"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Initiating eye contact?

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I have read many posts and articles on this site about first making eye contact with a girl, seeing if she smiles or whatever, before you approach.

Well, here's the problem - anywhere I go, I try to make eye contact with girls, but none of them even look at me. This is everywhere - walking in the street, at uni and at clubs I go to. I'm not the best looking guy in the world, but I wouldn't consider myself especially ugly. But girls just won't make eye contact with me, so an initial approach is very difficult.

When I'm in a club this is especially the case, as my 2 best mates I usually go with are very good looking, and get lots of girls staring at them, its like I'm invisible! Even when we see girls we've known from before, they will talk to my friends and ignore me! It's literally like I'm not there. I'm quite shy anyway, and can never think of anything to say to enter these conversations.

Is there anything I can do to make myself more noticeable in clubs, so some girls might actually look at me??!! I feel like a ghost!!!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

carbani

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
It's really not about your look. It's about the posture!

I noticed that I get more eye contact when I just don't care. When I say to myself: "Oh, **** it, today I won't care" and dress worse than everyday I most often get EC. That's because of confidence I get.

Do this: stand up and imagine that you've got a cape behind you. You know - a one like those that kings wear. Now walk over your room with that cape! Go outside and take a walk with that cape. That helped me a lot :)

The other thing - when you notice a girl. Look at her! Not to get EC, but to admire how great she looks. Take your time, marvel her beauty. That will make you feel good, that will make her feel good, even if there will be no EC.
 

Spyderguard

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Posture is definitely important, but I've also found that there's a bit of a supernatural element to this as well. Next time you walk into a club (or anywhere for that matter), go in totally believing that you're some rock star. I believe everybody has a sort of sixth sense, and your energy will somehow get people's attention. There's something about your "presence" when you believe strongly enough how VIP you are. So purge that "I'm a ghost" mentality because it'll become self-fulfilling.

Look "about" rather than "at" things - always calmly scanning the enviroment instead of fixating too much on things. When you purposely look past a really hot babe and act like there's something else a lot more interesting somewhere near them, they will usually try to bring your attention to themselves. Often times, this leads to the girl trying to establish EC with you, and all you have to do is look back (and maybe give a little smirk).
 

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
490
Reaction score
6
Age
47
act as though it were impossible to fail. look em in the eye fully expecting them to look back AND smile. have the same attitude you take when teaching a dog to stay. you tell it stay and walk away fully expecting it to be there.
 

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Originally posted by drmeathead
act as though it were impossible to fail. look em in the eye fully expecting them to look back AND smile.
Ye, I do this, but no girls ever look back

The other thing - when you notice a girl. Look at her! Not to get EC, but to admire how great she looks. Take your time, marvel her beauty. That will make you feel good, that will make her feel good, even if there will be no EC.
This doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel worse because a girl won't even acknowledge me!

When you purposely look past a really hot babe and act like there's something else a lot more interesting somewhere near them, they will usually try to bring your attention to themselves.
Yes but they have to notice that me for this to work - no girls ever do! When there are other people giving them attention, then why would they care if I'm not?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Spyderguard

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by lloyd_bank$
Yes but they have to notice that me for this to work - no girls ever do! When there are other people giving them attention, then why would they care if I'm not?
I think how you dress also has a lot to do with the initial attention grabbing. Accessorizing a bit might actually help you get your foot in the door. Wear something catchy and cool, but make sure it's congruent with your overall personality - i.e. you don't want to look pretentious.
 
Top