Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Incoming crisis. Worldwide turmoils... no politics please.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, Wellcome!

I came up to this collection of end-of-wolrd scenarios site.

There are all kinds of theories and settings...

But the most interesting scenario of them all, or at least the scariest, is the Oil Peak.

Here's the link:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~mke/exitmundi.htm
You can find the Oil Peak in science section.

The thing makes it scary is that it will happen and within couple of years or a decade...

Comments? :D
(Keep it unpolitical, please.)

EDIT: The oil peak is nothing new but I didn't realise the problem was this big and would affect this much.

Last edited:

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The sun goes supernova. All life forms wiped out. Humanity survives since we've already colonised most of the nearby systems. The new human capital is on Alpha Centauri. Then Alpha Centauri B explodes and kills everyone.

Or else we declare war on an alien race and get wiped out.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
Y2K didn't happen. We didn't blow the world up in the cold war. We don't have cities on the moon. Disease hasn't wiped us off of the face of the earth.

People don't always get it right, even when it looks like the numbers back them up 100%.
Yeah, that's sad. :(

Well, I still have my hopes up since the oil crisis has way more base than "OMG what happens when my two digit watch goes to zero??""

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The oil crisis won't be a crisis because by the time we run out (and no, crackpot amateurs aren't as accurate as multi-billion dollar scientific analytical companies and departments), we'll have a replacement.

I still find it hard to believe in any doomsday scenario. Most of them are spouted by either random people, or conspiracy theorists. Now if an entire scientific research department or facility confirmed it, that might hold some basis.

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
the above poster is so right. we have at least another 15 to 20 years left of oil, and probably hundreds of years of coal left. not to mention how useful natural gas is becomming. hybrids are ruling now, and this is only happening recently because our batteries are getting much better. if we keep working on our batteries, we may be able to have purely electric vehicles on world highways one day. whoever finds the new source of energy is going to make a LOT of money, and i plan on helping fund them with their stock and the other energy companies of the future to ride to the top with them!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by D'light
the above poster is so right. we have at least another 15 to 20 years left of oil, and probably hundreds of years of coal left. not to mention how useful natural gas is becomming. hybrids are ruling now, and this is only happening recently because our batteries are getting much better. if we keep working on our batteries, we may be able to have purely electric vehicles on world highways one day. whoever finds the new source of energy is going to make a LOT of money, and i plan on helping fund them with their stock and the other energy companies of the future to ride to the top with them!
Yeah, I saw on some magazine some story about the fastest hybrid car there is. I think that's the next step at least with cars.

The site apparently haven't been made dead serious. See the sound effects like zzappp!! there and there.. ;)
It's just funny to read theories like that thing with quantum particles.. You make one mistake trying to get free energy from them and BOOOOMMM!! there goes the universe! :D