Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Intense bodyheat

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this problem for years now where I'm constantly too warm and often find myself overheating. When I exercise or if I'm in a warm room it feels like I'm burning up. I'll often start sweating and going lightheaded.

It causes a big problem for me during sex as I get extremely hot and often have to stop. Women who have slept with me also notice this and say that I'm hot to the touch. In fact, with no exaggeration, I can heat up a small room.

At home my windows are constantly open and I have a fan pointing at me, even during winter.

I realise this is a problem, but I don't have any idea what it could be or how to avoid it. Anyone else have this or know what causes it?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, we must be brothers.

I literally have the same problem, and I have a couple theories. 1) I am a little bigger than average (230 ish) and since I crossed the 220 threshold I've been hot, most of the time. When I was around 200 I did get warm but not nearly as much. 2) The byproduct of all metabolic activity is----HEAT! So it could be that we have higher-than-normal metabolic rates and this is just constantly generating heat. I know when I eat a big meal I will be hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable for the next hour or two after. 3) This is really a guess, but there could be something slightly 'off' in the way we thermo-regulate. We may just be inefficient thermo-regulators and thus our sweating mechanism kicks in all the time in an attempt to cool us off. In the house if the temp goes above 70 F I am borderline uncomfortable. I have to have it 68 or lower to sleep, or a fan blasting on me. At work when I have to wear a shirt and tie plus my white coat I am definitely sweating, and it's embarrassing. During sex if I do any sort of "work" for more than 2 minutes I am sweating. At the gym I'm like a sweat machine. My t-shirt is soaked through completely after I'm done.

So those are my theories, and you're not alone, lol.

_TAO_

Don Juan
Reaction score
ITS GLOBAL WARMING!!! haha, but I really do have the same problem though. I always have my air conditioning as low as possible and people always complain about it being cold when they come over. I get massive pit stains just walking to class, even if it's only about 65 degrees F.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
At work when I have to wear a shirt and tie plus my white coat I am definitely sweating, and it's embarrassing.
That's why scrubs rule!!! Try responding to a code blue pushing a 400 lb crash cart that corners like a house when you're conditioning sucks!

I definitely get too hot too quickly. I almost always train in a tank top, and I still sweat like a pig. Just get too damn hot with anything else. I think its a function of the waste heat from muscle metabolism as well as being inadequately conditioned! I also get like a weird ass heat wave after meals... but only after higher protein meals. I think it may have to do with the thermic effect of protein.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some things I can think are dropping body fat, drinking lots of cold water, wearing less clothing, less hair. Of course I don't follow my own advice cause I'm dumb =P Yay for warm-headed migraine vomiting.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies here. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this and it seems like it may be common among us bulked up guys. If I find a way to overcome it I'll let you know.

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you, man. I'm constantly warm no matter what. Thankfully, Jariel, I don't have the lightheaded symptoms you have (which must suck).

It just sucks looking like hell when I work out -- sweating, red face, etc -- the guys asking me if I'm alright -- the thing is, I feel totally fine, no problems breathing or anything

I have noticed that the amount of body heat I give off has increased significantly since I started my workout routines some time ago.

On the plus side, my GF saves on her heating bills in the winter by getting close with me...and who can argue with that?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday in the office, after lunch I broke out sweating while working.

I had to go to the bathroom to towel off. A 'dry shower'. After that I was fine, just kept downing the cold water.

Cold water is used to cool nuclear reactors, so I figure it can keep me cool too.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's mid October and I'm sitting with my window open, fan on, wearing just a vest, and I'm still burning up. The sad thing is I have to cut a lot of my workouts short not due to lethargy or muscle fatigue, but because I'm too damn hot to continue. Last 2 times I had sex I had to stop for the same reason too, which really sucked.

But maybe we have some latent superpower we're waiting to discover, like the ability to shoot electricity from our fingertips or fireballs from our hands.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have this problem and it really affects me. I'm around 165lbs and i've always had a hot body and never did well. I sweat alot.

All year round i walk around in shorts and no shirt when i'm home and sleep the same way including the winter. If i sleep with a shirt on, sometimes i wake up in a sweat.

I go out to meetings in a suit and tie and i show up drenched, it's embarassing at times. I've learned to carry paper towels with me to wipe off the sweat and i also carry my jacket until i get into the building then put it on. If i can i'll also go to the restroom to splash water on my face to cool down.

When i eat spicy food it will look like i just got out of a swimming pool.

So yeah working out and sex, i sweat like a dog. My coaches in the past said it was good as my body has a strong natural cooling system as you sweat to cooldown your body but its definitely not convenient. I was carrying light boxes for this girl i was seeing and it was pretty embarassing (it doesn't bother me that much as it annoys me) as i tried to only carry lighter boxes because i was starting to sweat, the heavier boxes would have made the sweating worse and eventually i had to lift the heavier boxes. She brought me a towel and water but it was still annoying.

I'm glad my body is doing its job but i wish it wasn't so extreme.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've also realized that i get dehydrated very easily as my mouth and nasal passages will get dry if i don't down gallons of water everyday.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
i've also realized that i get dehydrated very easily as my mouth and nasal passages will get dry if i don't down gallons of water everyday.
Same here. If I can't drink I have to chew gum constantly. Another downside of this is because I get dehydrated easily my body stores a lot of water retention.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly check your heart rate next time you start to spontaneously combust.

There could be something serious going on beyond the usual metabolic heating during digestion. For me, I attribute it to downing a few thermogenic pills prior, as well as eating the first meal of the day at the same time.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quicksilver: My heart rate is fine most of the time as it'll often happen while I'm sitting still or if I walk into a shop. I find I can workout (and have sex) much longer and harder in the winter.

Something I'm experimenting with is cutting down on hot drinks and drinking a lot more cold water.

Duracell_Bunny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried taking cold showers?

I find I sweat for a few hours after a hot shower, especially if I've been in the gym sauna or steam room. Since having cold showers after (to the point of almost shivering) I sweat a lot less.

This also worked last time I was abroad, my lower back tends to sweat easily. Taking a cold shower before going out held back that embarrassing sweat mark on the back of my shirt.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Duracell_Bunny said:
Have you tried taking cold showers?

I find I sweat for a few hours after a hot shower, especially if I've been in the gym sauna or steam room. Since having cold showers after (to the point of almost shivering) I sweat a lot less.

This also worked last time I was abroad, my lower back tends to sweat easily. Taking a cold shower before going out held back that embarrassing sweat mark on the back of my shirt.
cold shower raises testosterone
lack of testosterone gives hot flushes

i may be wrong, but i am just wondering, do any of you guys know your test. levels? just to be sure i am wrong.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah its normal your body is just in a state to always burn cals nothing more.

OR we are all turning into human torches LOL .............. " Flame on "

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check your normal heart rate while seated. Is it always elevated? If so, then you may want to see a doctor and request to speak with an endocrinologist.

I guess the biggest question is: is this interfering with your life? If it's a singificant problem that you don't see others encountering, then you may have some sort of hormonal imbalance. I think it's obvious to say that most people don't overheat when they have sex or exercise, and almost no one exercises to the point of passing out, let along accidentally heating up to the point of passing out.

If you're well-hydrated, reasonably conditioned, and for all intensive purposes reasonably healthy, then you'll have to make the decision whether or not you'd be willing to accept pharmacological intervention from a doctor, or maybe just reassurance that your metabolism is within the range of normal.

If this started to happen suddenly and doesn't seem to get any better then you should probably speak to a doctor. It could be that your perception of temperature is warped, your body is just a little different, or you've got a medical condition that could be dealt-with. The decision of whether or not to pursue medical advice is up to you, but you probably won't find much sound endocrinology-related advice on here, nor will you be able to gain any significant insights into potential causes unless you speak with a medical doctor and have some bloodwork done.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A quick update on this after a long time of researching...

I went to the doctors and got myself a full medical. All my test results came back very good - low cholesterol, healthy blood pressure and very high testosterone levels. However, the results did indicated I was dehydrated and it was brought to my attention that I need to increase my water intake and reduce caffeine. Although this didn't help in terms of my temperature, my health and energy has improved a lot as a result.

I started taking cold showers as Duracell Bunny suggested, and they helped keep me cool for an hour or so afterwards, but not long term. However, I more recently started taking cold baths. I found that 20 minutes in a cold bath (no warm water added) helped keep me cooler and more comfortable for much longer periods. I've started taking them before workouts and before I go out and I feel much better.

It's not a permanent solution, but it helps.