Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Instagram games

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to stay away from communicating with women through social media, so I never ask their instagram.

However, I just wanted to try and see how things go when I ask their Intagram instead of their phone number.

So last week, I asked two girls. Just talking to them in real life, then asked "Hey, do you wanna connect on Insta?" Both of them showed high interest during conversation and were enthusiastic about connecting. So I sent both of them a follow request, but neither of them has accepted my request :D

I know two girls is hardly a meaningful sample size but I'm trying to understand what is going on here. I have zero experience with this, so maybe there are some things you guys can teach me!

1. For example, while texting, girls often intentionally wait a few days before replying (not wanting to seem 'easy', trying to create desire in you, or whatever their reasons). Is there a similar dyamic where they will intentionally wait a while before accepting your follow request on Instagram? Like in the old days we would wait 3 days before calling a girl after getting her number, is there a similar habit where girls wait several days or weeks before they accept a follow request on Insta?

2. My profile wasn't private, so when they received my follow request, they could just click my profile an check it out. So there wasn't really any need for them to accept my request in that regard. However, if they don't accept my request, there's no way for us to exchange messages...

To be honest, all these special rules and dynamics which might apply when interacting through social media are the reason I always stayed away from them. Social media is their world, where their idiotic rules and games apply. They suck you in their crazy world and you're playing the game on their home turf, where they have skill level 100 and you are wandering around like a blind man... It totally goes against my code, I don't even want to think about the questions I asked above.

Still, it can't hurt to learn a bit more about this stuff, so if you guys have any knowledge to share, please enlighten me!

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Im not sure it matters that much if you ask for phone number or insta. I think her interest level is more important.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious they just wanted a follow from you.. didn't have any intention of following you back. Can't b lame them if they're not interested or if they checked your profile out and didn't think you were that cool.

alicehosten

Reaction score
By nature, we women will never be the first to ask for a meeting))) This is the privilege of men to call and offer to meet)))

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to stay away from communicating with women through social media, so I never ask their instagram.

However, I just wanted to try and see how things go when I ask their Intagram instead of their phone number.

So last week, I asked two girls. Just talking to them in real life, then asked "Hey, do you wanna connect on Insta?" Both of them showed high interest during conversation and were enthusiastic about connecting. So I sent both of them a follow request, but neither of them has accepted my request :D

I know two girls is hardly a meaningful sample size but I'm trying to understand what is going on here. I have zero experience with this, so maybe there are some things you guys can teach me!

1. For example, while texting, girls often intentionally wait a few days before replying (not wanting to seem 'easy', trying to create desire in you, or whatever their reasons). Is there a similar dyamic where they will intentionally wait a while before accepting your follow request on Instagram? Like in the old days we would wait 3 days before calling a girl after getting her number, is there a similar habit where girls wait several days or weeks before they accept a follow request on Insta?

2. My profile wasn't private, so when they received my follow request, they could just click my profile an check it out. So there wasn't really any need for them to accept my request in that regard. However, if they don't accept my request, there's no way for us to exchange messages...

To be honest, all these special rules and dynamics which might apply when interacting through social media are the reason I always stayed away from them. Social media is their world, where their idiotic rules and games apply. They suck you in their crazy world and you're playing the game on their home turf, where they have skill level 100 and you are wandering around like a blind man... It totally goes against my code, I don't even want to think about the questions I asked above.

Still, it can't hurt to learn a bit more about this stuff, so if you guys have any knowledge to share, please enlighten me!
Imo it's a huge difference whether you ask for a number or SM. By asking for SM you already chickened out a bit. You offer her an extra barrier, like voluntary putting yourself in the friendzone.

Insta could be a way for her to keep you at a arm length distance, or a way to let you down easy. Whenever you want to stay in contact with a woman , show some balls . The only way to run insta game rather than phone game is when you have a Instagram page that is AMAZING. Otherwise you'll reveal too much of yourself and that kills the mystery. If a woman insists on giving her SM rather than her phone number, I take it as a soft next or a plain rejection.

Some things in life will stand the test of time. Same with basic masculinity. Never forget that SM in general is more geared towards women's need. Even WhatsApp is yet another safety net for women to hide behind.

This is my personal preference when it comes to being in contact with a woman;

In person--videocall--phone call--whatsapp--email--social media--dating app.

Im not sure it matters that much if you ask for phone number or insta. I think her interest level is more important.
I dont know, a highly interested woman will probably guide you towards her preferred way of communicating anyway, whether that's the phone or insta.( e.g " I dont use my insta that often so better text me". )

A moderate interested women might wanna see what kinda game you run, and when a man asks for FB or insta it feels to me like he's running highschool play-it-safe- game.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instagram breeds fakeness it's not a level playing field and women know this

Do not get involved in the games other than the very basics

match her response rate and timings , if she leaves you on read for longer than 48 hours its pretty much done and time to remove her from your followers

do NOT orbit her , do NOT like any of her photos and do NOT make any comments

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instagram itself is women's home stadium and a materialistic one.

So unless you look jacked as hell, or flaunting money and a bling-bling lifestyle around, AND at least tens of thousands of followers, there's no such thing as "Instagram games". You can't game women there without anything I have just mentioned.

alicehosten

Reaction score
Hey @alicehosten , nice to see you! I'm a woman too, there are only a few of us here.

Anyway, I don't disagree with you about women's natures, but I'm curious about what's bolded and where you learned it's a man's "privilege" to call us, ask us out, spend time with us? Etc.

I'm around your age and never heard it described that way, that pursuing a woman is a man's privilege.

Believing this makes a woman sound entitled imo, like all she is required to do is 'exist' and men will chase.

Granted I used to be somewhat entitled myself (I blame my mom for that may she RIP) and actually lost a great guy because of it years ago.

I since learned in today's dating environment men need encouragement too and there's absolutely nothing wrong or bad about a woman, assuming she has high interest, she and guy are vibing well and feel an attraction, to casually ask "hey, wanna grab a coffee sometime this week"?

If he hems and haws, makes excuses, chances are he's looking for a texting buddy and if that's not what you want, move on to next.

I am not getting where or how "privilege" plays into it.

Can you clarify and expound?
In your life, the first girl ever met you? She said straight let's go to be friends and take a walk! If so, then this is an exception to the rule.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think if you get a girls insta dont go for the follow immediately but send a dm first. A guy asking to follow a girl is kinda lame and doesnt 'say' anything, its a bit weak and pointless. Its all about 'Game' so you can show some Game by how you txt/dm but just asking for a follow without a message is gameless and just looks like you went for the lowest effort approach.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. From the responses, it seems this (Giving your Insta to a guy and then not accepting his follow request) isn't some clear, recognizable behavior which always means the same thing.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. From the responses, it seems this (Giving your Insta to a guy and then not accepting his follow request) isn't some clear, recognizable behavior which always means the same thing.
They were probably intimidated by the fact that you are Sylvester Stallone.