Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Insider trading

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Icepick.

I think the thing that scares me is my attraction to this guy. I don't have a problem when it comes to meeting men, but there is something about him. And I guess that this does take me for a loop and cause me to act in a way that I wouldn't otherwise. I can honestly say that I haven't had such a crush on anyone before. He's no more handsome or successful than anyone else I've ever dated - I don't know what it is about him that affects me so differently. In fact, he's a lot more quiet and less assuming (as well as less attractive) than they guys I usually go out with. Maybe that's what it is. I don't know how women in different places react to him, but no one at my job is trying to land him (besides me). And from what I get from my friends at the other hospital, he's doesn't have women falling all over him there either. He is known for asking a lot of women out though.

I would hate it if I were "scaring" him. I haven't been weird with him or anything. But when I heard about him having time to ask other people out, I knew he was lying about the time factor and didn't feel I could keep sitting there and listening to him tell me how he was going to call me, he was busy, etc.. I just really wanted to let him know that we could just forget he had said that and maybe take it from there. Does that make sense?

cece

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whoa this is an interesting post, y'all are crazy!

The guy is a pimp, he's just playing mind games with you, but apparently not interested. Hell i do that all the time, its fun ;).

there my 2 cents, and again. Your all scary.

fake edit: Try using a couple more enters, makes posts easier to read.

epicurean

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, the ideal behavior for attracting someone who has turned you down is to genuinely next them. Go on with your life in the most positive frame of mind you can muster.

Be social, flirty, fun loving, cool, etc. in his presence but while interacting with other guys. If you do have any chance of hooking up with this guy (not likely since he is a player and probably wants to stay that way), this will give you the highest probability of success.

This advice is only if you really insist on persuing him, my REAL advice is to just forget about him completely. Even if lightning strikes and you do end up in a relationship, i can gaurantee he will not be faithful.

Good luck

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha, Ive been down that road before too. There is a certain *something* that you see in an otherwise average person, yet no one but you sees anything...

Anyway, you may very well not be scaring him; if you were, im sure you would realize it if you really tried to think about the situation honestly with a clear and composed mind.

I understand what you said about "clearing up the whole number thing", and that was probably the right thing to do.

The thing that really bites for you now is that it seems as if you are stuck.

If I was you right now, I would already have consigned it to unsalvagable and tried to get my mind off of it. (But I have no "game", you may yet talk your way out of this.)

My only ideas are:

- give up (you will forget about him when he leaves)

- use sex in a subtle or blatant way

subtle: make yourself 'look good' (you-know-what-i-mean) and see if hes chekin ya out or not, subtle hints, etc.

blatant: tell everyone matter of factly that you dig him, or he is fine or whatever, tell him and joke with him about how you like him; fun and lighthearted jokey stuff

- do something really crazy or different (this is the best but you have to think of your own things to do, taylor fits to the person, ya know?)

But this "super attraction" thing seems to happen to everyone for no real reason. Funny stuff, eh? It may seem to drive ya nuts, but it is the only thing that makes you feel really alive besides illicit substances or out-of-the-way life threatining things.

(NOTE: In my experience, the 'super attraction' things are usually at least somewhat mutual. Just a thought...)

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's frustrating to think that the one guy that stands apart from the rest is the one guy I couldn't play it cool with. It sounds like my best bet is to back off and then maybe later we'll run into each other again and the timing will be better.

He really does drive me crazy, though. I guess I'll just talk to him when I have to or when he initiates it. I'm not gonna lie and say that won't be hard though. He makes me feel extrememly sexually aggressive. But I don't want to use my sexuality as a draw in the sense that I don't just want him for sex and wouldn't want him to think that with any sexually charged interactions.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
It's frustrating to think that the one guy that stands apart from the rest is the one guy I couldn't play it cool with.
Yeah, that's the reason why many guys come to this site. In fact, similar to the reason I first came here. Met a gorgeous girl (She looked like an Asian version of that girl who was on Survivor and also in the Movie with Rob Schneider...the one where he's a cop and act's like an animal. Except this girl had an usually voluptous body for an asian. Tits and ass like no tomorrow). Anyway, had her fallin over me in the beginning. First date..brought her to my house, did the wild monkey loving thang and took her home in the morning. I thought it was in the bag, no question. But after that she pulled back. But I wanted more of her. Control shifted in her favor and I got myself wrapped around her finger and she ended up playing me. haha!

My friends actually reveled in my despair cause they always thought I was way too ****y when it came to women. But yeah, I went from being the player to the playee, and that's when I first found this site.

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
PR lover,

I read your dissertation (just kidding ;) ). Interesting take on breaking things down to a cellular level. But when we take ourselves away from the microscope, there's so much more to see isn't there? You can't tell me that men don't like women with a bit of fire in 'em. Do you really want someone that fits neatly into their "role"? I agree that there are certain traits that are part of our makeup, but there are also things about each one of us that cannot be explained by our genetic makeup.

I appreciate your stance though, and give you much respect. Thanks for your honest opinion, it really does help me look at things from a different point of view. We men and women really do think differently.

cece

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
Soma,

Sorry that had to happen to you. It sucks, I know.

I would like to think that I'm a great catch. I'm not like a lot of the girls here though - I currently live in the midwest in an area that is not diverse at all. So you can imagine what most of the girls around here look like - blonde or at least highlighted hair, SKINNY with no ass - just super anglo. I'm not from around these parts and am very different from the usual. These girls like to marry the super-white jock that they started dating in high school and start having babies right away. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it's just different from the larger city mentality.

So it may be that I'm not this guys "type" if he's looking for the standard midwestern girl. He's not from here either, he's from South America so maybe the white girl with blonde hair and blue eyes is his "dream". I can't do anything about that. I really don't know what his "type" is. I haven't asked around about him in the sense that I tried to find out who he was dating and what they look like. My friend actually got the info just by listening to some girls talk about some of the guys at that hospital.

I'm not trying to play him either. I'm simply trying to undo the mistake that I made early on and maybe get some insight into what he may be thinking and to interpret what certain things mean. I don't like to go on other people's opinions on others - that's too easy. He's never been rude to me and I do think that he's a nice guy. The fact that he never called doesn't make him an a$$hole, it just means that he didn't feel connected with me on that level. I do, however, feel that there is some attraction there. I won't go into every detail of our interactions, but you know when someone is attracted to you. But attraction alone does not seal the deal. In my case, it may be because - as many of you have pointed out - I did not let him pursue me.

I'm not naive enough to imagine myself marrying this guy or anything like that. I just wanted to get to know him outside of work. I do feel that we would have a lot in common as far as being of different cultures and not being from around here. Also, we are both currently "getting ahead" in life and working very hard in order to do so. Could it be that he hasn't called because he can sense these things about me? And by that I mean that I may be a bit older than the girls he asks out. Maybe he knows who he can get away with certain things with? When I confronted him on the whole phone call thing, it was after he asked me if I was mad at him. I didn't just go up to him and go off on a tangent. Also, I was never rude to him. I didn't tell him that I couldn't believe he was doing this to me, or say that it hurt my feelings or anything like that. I simply told him that it was fine if he didn't see me that way but that we needed to cut the b.s. about time being an issue and go about being adults.

Do I still like him? Yes. Do I still find him incredibly attractive? Yes. I'm not mad at him - there's no reason to be. I don't feel like he was purposely trying to manipulate me. And if he was, it didn't work. I wasn't going to sit back and keep hearing these excuses and act as though I was so grateful to be on his list that I would act like I was cool with it (the saying your gonna do something thing). I called him to the mat and laid out what I was not going to deal with - in a very nice/feminine way. And I didn't walk away with an attitude. I certainly don't want him to feel bad when interacting with him. I just want to stand apart from the rest.

Input?

cece

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: You want us to help you destroy a fellow DJ ?

Originally posted by Lost In Translation

Quote:
" I told him that I liked him and thought he was a nice guy "

bull$hit ! if he was a nice guy you wouldn't want him, he is a DJ

AMEN

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
" I'm not naive enough to imagine myself marrying this guy or anything like that. "

**WARNING WARNING !! DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER !!**

Quote:
" Could it be that he hasn't called because he can sense these things about me? "

**HE IS A DJ AND HE KNOWS YOU A GOLD DIGGING HOOCHIE**

Quote:
" I can honestly say that I haven't had such a crush on anyone before. "

*cough bull$hit*

save the lines for him sweety not us

**NEXT YOU BE TELLING US YOU ARE A VIRGIN**

Quote:
" He's no more handsome or successful than anyone else I've ever dated - I don't know what it is about him that affects me so differently. In fact, he's a lot more quiet and less assuming (as well as less attractive) than they guys I usually go out with. Maybe that's what it is. "

**YOU LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE IS UGLY... YEAH THAT MUST BE IT**

**YOU MEAN YOU LIKE HIM $$$ BECAUSE HES A DOCTOR $$$**

ok now i am going to SPELL IT OUT

CASH MONEY MARRY SINGLE DOCTOR NEVER WORK AGAIN

sing it with me chicky babe YOU KNOW THE WORDS TO THE GOLD DIGGERS SONG

GUCCI, LOUIS VUITTON, BURBERRY

BLING BLING, CASH MONEY, MARRY DOCTOR

WHIP HIS A$$ WITH YO PU$$Y SO HE IS AN ENSLAVED MAN

HAVE KIDS, DIVORCE AND JACKPOT

now repeat the chorus :D

Lost In Translation

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Quote: Don Juanabbe
What are you Vanilla-bloody-Ice?

Quote: Player_Supreme
“ But if a ho wants to just be friends then don't waste your time. And I'm a debase character so your hooking up with her friend in front of her was sweet to my ears. “

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you think you've got me figured out and that I like this guy because he's a DJ? You're wrong. I'll tell you what honestly attracted me to this guy. For one, he is not the stereotypical midwestern boy - he's not from around here, so that stood out immediately. Secondly, he's incredibly polite to everyone and does not come off as ****y in any way. Third, he seems to really enjoy what he does and approaches people in a way that exudes warmth. He does not do anything to draw attention to himself or to "stand out". Also, although I recently heard that women think he's a player, there has never been any incident that I've witnessed that would make me say that. All of these things were things I noticed for the two months that I observed him before even talking with him on a personal level. Women talk - and I've never heard anything negative about him from the women that I work with. Ever.

Wow. Do you guys really believe that women don't like nice men? Maybe younger women who haven't figured out that in the end, it's the nice guy that counts. But I think that when you've dated enough jerks, you are attracted to nice guys. I'm not saying that each and every guy that you are attracted to is going to be some wimp, but women do like nice men and you are mistaken if you don't at least consider that.

Look, I'm not going to come off as some b*tch if that's not how I feel. Can I avoid someone? Can I be a bit less available? Yes. But I won't deny my personality or pretend to be rude or stuck up or anything else simply to gain someone's attention. That would take up so much energy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're really an a$$, good for you. But to try to be one for the sole purpose of trying to attract someone is crazy.

I'm not here to disrespect anyone or to attack anyone's opinion. I'm sorry if you are threatened in that way, it's not my intention. If I didn't appreciate men or their point of view, I wouldn't be confessing these thoughts to you. If you feel that it is necessary to attack me or to label me when you don't even know me, that's fine. But I think you are maybe missing great opportunities to hear from a woman about women.

cece

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost,

Either you're impotent, lacking (you know what I mean), or so ugly you don't have to worry about the first two.

Let me explain something to you little man - I do not need a man for money. I'm not sitting on my a$$ waiting for someone to fulfill me financially. In fact, if you must know, I am quite well-off financially on my own. And when I say that I mean that I have more money than his does, without question. You asked earlier what kind of car he drove, as if that would really impress a woman - come on!! (And by the way, he drives neither of the four options you suggested - I drive a BMW).

I suppose that viewing women as creatures who only want successful, rich, extremely handsome men makes it easier for someone like you to feel better about all the women that must be passing you up. Since I'm sure you meet NONE of those qualifications it must be of some comfort to believe that.

There are people in this life (as you may grow up to discover) who genuinely like people because of other reasons than those you have listed as criteria. Now - if trying to insult me makes you feel like the man that you are so desperately trying to portray, so be it. I do not need to work, I do it because I actually enjoy what I'm doing. I am also in school because I enjoy the mental challenge and revel in the chance to continue to gain knowledge. I never claimed that this guy was ugly. He is just not my usual "type" as far as looks. A virgin? Please. I know that this is a lot for you to wrap your little mind around, but it's the truth.

Could it be that there are successful women in this world that are financially independent, educated, attractive, but remain a bit confused about men? Are all of you a bunch of losers trying to figure us out? Or are there attractive, successful, ambitious men out there who are a bit confused themselves? I think we both know the answer to that.

cece

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by c-do
So you think you've got me figured out and that I like this guy because he's a DJ? You're wrong. I'll tell you what honestly attracted me to this guy. For one, he is not the stereotypical midwestern boy - he's not from around here, so that stood out immediately. Secondly, he's incredibly polite to everyone and does not come off as ****y in any way. Third, he seems to really enjoy what he does and approaches people in a way that exudes warmth. He does not do anything to draw attention to himself or to "stand out". Also, although I recently heard that women think he's a player, there has never been any incident that I've witnessed that would make me say that. All of these things were things I noticed for the two months that I observed him before even talking with him on a personal level. Women talk - and I've never heard anything negative about him from the women that I work with. Ever.

cece
By this paragraph alone, he's a DJ in my book. He's unique, positive, gentlemany, cordial, and according to your third point, he's got a passion for something other than women. He keeps his personal life to himself. And by word of mouth, he got a good reputation from other women. You basically have a crush on a DJ.

Mind you, when we people on the forum talk about "nice guys," we don't mean people who are polite and well-mannered. We are talking about guys who supplicate, who worship women, who let women walk all over them. These are the types of guys who most women do not like and is our general definition of a nice guy. I hope that clears some misunderstanding out (if any).

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oddtech,

I am not saying that he's not a DJ. In fact, it seems that he may very well be. I hope you understand where I'm coming from though. Not every DJ has to be a flaming a$$hole, right?

I appreciate most of the replies I've received. I believe that my initial query was more about how to recover from a complete **ck up with the whole phone number thing. Somewhere along the line, my character has become a target?? That's just crazy (and I'm not saying that you have said anything rude to me).

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YES i agree with OddTech

Quote:
" He's unique, positive, gentlemany, cordial, and according to your third point, he's got a passion for something other than women. He keeps his personal life to himself. And by word of mouth, he got a good reputation from other women. I don't see how that is NOT a DJ. "

**SHE IS TALKING ******** ON OUR FORUM**

c-do i would maybe respect you if you were not :

1. contradicting yourself on the forum
2. trying to take a fellow DJ down
3. encouraging AFC behaviour by saying women like nice guys
4. Not saying the occupation of the victim ( doctor )
5. you keep saying how HOT you are ;)
6. it is making me HOT thinking you are so HOT and unloved
7. You won't let me drive your BMW
8. You wont tell us what car he drives
9. you are acting like an AFC and the game continues
10. women can't be stalkers only men can be ! *hint*

Lost In Translation

“ But if a ho wants to just be friends then don't waste your time. And I'm a debase character so your hooking up with her friend in front of her was sweet to my ears. “

c-do

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost,

Where exactly have a gone on and on about how HOT I am? Please be so kind to point this out as you enjoy pasting my quotes.

Yes, he is a doctor. However, is only a resident which means he doesn't make **** for money and won't for about another 5-10 years (after finishing his residency and fellowship - let's not forget all of his student loans either). So the sad truth is that it's not a money thing - sorry to dissapoint you. I do not know for sure what kind of car he drives, so I guess I'm not that great of a stalker. I do know that it is a VW of some sort only because he pulled his key out of his pocket once. Pretty impressive, huh? You can see why I'm all over him, no doubt.

As far as contradicting myself? How am I contradicting myself by admitting that I am confused? How am I acting like an AFC? I'm not trying to be a player. And what exactly does "taking down" a DJ entail? Really...

And by the way, sorry to dissapoint you again, but there are women out here who like nice guys. Guess you're outta luck there. But since you tend to believe that women love a$$holes, there may be a silver lining to your cloud.

cece

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
" Where exactly have a gone on and on about how HOT I am? Please be so kind to point this out as you enjoy pasting my quotes. "

alright chicky babe just for you ;)

Quote:
" I don't doubt that he's attracted to my physically, I am an extremely attractive woman. "

**EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE = HB9**

Quote:
" I would like to think that I'm a great catch. "

Quote:
" He's no more handsome or successful than anyone else I've ever dated - I don't know what it is about him that affects me so differently. In fact, he's a lot more quiet and less assuming (as well as less attractive) than they guys I usually go out with. "

**THIS IS THE MENTALITY OF A HB9**

**I AM SO PRETTY HOW CAN HE NOT LIKE ME?**

Quote:
" But I don't want to use my sexuality as a draw in the sense that I don't just want him for sex "

**A FAT / UGLY CHICK COULDN'T DRAW A DRUNK WHALE IN FOR SEX.... MAYBE A REALLY DRUNK ONE**

Quote:
" So you can imagine what most of the girls around here look like - blonde or at least highlighted hair, SKINNY with no ass - just super anglo. I'm not from around these parts and am very different from the usual. "

**WELL AREN'T YOU JUST LIKE JENNIFER LOPEZ WITH YOUR BIG BOOTY ;)**

......................................................................................
ok now for the pimp slap get ready c-do :D
......................................................................................

Quote:
" Yes, he is a doctor. "

**TRY AND HIDE YOUR GAME FROM US DJ's PLAYA PLEEEZ !**

if you were more HONEST and open with what your real motives and intentions are concerning the young GEORGE CLOONEY OF E.R i might not feel the need to dissect your posts and expose you for the man trap you are

Quote:
" And by the way, sorry to dissapoint you again, but there are women out here who like nice guys. Guess you're outta luck there. But since you tend to believe that women love a$$holes, there may be a silver lining to your cloud. "

**WRONG**

**WOMEN DON'T LIKE NICE GUYS**

**WOMEN LIKE MEN**

Lost In Translation

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi c-do..

welcome to the board...
i find it interesting when the opposite sex by chance stumbles upon this site.. they always have valuable things to say! Your posts have been insightful and re-confirm the 2-way game that is happening everyday!

With regards to your situation:
Look I don't think volunteering him your number has lost it for you...chill out....in the scheme of things it means nothing..

Now if you really want this guy do the following: (I give you tips from my experience of a girl who seduced and played me big time! :mad: )

1) set the record set...TAKE THE BALL AWAY FROM HIS COURT -->

eg: laugh it off and tell him "you know when I told you I liked you....you reminded me of <insert friend's name who passed away in a tragic accident>..."

Do something to turn the tables around!...even if its lame......HE WILL BUY IT ..trust me....

2) create opportunities to be with him as often as you can....

This is very important you need to have interactions with this guy often....

msg him/call him ..don't be affraid....guys love hanging out with chicks....do it under the disguise that you are just casual friends/work buddies...
use DISGUISE DISGUISE DISGUISE..

if you can't do this atleast try and hang out with him and make such opportunities at work

3) when with him.. relax be yourself...be confident ... be fun and cool to hang out with.....kino him a bit ...flirt with him a bit...
SHOW HIM YOUR POSITIVE QUALITIES ...

TALK TO HIM ABOUT MARRIAGE AND FUTURE ... tell him "yeah I am just trying to find the right guy to settle down with" ......"i think i'd make a good wife"....."i really want to get married and find my soul mate"
:)rolleyes: even pimps fall for this sh!t )

compliment him heaps....make him go red in the face....

Also ask him what are his plans,.. does he have a girlfriend...has he found anyone yet.....

CONCLUSION:
notice a pattern in my advice?
It all about making him think about you....making him guess whether you like him or not

he'll be thinking "oh she said I was cute.....but does this necessarily mean she likes me?"

Its amazing the amount of games one can play like this....

just don't come out with the truth that you are smitten for him until he tells you he is smitten for you!

But do everything that would make it seem you are smitten for him....again DON'T EVER EVER TELL HIM!!!

You said you are nervous when with him and lose your cool....look you have to dig deep here.....if you want him bad.....you better be cool and play game on him.
Use the "wanting him badly" as motivation to be cool and play game on him!

I am confident the above formula will take most DJ's down! (just don't tell all your girlfriends this for the benefit of our DJ community...hahaha ;) )

GOOD LUCK!

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll chime in, can't resist :)

c-do, you have said a couple of times that "you know he's attracted to you". i won't bother finding the quotes. how do you know this? could it possibly be that he actually ISN'T? i don't think you've considered this. get over yourself.

i'm telling y'all, and other older DJs have said it before, myself, PRL, Player, Westcoaster... over the last couple of decades women have become totally twisted, by the media and feminism. women expect men to grovel, sinvel, and acquiese (Friends and Fraser, for example--two of the most popular shows of the decade).

then comes along a man who doesn't and c-do gets all wet over it... "golly gee, how could he NOT be attracted to me? every guy is attracted to ME? ME...ME...ME...how come he didn't call ME...? but he touches ME...he MUST like ME..." HA!

c-do googles the net for "man" advice, etc.... the reason why you have oneitis with this man is probably due to the fact that he doesn't want you! it's driving you crazy. he's in your head. you're pre-qualifying YOURSELF to him. he's driven you here of all places. I LOVE IT! :) :)

and your little "trick" (yes, it WAS a trick, whether you realize it our not) about taking him aside to explain to him that you weren't upset that he didn't call? of course you were upset about it! DER! admit it, this WAS a trick! he didn't bite on it. he's throwing you off even more!

Quote:
" He's unique, positive, gentlemany, cordial, and according to your third point, he's got a passion for something other than women. He keeps his personal life to himself. And by word of mouth, he got a good reputation from other women. I don't see how that is NOT a DJ. "

yes, in a nutshell, THAT is what a DJ is. this is a fantastic lesson for the would be DJs out there!

note to this particular John Doe DJ: KEEP IT UP BRO...YOU'RE DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS...YOU'VE GOT C-DO'S PANTIES ALL WET...SHE'S YOUR'S TO LOSE...

i'm not hating on ya, you seem like you're pretty together. this is just a great illustration of how it should be, from a man's perspective. women are feeling creatures, they love and crave drama, and the men who provide it for them. you even said that he isn't "that" attractive, physically. LOVIN' IT!

let me throw some gasoline on your panty fire: i think that this guy may actually really like you! he's fukking with you--THE RIGHT WAY! he's doing all the right things to make YOU want HIM!

I T' S W O R K I N G!

BUT...i'm feeling that this guy is a newly RACF. you said he asks a lot of women out, gets a lot of numbers, but doesn't date that much? this is the natural progression of an RAFC. he's on the right track. if this is that case, he has probably raised his standards, he probably wants to make up for lost time, he probably wants to fukk a lot of chicks. this is good. kudos, Mr. John Doe!

some more gasoline that will set you ablaze: what are you going to do if you see him with another woman--a woman whom you know he's dating, and fukking? a woman who got the man that you want? a woman whom you think is less "pretty" than you? ooohhhh, that would be a great move for this guy, wouldn't it, boyz? WHAHAHAHA....

the best things in life are the things that are hard to get.

just messing with you, but this is a great thread!

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A totally different possibility

Here's a totally different possibility ... you might be very attractive, but not particularly attractive to him.

Everybody is different. There are a lot of gals who most guys would consider quite ordinary "girl next door" types who turn me on more than a lot of "super hot" models who are on the covers of magazines. It could be one of many things -- not necessarlily related to appearance, style, intelligence, or any of the usual hypotheses. Attraction is not always a logical or consistent thing for men, either. By and large, this is a good thing, IMNSHO.

What kind of a vibe do you get from him?

A woman giving me her number without my asking for it has never turned me off, though I have heard that many men do not like to have a woman take the lead. I'm personally more logical about it than that, and welcome it. I wouldn't refuse if someone offered to deposit a million dollars into my bank account, either.

In other words, my theory on challenge is that being a bit of a challenge -- but not too much of a challenge -- tends to increase attraction when it's already there, but the converse is not true: being readily available -- as long as one is not an out-and-out pest -- usually won't kill attraction.

Hate to say this, but it looks like you're just dealing with a fellow who's not as interested in you as you are in him.

DJs: you can learn a lot by reading this thread.

BTW, Lost in Translation, it's not very DJ-like to start dissing a woman who sincerely asks for advice; nor do I see it as "trying to take a DJ down." A true DJ cannot be "taken down" in such a way, in any case. Chill, man.