"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

****ing Oneitis rears its ugly head

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Does anyone every get oneitis really bad? I have noticed the beginning stages twice in the past week. It just seems like I get very easily attached to girls.

First, I went on a date Saturday night with a cousin of one of my friend's girlfriend. We had dinner. After the date was over and I was driving home I was surprised how much I missed her and thought about her. Today, I asked a girl in my ROTC class on a date (she said her sister was coming over that night, which I believe). I was cool about, but later I couldn't get over how much I was swooning for her.

Does this **** ever happen to anyone else? Its like I get too ****ing attached. I realize the danger in it and try to control it, but I still can't get over how easily I give my heart to some girls.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
CANADA, EH?
Hmm, yah, i know what you're talking about. These girls eh...

What i usually do is give myself a break, like a day at least so i can recompose my head, get it on straight. There's nothing wrong with getting attatched imho, just not getting obsessed, that's the key. If it's happening after one date, these chicks must be pretty intense.

Try to control yourself. When you feel a thought hit you, take a deep breath and clear it out. go to the gym, do some pushups, whatever. Keep yourself occupied

Just remember the 4-c's: Calm, confident, classy, and comfort.
 

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Originally posted by johnny_chase
Hmm, yah, i know what you're talking about. These girls eh...

What i usually do is give myself a break, like a day at least so i can recompose my head, get it on straight. There's nothing wrong with getting attatched imho, just not getting obsessed, that's the key. If it's happening after one date, these chicks must be pretty intense.

Try to control yourself. When you feel a thought hit you, take a deep breath and clear it out. go to the gym, do some pushups, whatever. Keep yourself occupied

Just remember the 4-c's: Calm, confident, classy, and comfort.
No man, thats just the thing, they're not very intense. Granted, they are both very nice and attractive girls, but the world does not turn for them.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Broham

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
230
Reaction score
2
Location
Red Sox Nation
For me personally, I don't get full-fledged oneitis anymore thank God. What does happen to me, though, is that I get very impatient when things aren't going my way. This usually means I'm not getting into bed with the girl fast enough, so I begin to question my moves instead of hers. I like to think I'm doing everything perfectly so I get a perfect result. Unfortunately, I sometimes end up getting burned. I think alot of guys here are in my boat, they don't necessarily get obsessed with a particular girl, but instead with their own actions. I also tend to get pissed easily when a girl flakes, not b/c "she's this wonderful goddess", but b/c I've worked so hard to improve my game and that pullling in ho's should be easy. Best advice to give: Don't be like me, be patient. I'm done ranting.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by Wubbman
**** me....
Did that help you pull yourself together?
 

Bilogomja

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
yea, dont worry, s*** happens, every guy gets some form of attatchment to some chicks. To neutralize it you have to do it slowly, when you see a girl you want you gotta realize theres other chicks out there and that every chick is replaceable, not irreplaceable.

heres a good tip on oneitis, its pretty much the same thing I said but goes more indepth...

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59160

good luck
 

Wubbman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Did that help you pull yourself together?
Yes, but I saw a lot of my own tendancies in that post and becoming obssesed with a girl is something I definately want to do without.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by Wubbman
Yes, but I saw a lot of my own tendancies in that post and becoming obssesed with a girl is something I definately want to do without.
Print that list out and keep it on the wall beside your bed or wherever it is you are most likely to start obsessing over a girl...and read it often.

A lot of the newer guys who come to this site sound much like the description in the list. The first step to overcoming those tendencies is to recognize them and catch yourself when you start to do those things.

I'm glad it helped...
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

eecumstains

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
i tend to fall hard and fast

i think it is genetic in some people and in the old days would have been a good survival trait

-- you could form strong bonds easily leading to more stable family structures and a better environ to raise children

now, however, it blows up in your face

just recognize and learn to slow down when you feel it coming on
 
Top