In the gym

Flea

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's a good technique for approaching women in a gym or workout room? In my apartment complex we have a nice cozy gym room that I'm in every day. I've seen a couple of women there that I'd like to approach - sometimes there are others in there, sometimes not. Obviously I don't want to interrupt their workouts, but I also want to find some way to initiate a conversation - anyone have any suggestions?

AIR-PILOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey ,you almost done with this?"
"Hey, how many sets do you have left?"

They seem to always work to become "friends". After that feel free to say hi everytime you see them.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gym Tactics

HBs in the gym are attention sponges. The gym is a the acid test for most chicks, they can hold their own and love it or get all bitter at how every guy in the club gazes at the really attractive women and hate going. It's evolutionary competition writ large. I'm in the gym every morning at 5:30am and only the people with real dedication come then. But even still the HB soaks up the attention.

As much of an acid test as it is for a woman, it's equally so for men since everything is in the physical in this environment. The guy with an average body hitting on an HB is at a disadvantage when there are men with above average bodies in the same environment and she's in an attention seeking mentality. The dynamics are different than being in a night club. All of the smoke & mirrors involved are gone; no one is drunk - in fact quite the opposite, you're in an active state (or you should be) of awareness. Your dress is not significant (i.e. you're wearing tennis shoes, not the $100 pair that gets you play in the clubs) and your value is compared in strictly physical terms.
You have to be able to compete in the physical realm to have an impact at the gym. Most guys can't pull this off, which is why I'd advise not attempting to hook up at the gym, but rather, after a work out or using this as an 'in' in another setting - such as meeting her at a club and having your gym as a lead in to attraction/conversation.

That said, if you can compete with above average physiques, you can still use C&F effectively, in fact I'd say it's more potent in the gym since there's almost an expectation from women for a man to be in a state of ****iness when he's doing something physical - a very masculine trait.

I'm in better physical shape than 90% of the guys in my gym. I'm more defined, have more muscle mass, and the guys who don't measure up to my physical presence only supply me with social proof in a physical setting with women. Due to this social proof I have women approach me and ask me for a spot or show me AIs. It's at this point you can neg hit or bust them for things and get their juices flowing. On one occasion I had a chick ask me for a spot "to get past her sticking point" in some dumbell chest presses. She couldn't know I was married since my ring is concealed by my lifting gloves, so she tried some lead-in AI stuff with me, but I remained focused on her performing the lift. I neg hit her in the middle of her sticking points by, demanding she finish the lift and telling her she'd never get past her sticking point if she didn't get more intense. I have no doubt I could've tapped this chick.

Maintaining your distance and involving yourself in your workout is the best way to go about this. Guys that directly hit on girls in the gym are generally blatant and obvious and women are in attention mode anyway. You're only giving them what they're there for by approaching and devaluing your own attention. Make them come to you.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of Job you do Rollo that you Can hit the Gym at 5:30Am and not get tired through out the day?! I get tired very quickly after I hit the gym and too tired to even bother in the early morning.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a gym in my condo complex and have gone to dinner with a couple of the gals I have met working out.

First, its good that you go there regularly. Going there regularly makes you visible, known, and seen. It means that you are there actually working out rather than there on occassion kicking the weights around just so you can hit on women.

The best thing you can do is smile and have a friendly body language. After a good workout, the muscles are swollen, maybe a little stiff, so you walk around like some Frankenstein meathead. Be loose, smle, relax. When you see that woman, here are a couple openers:

*Hi I'm hpnotiq. I see you working out here everytime I'm here...are you stalking me? (C/F)

*Hi I'm hpnotiq. I just moved to the building a couple months ago. I've never seen you here..what's your name?

*Hi I'm hpnotiq. God, I see you here more than me! I'm jealous! What's your name? (C/F)

There are a ton of openers. The easy part about your gym senerio is that you have the luxury of being a part of that community. Its different if it were a gym at the YMCA where there are tons of strangers. But, since the gym is technically located in your HOME community, you can look at yourself as less of a stranger.

And don't just limit yourself to the women you see on your gym. Say hi to your neighbors on the elevator, the people on your floor, the lady getting her mail next to you. The more in contact you make, the less of a stranger you become, and better chance of a date comming out of it.

But personally, I used my neighbors as social proof and women I use to go out on a slow night to get a bite to eat or watch a flick. I don't believe in f*cking women that live in my building. Its more drama than what its worth...trust me.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDAMAGE: I'm the Art Director for a major brand vodka, but it's not my job that puts me on that schedule - it's my 6 y.o. daughter. I go early for a variety of reasons actually. I don't worry about traffic on the freeway at that time, I can always find a parking place at the gym, I don't have to wait for some soccer mom to finish talking with her friends to get to the equipment or area I need, I don't have to see these stupid exercise balls rolling around :rolleyes: . My daughter has to be to school by 8am so my wife is up by 6am anyway, so rather than try to sleep through that I get up and go to the gym earlier than they get up. 3 days a week I double up on my workout and do cardio after work and all it does is serve to remind me why I come in in the morning. At 5pm the place is a zoo of people desperately trying to get in shape in a 30 minute workout.

This is going to sound really conceited, but there's nothng more inspiring than seeing these veal boys, old men and pudgy corporate execs in the locker room and know that I take better care of myself.

I was reading this survey in Money or Forbes or some magazine like that about what these very wealthy men wanted most since money seemed like no object and the #1 response was 'six-pac abs', or a better physique, heheh,.. I'll have a six-pack by June, and I've got a 4 pack now.

God that sounds vain,..heheh

Tyrone Biggums

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Gym Tactics

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Maintaining your distance and involving yourself in your workout is the best way to go about this. Guys that directly hit on girls in the gym are generally blatant and obvious and women are in attention mode anyway. You're only giving them what they're there for by approaching and devaluing your own attention. Make them come to you.
Bump.