Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ingrown toenails - toe numbness

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed lately that my big toe on my right foot is becoming numb. I did some research on my own and this is apparently a, "severe symptom" according to some sites. Before I run off to the doctor over what a homemade site tells me, I'd like to know if anyone here has experience with ingrown nails.

For those that have, is the numbness standard?

Any tips for removing the nail?

Reaction score
Hey dude, I have some experience with ingrown toenails and have removed a lot of them..

It would be a lot easier if I could see it.. Could you shoot me a picture of it over email? If so I can PM you my email address..

Generally they tend to start from wearing some type of new boot or shoe and the nail literally grows in underneath the skin around the cuticle. It is best treated early by cutting the nails straight across and not rounding them.

What you need to be most concerned about is the risk of a Fungal Infection turning into a Bacterial strain of Cellulitis, generally Staphaures aka Staph.

I don't recommend removing the nail yourself. I would definitely recommend heading to the ER and letting them do what's called a "digital block" which numbs the entire toe so they can cut the nail off or cut the infected portion off.

Let me know if you can send me a picture..

Doc

Don Esco

Reaction score
Dude i been through that twice just go to the doctor and tell them to remove it. It won't take more than 45 minutes yeah it hurts like hell after the procedure but its better than having it there ruining you day every day, just go take it out ASAP, don't wait 3 months like me.

pvf94

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well buddy, I have had both of my big toes operated on. I had an ingrown toenail I could live with on my own for a few months, removed it a piece at a time through tears and sweat from the pain. What I didnt know is that it could only get worse as it grew further and further into my toe.....whenever I thought I had cut it out little to my knowledge it was still lodged DEEP below the nail and on the side. Finally went to the foot doctor.

They freeze it with a spray, stick ya with a needle on either side of your toe, you dont feel anything but pressure. The toe settles for a few minutes while it gets numb....the doc pokes it with a sharp part of one of his utensils....squeezes your toe fairly hard to see if you hurt. If that doesnt hurt, he scoops in with some scissor like objects and clips it off. He even did the other side of the toe for free. Wraps it up and sends ya home, pain meds probably Tylenol 3 is what you get.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
see the doctor. she can tell you how severe it really is, and recommend an appropriate course of action given how far you've let it go.

Alannasmom2011

Reaction score
Sacred

I recently and still have an ingrown toenail and and it is infected. It also feela tingly. I went to the er this morning they cut out the side toenail. She numbed it and did that and sent me home with an antibiotic for the infection and Tylenol 3 for pain. It's starting to scare me ... Help!!