Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Indication of Interest?

TheTurtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
From a really inexperienced guy, I need y'all's input....

Coming home from work today, a girl held the door for me for longer than the customary second or two. After I said "thank you", she quipped "I figure we leave together sometimes (for work in the morning), we might as well go home together."

Is she open/receptive or just polite and a little witty? I have an idea for a line the next time our paths cross but a little insight would be appreciated.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She’s polite and witty.....for now, anyways. Could it turn into semi-interest? It’s possible. I wouldn’t mess with any witty lines right now, just see if you can open the door for her next time and then say something like “guess I owe you one since you got me the other day”. Hopefully she will give you an answer you can work with from there, but if it’s just a simple thank you then don’t pursue.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Coming home from work today, a girl held the door for me for longer than the customary second or two. After I said "thank you", she quipped "I figure we leave together sometimes (for work in the morning), we might as well go home together."

Is she open/receptive or just polite and a little witty? I have an idea for a line the next time our paths cross but a little insight would be appreciated.
Dude.... You should had said, maybe, but let's get a drink first. What day works for you? Next time, this is what you'd do. Guaranteed drinks. You need to be witty and on your feet. Bold too.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl likes you and she initiated, watch if the frequency of how many times she'll be in proximity with you, the girl who's interested will try to be close to you as long she got a chance. Be polite ask her to join you for get together.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guys is just holding a damn door, at most just to break the ice, be friendly and see what happens overtime

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I´m with @RickTheToad on this one. Don´t get yourself friendzoned. How is that saying? Strike while the iron is hot or somethin

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a possibility of interest, depending on how you play it.

She's not afraid to talk to you or crack a joke, there's comfort there already

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the obsession with dating girls at work around here? Get your asses out and find your women elsewhere. It's just lazy and plain dumb to pursue women at work, especially in this day and age.

ETA: Nevermind, I see now that it's outside of work. In this case, it MAY be an indicator of interest, and she gave you an 'in', but you failed to take it. So her IL is now lower than it was before, but that may not matter anyway. I'd escalate the next time you see her. Don't hesitate, because one she will lose interest, and two you'll start getting one-itis over a chick you don't even know.

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
Explore it a bit. Seems like you see her semi-regularly and she is pushing it forward for you. Hard to tell what's going on without more context.

Ignore virginic comments like: "you have to ask her out on the spot!" If I had to stop 15 minutes to set up a date every time this happened, I would never get anything done. At the very least I'd be late for everything.

Enjoy the compliment (if it was one). If it was a compliment, she sees you as high value. If you are high value, she will remain "hot" for you the next time she sees you.

Girls tell me regularly that they are "looking for me" but can't find me because my social media is so sparse they can't stalk me IRL.

This focus on technique, demanding you be hyper vigilant is all silly. If you are high value, you are high value, period. There is a certain line of demarcation which places you in a certain category, apart from others. It's kind of an invisible line, a small circle of privilege. Over time, you will recognize whether you are in it or not.

If you fall all over yourself trying to get a date at the first drop of a hat, you take the risk of disqualifying yourself as a desperate fool. If you see each other semi-regularly, there is a chance to build up a bit of sexual tension, friendly public flirting that can lead to more.

The guys who demand you follow certain strict rules are sexually inexperienced. They haven't developed any social intuition so they have to rely on "rules." Interactions with women are highly variable and unpredictable. I think rules are fine to start out with, but if you use 3, why not 4, or 5 or 10 or 20. It's impossible to keep track of them all. But you can go by feel and experience.

After a while, you'll develop an intuition about these things, and that comes with more experience.

tl, dr: you need to approach more women due to lack of experience.

I´m with @RickTheToad on this one. Don´t get yourself friendzoned. How is that saying? Strike while the iron is hot or somethin
The reality is, if you are high value, you remain high value. You don't drop to low value status if you don't pounce on a woman the first time she makes a flirty comment. The iron gets hot because I AM hot.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Explore it a bit. Seems like you see her semi-regularly and she is pushing it forward for you. Hard to tell what's going on without more context.

Ignore virginic comments like: "you have to ask her out on the spot!" If I had to stop 15 minutes to set up a date every time this happened, I would never get anything done. At the very least I'd be late for everything.

Enjoy the compliment (if it was one). If it was a compliment, she sees you as high value. If you are high value, she will remain "hot" for you the next time she sees you.

Girls tell me regularly that they are "looking for me" but can't find me because my social media is so sparse they can't stalk me IRL.

This focus on technique, demanding you be hyper vigilant is all silly. If you are high value, you are high value, period. There is a certain line of demarcation which places you in a certain category, apart from others. It's kind of an invisible line, a small circle of privilege. Over time, you will recognize whether you are in it or not.

If you fall all over yourself trying to get a date at the first drop of a hat, you take the risk of disqualifying yourself as a desperate fool. If you see each other semi-regularly, there is a chance to build up a bit of sexual tension, friendly public flirting that can lead to more.

The guys who demand you follow certain strict rules are sexually inexperienced. They haven't developed any social intuition so they have to rely on "rules." Interactions with women are highly variable and unpredictable. I think rules are fine to start out with, but if you use 3, why not 4, or 5 or 10 or 20. It's impossible to keep track of them all. But you can go by feel and experience.

After a while, you'll develop an intuition about these things, and that comes with more experience.

tl, dr: you need to approach more women due to lack of experience.

The reality is, if you are high value, you remain high value. You don't drop to low value status if you don't pounce on a woman the first time she makes a flirty comment. The iron gets hot because I AM hot.
Intuition

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You clearly have no options otherwise, workplace women are avoid at all cost. Material. Its plain lazy

allancc3

Banned
Reaction score
You clearly have no options otherwise, workplace women are avoid at all cost. Material. Its plain lazy
It depends on the type of job. If it's a college job or low level job with no real career track, the risk is effectively zero.

If it's a position of authority and/or career track position, the risk is higher; the more money and responsibility involved, the higher the stakes.

Having said that, workplace relationships and affairs are commonplace. It's only the real nightmares like megyn kelly that make the risk appear to be astronomical when it's really not.

TheTurtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
For clarification: This was NOT at work. This was outside my building. Totally agree with the sentiment to avoid chicks AT work. I'm new to this but not so new that I would dip my pen in the company ink.

For the record, I supervise 6-8 people and the job is my career.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the type of job. If it's a college job or low level job with no real career track, the risk is effectively zero.
I do it but, my game isn't wack. Most are idolise some skank single mom. As gir college, yes, its throwaway but, your rep as well as false accusations is not worth it.

If it's a position of authority and/or career track position, the risk is higher; the more money and responsibility involved, the higher the stakes.

Having said that, workplace relationships and affairs are commonplace. It's only the real nightmares like megyn kelly that make the risk appear to be astronomical when it's really not.
I've lost count of the fallout in the said predicaments. Again, I will do just cause. Modt fo it simping.