"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Independence: it's all about you!

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
I am a FREE MAN!
We cry, howling the words into the darkness of the void of the screen that is the internet. "I am free of my AFC shackles, free to become the man I was destined to be, the Don Juan! Pronounced Hoowan! Yes world, I am READY FOR LIFE!

Cue dramatic "bada bada badum", fireworks, and a quartet of scantily clad ladies playing their harps to a shrill finale, while the big man at the back orchestrates the moment.

Ahem. We are in highschool gentlemen, apart from you wierdos in uni that still hang around here;).
The other day I was ill and bored so I thought myself into the mind experiment of not careing what other people think. By the way I'm now getting better from being ill and I'm on steroids! Fan-****ing-tastic!

I found out that it was a lot harder than I thought! Christ, this key to being your own man and so on and so forth had been swept from under my nose! Don't get me wrong, I really shouldn't care what other people think, hell I have scant evidence that they even exist, let alone that their opinions should have any effect on me, but I found a problem.

The problem did not lie in my peers. I think I am pretty much past giving a **** on that front, this coming from a man who wore a skirt to an art lesson for highly dubious reasons. No, the problem comes from- MY FAMILY.

Why? Because they pay for my shelter and food! And my beer when I ask nicely! If they think I'm a detached little **** (I've heard worse descriptions of myself I guess...) they will remove my food and beer and house! Jesus! I've entered into a whole social economic settlement without my knowledge (terms and conditions apply)!

To be fair, I am a pretty independent person. I get myself places, I cook for myself a fair bit, I sort out my own problems, but for me to say that I am an independent, Don Hoowan, "live-life-by-my-own-rules", mad Jedi skillz kinda guy just seems kind of...silly now.

Still, as we all know, High school is pretty much a joke. In the words of Roger Dodger: "Don't worry guys, in 10 years you won't even remember what this place looks like". In high school, you're not ready to go all independent, society drip feeds independence to you like pumping a frog full of whipped cream. If you do it too quickly you make a mess I guess.

This does not mean that high school is an opportunity to sponge off your parents. Get some independence into your lives! Cook for yourself (yes, men cook, or we'd starve), use public transport and learn to drive sooner, rather than later. Pull your end of the **** you create at home, dirty clothes, dishes, anything, just try to at least pull your weight. It makes me laugh how many people go off to university, some not knowling even how to boil an egg!

It should be obvious to you, but when a girl comes over your place it is a lot more "Don Hoowan" to cook something that tastes good for her, and do stuff for her where you are the one doing it. Christ, I know guys who have a girl over and get their mums to cook stuff up for them, then go down the road to get a movie for them, and then clean up after them both. Hell, why don't you just get your mum to **** her too? Then you wouldn't have to get off your fat lazy ass at all....****....

So, get some independence. It's sexy, and it sets you up nicely for your showing of what it really is to be a man- not when you show independence, but when you show that and are able to care for others too, be it your girl, your ageing parents, or your children, and still keep yourself at the center of things. Go work on your skills kids, not just your football passing and "neg hits".
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
nice motivational post, now all i need is one to make me revise :)
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Nice!
 

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,244
Reaction score
11
Location
.
Great post!

Funny and inspirational.

Also guys, learn to wash your own clothes and bedsheets. Just remember, eventually, you have to head out into the world on your own and you will be looking after yourself. ;)
 
Top