instantly cut off all contact with her, but I'd rather just slowly take steps back away from her, I know today wasn't going to help but, she called me and put me on the spot to ask me to meet her, I couldn't think of an excuse quick enough!

I know that this girl misses me like hell and really would deep down love to have me back, but she knows that she messed up and that I will not have her back. I'm not interested in these types of girl, the wild party going type who crave attention from males to boost their ego.

these types of girl are nothing but trouble, its just having the maturity and foresight of moving on without them. At the end of the day, she needs me more than I need her.

Her moto to me used to be "friends come and go"....now I realise why this is with her. This ex of mine has so much growing up to do, its frightening!, I feel really sorry for her, because deep down she has issues, and problems with her self esteem that I think she cant even admit to herself!

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude how could you not think of an excuse? heres the 3 that work best for me.

"Im busy"

"I have other plans"

"No."

try it sometime heheh

gungho

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through the exact same thing, EX-GF is the exact age and does the same thing. We went out to dinner around my bday, she suggested it, paid for it, she got all dressed up im like uh your all dressed up and shes like this is how i like to dress now (yah right). She likes to talk bout all the guys shes been with playing the field blah blah blah. Im like thats cool even offering her advice for some guy she met that was well off, good looking and other **** (so she says). I actually was laughing to myself, I know she was trying to make me jealous but I didn't care I just felt sorry for her. I know she would love to get back with me but I have no interest for her, considering i dumped her for one of her friends lol.

Anyways im just commenting because I almost had to double take on your post because it was so similiar i thought maybe i posted it when i was drunk or something.

All I can comment on in regards to your post is to say that since you (we) initiated the breakup it has stung her, she was trying to impress you and let you know she is having a great time without you (but in reality its empty). If she can't have you at least she wants to try to save some face by showing you she is doing good (but deep down she is still hurting). She is making this effort because she knows it was her fault for the breakup (as was in my situation too) and instead of trying to get you back by begging or whatever, shes hoping she can impress you by showing you what you are missing and be interested in taking her back.

Anyways good luck, i still have my ex on msn and every week she posts up a new name on how amazing her weekend was and how much fun she had blah blah blah.. i just laugh it off as pathetic.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no point to this "catch up" thing. Why do it?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: I see your point and agree....

Originally posted by Dave111
...Her moto to me used to be "friends come and go"....now I realise why this is with her. This ex of mine has so much growing up to do, its frightening!, I feel really sorry for her, because deep down she has issues, and problems with her self esteem that I think she cant even admit to herself!
And this effects your life how???? Breaking ties seems like the right thing to do, but she's still within reach. She can still pull you under y'know.