Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Insulin resistance

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys about 12 years ago I was put in my local Mental Hospital for Pure O and OCD.

this resulted in a decade of self medicating with alcohol, Panic Attacks etc etc.

I also used caffeine heavy. as you can imagine my Adrenal gland has been in use.

Everytime i go to do the doctors I get told Im a fine running rolls Royce, with excellent blood test, and my Cholesterol is perfect. this is important to note as my output doesnt match these results..

I quit alcohol 2 years ago, struggled to quit caffeine that was removed 3 weeks ago. my daily nutrition and water intake is pretty good. I dont really have sugar. couple of boiled sweets and 1 chocolate bar a week.

heres my output

*Cant lose weight for Sh*t
*broken sleep
*Pee 4-5 times a night.
*roll tongue a lot(low cortisol floating around still)
*slightly raised BP.
*Feel depressed
*Dont put muscle on fast at all
*heavy head

Even when i did a cycle of var and test I didnt get anywhere near the results my mate did on the same stuff.

its like my hormones are totally ****ed from years of abuse.

Ive ordered some ashwagandha any other tips please?. my lifes pretty happy and stress free, but my body isnt reacting that way.

do I require a test for this or is it not recognised by the medical field?

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend in HS that had to pee all the time. He finally went in and got tested and had type 1 diabetes.

The best book I ever read on the subject of insulin resistance is “The Complete Guide to Fasting” by Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore. I only eat in a 6-8 hour window every day since reading that book.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a friend in HS that had to pee all the time. He finally went in and got tested and had type 1 diabetes.
would my recent doctors blood work have shown this, he said Im perfect?

obviously dont feel it, or perform like it.

ill take a look at the book cheers

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah so basically when you eat you trigger insulin, so the idea is to limit your calorie intake to a shortened window, when I'm trying to burn fat or just in general because I fast alot, I have colitis and acid reflux so eating is a chore, 2 hour window for my days calories works the best for me, One Meal A Day or OMAD you can read up on it.

But snacking all day is going to limit your weight loss severely

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah so basically when you eat you trigger insulin, so the idea is to limit your calorie intake to a shortened window, when I'm trying to burn fat or just in general because I fast alot, I have colitis and acid reflux so eating is a chore, 2 hour window for my days calories works the best for me, One Meal A Day or OMAD you can read up on it.

But snacking all day is going to limit your weight loss severely

Ive just looked into this but apparently it will ramp my cortisol levels up by fasting, I thought my cortisol levels were already part of the problem.

damn this is confusing lol

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive just looked into this but apparently it will ramp my cortisol levels up by fasting, I thought my cortisol levels were already part of the problem.

damn this is confusing lol
You can naturally supplement for cortisol if you like.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Guys about 12 years ago I was put in my local Mental Hospital for Pure O and OCD.

this resulted in a decade of self medicating with alcohol, Panic Attacks etc etc.

I also used caffeine heavy. as you can imagine my Adrenal gland has been in use.

Everytime i go to do the doctors I get told Im a fine running rolls Royce, with excellent blood test, and my Cholesterol is perfect. this is important to note as my output doesnt match these results..

I quit alcohol 2 years ago, struggled to quit caffeine that was removed 3 weeks ago. my daily nutrition and water intake is pretty good. I dont really have sugar. couple of boiled sweets and 1 chocolate bar a week.

heres my output

*Cant lose weight for Sh*t
*broken sleep
*Pee 4-5 times a night.
*roll tongue a lot(low cortisol floating around still)
*slightly raised BP.
*Feel depressed
*Dont put muscle on fast at all
*heavy head

Even when i did a cycle of var and test I didnt get anywhere near the results my mate did on the same stuff.

its like my hormones are totally ****ed from years of abuse.

Ive ordered some ashwagandha any other tips please?. my lifes pretty happy and stress free, but my body isnt reacting that way.

do I require a test for this or is it not recognised by the medical field?
What do your blood levels show? It will tell you if you are diabetic or not.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can naturally supplement for cortisol if you like.
Ive ordered some ashwaganda

What do your blood levels show? It will tell you if you are diabetic or not.
The doc said everything was perfect, they dont really say much more than that as you only get 5 minute appointments in the UK

I was ahppy my cholesterol was perfect because it co -aligns with my diet , but doesnt co align with my muffin tops

hence i believe I have a hormone issue

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Ive ordered some ashwaganda

The doc said everything was perfect, they dont really say much more than that as you only get 5 minute appointments in the UK

I was ahppy my cholesterol was perfect because it co -aligns with my diet , but doesnt co align with my muffin tops

hence i believe I have a hormone issue
How's your blood sugar? In terms of hormones, did he run a full panel?

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful with the ashwagandha I heard it can mess with blood pressure and palpations if taken in too high a dose.

Have you had your test levels checked?

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One milk chocolate bar a week is enough to keep you fat af, especially if you're over 30.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an update I started doing 16-18/8 for a week, I also completely quit decaf coffee aswell, and only drank water through the fasting time. this taught me how "addicted" we are to literally everything, I was foaming at the mouth for my usual routine of a diet pop and hidden carbs.

i then proceeded to do a 48 hour fast, once I was past the initial hunger bout, it was very easy, my mouth tasted like absolute sh*t & it seems like a long day just drinking water, but thats all.

the most interesting thing from this, is I slept like a baby during the 48 hour fast., I even stopped in bed till 11am which i haven't done in 3 years. I ate a load of crap/sugar yesterday and had a terrible nights sleep again.

once my daughter leaves tomm I shall fast till tuesday, theres deffo some kind of healing going on.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@derby1 When did the hunger leave during your fast? I've done a 36 hour fast, and the hunger subsided around 18 hours in.

Last edited:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@derby1 When did the hunger leave during your fast? I've done a 36 hour fast, and the hunger subsided around 18 hours in.
I finished eating tuesday night at 10pm (cant help this schedule its more sociable for me eating at night when i do eat)

then went through till yesterday(friday) at 6pm. I was hungry for a little at wednesday 5pm, then it totally passed. I got mild withdrawal aches and pains wednesday night.

I also didnt fail because i was hungry, I failed because my mouth was foaming for junk food lol.( i dont even eat that much junk food generally lol)

Im going for cole robinsons full 72 hour snake diet this week, Im not worried about lifting weights for now anyway, as theres deffo something wrong with my hormones, I do not believe my body is in any kind of anabolic state at all anyway , and hasnt been for a few years.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Random things I've learned.
Too much caffeine can cause/spike panic attacks.

Fasting every day is such a great routine for me. (about 2/4 hr window) in the evenings. Gives my system plenty of time to work on other things like inflammation instead of digesting all the time. I don't even think of food anymore during the day.

Water. If you're drinking a lot of water (do not) wash away all the minerals in your body by constantly flushing it with straight water . Got to add minerals/electrolytes back. I make my own, read up on it.

Peeing. I'm about 7/8 times a day (tmi sorry) but I learned that the bod gets kinda used to a lot of water and I was constantly thirsty, I backed off a little and stopped guzzling after about 4Pm. Gives me about five hours of flushing before sleep. It helped a lot.

I think I'll try a real fast soon. Thanks for the input. Hope something here helped.

Edit: I just looked up the 72-hr snake diet. Never mind about the water :oops:

Last edited:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Random things I've learned.
Too much caffeine can cause/spike panic attacks.
Im totally quitting coffee, it causes me nothing but IBS, and panic, arthritis symptoms.

Ive just finished my last meal, I will now do the 72 hours, Ive had coffee, chocolate and curry today as my daughter is with me and weve had fun. I expect serious withdrawals tomm.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im totally quitting coffee, it causes me nothing but IBS, and panic, arthritis symptoms.

Ive just finished my last meal, I will now do the 72 hours, Ive had coffee, chocolate and curry today as my daughter is with me and weve had fun. I expect serious withdrawals tomm.
Chromium will help with the carb cravings, i feel like it shaves quite a bit of time off of depleting my stores, I was mixing it with Ashwanganda and getting bad gas so don't mix them unless you want to try it

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a growing body of evidence that vegetable oils, not carbs, are the leading cause of diabetes/insulin resistance, as well as CVD, inflammation, and metabolic disorders.

I would definitely recommend cutting those all out of your diet asap, in addition to refined wheat/grains, and sugars. Definitely get on some kind of IM fasting regimen, too.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a growing body of evidence that vegetable oils, not carbs, are the leading cause of diabetes/insulin resistance, as well as CVD, inflammation, and metabolic disorders.

I would definitely recommend cutting those all out of your diet asap, in addition to refined wheat/grains, and sugars. Definitely get on some kind of IM fasting regimen, too.
Ive had panic attacks for about 10 years, I drank heavily to suppress, them. my cholestoral was perfect the other week, but my body is in a catabolic state. I was more muscular when drunk in 2019 than I am now leading a bodybuilding lifestyle.

this along with my broken sleep has completely messed my hormones up. also when i had my first go at sobriety 4 years ago the weight melted off me. hasnt this time and its been 2 years.