Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

In Memorian: Doc Love

Reaction score
I was doing research on YouTube for dating video topics and came across an old Doc Love interview. I've always loved his advice and wanted to see what he was up to these days. Sadly, I found out that he passed away this year, in August 2020.

Surprisingly, I find myself being quite emotional about it.

For those of you who may be younger, many of the older people on these boards were regular readers and listeners of Doc Love's dating advice. In fact, many of the various principles talked about on these boards came from a variety of dating gurus that had "red pill" advice before it was called that, Doc Love being one of the major ones.

When I was struggling with dating in my early 20s, his was the first advice I came across that taught me ideas I viewed as "radical" at the time that would never, ever work with attracting women. Waiting 5 days after a date to call her? Preposterous! Not texting or calling between dates to chat? How could I?? Not accepting "maybe" dates and learning about what a "counter-offer" was? Never heard of such things!

And yet, his principles made a significant impact, not only on my dating life, but on my self-esteem and what it meant to be masculine (without having to be a jerk).

Now, some would argue that some of his principles could seem a little old-fashion. He was always quoting Cary Grant movies, and he tended to lean towards treating women nicer than some of his counter-parts, who would talk about things like neg-hitting and PUA principles. But, as a reforming nice guy, it was good to see that I could still dole out kindness and respectability to women and still attract them, albeit holding back a bit on being too nice too soon and being able to stand up for myself in a respectful way.

Thanks to him, I've been able to have the kind of dating life I never thought possible back in my teens and early 20s. Even to this day, I would still do the occasional listen to his program, do a yearly read-through of his book "The System," and look up old videos of his advice. I even called in to his show once (back in 2008) to ask a question, and being able to speak to him was quite a delight for me.

Anyway... just felt the need to type all that out. He impacted my life and the lives of so many other men in a positive way, and I hope he rests well knowing how helpful his advice and services truly were.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, RIP. The man blazed a trail, and you could probably get all the info you'll ever need from him (with some tweaks of course, for our modern age).

He used to make me chuckle, with that pic of him and his little white lap dog, and his corny movie quotes. But that's the thing, he didn't take any of it too seriously...too many later red pill writers got way too serious.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was doing research on YouTube for dating video topics and came across an old Doc Love interview. I've always loved his advice and wanted to see what he was up to these days. Sadly, I found out that he passed away this year, in August 2020.

Surprisingly, I find myself being quite emotional about it.

For those of you who may be younger, many of the older people on these boards were regular readers and listeners of Doc Love's dating advice. In fact, many of the various principles talked about on these boards came from a variety of dating gurus that had "red pill" advice before it was called that, Doc Love being one of the major ones.

When I was struggling with dating in my early 20s, his was the first advice I came across that taught me ideas I viewed as "radical" at the time that would never, ever work with attracting women. Waiting 5 days after a date to call her? Preposterous! Not texting or calling between dates to chat? How could I?? Not accepting "maybe" dates and learning about what a "counter-offer" was? Never heard of such things!

And yet, his principles made a significant impact, not only on my dating life, but on my self-esteem and what it meant to be masculine (without having to be a jerk).

Now, some would argue that some of his principles could seem a little old-fashion. He was always quoting Cary Grant movies, and he tended to lean towards treating women nicer than some of his counter-parts, who would talk about things like neg-hitting and PUA principles. But, as a reforming nice guy, it was good to see that I could still dole out kindness and respectability to women and still attract them, albeit holding back a bit on being too nice too soon and being able to stand up for myself in a respectful way.

Thanks to him, I've been able to have the kind of dating life I never thought possible back in my teens and early 20s. Even to this day, I would still do the occasional listen to his program, do a yearly read-through of his book "The System," and look up old videos of his advice. I even called in to his show once (back in 2008) to ask a question, and being able to speak to him was quite a delight for me.

Anyway... just felt the need to type all that out. He impacted my life and the lives of so many other men in a positive way, and I hope he rests well knowing how helpful his advice and services truly were.
I think his articles were what helped me find sosuave.. Kudos to you Doc Love...

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everyone loved him.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I first read Doc Love articles as a freshman in college in Fall 2001.

There were elements of "The System" that hold up today, such as being mysterious and being a challenge. I learned from him that any sort of cancellation without a counter-offer is not worth pursuing any further. Others would be considered outdated today. It was probably a quality resource in the 1990s.

"The System" is geared more towards extended relationships than casual sex.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doc Love saved my ass back in the early 2000s. I've written about my experience before so I won't repeat.

He should be on the Mount Rushmore of dating coaches. His 3 bedrock principles are as viable today as they were 20 years ago:
  • Confidence
  • (Self) Control
  • Challenge
If a guy could master these 3 things alone, that's all he'd need.

RIP Doc Love.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The System and his advice column on askmen was like opening Pandora's Box for me. Just imagine every mistake you ever made being laid bare in front of you. He was the only dating coach back in the day I know of that expressed the importance of looks and passing the physical attraction test. Many of the terms used on this site such as interest level and buying signals come from him.

As Doc says "She may not be attracted to you, but at least she'll respect you." Prior to the system I was one of those dolts who would jump through hoops for women while they flaked and gave mixed signals. The System weeds out the bad leads and keeps you from embarrassing yourself. The System renders the friendzoners, time wasters, mixed signalers, gold diggers, and professional daters powerless. You will have the ability to walk away from any woman and give them no closure. As Doc says "goodbye, adios, and sayonara too."

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...this was written by a chick. I got 3/4 through it when I realized. So who cares what she thinks.

Of course a lot of women hate him. Women like to believe "love just happens" and that they would never fall for any of it. They can believe it while us guys run systems and strategies on them(insert hillbilly laugh). Doc advises not take dating advice from women anyway.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course a lot of women hate him. Women like to believe "love just happens" and that they would never fall for any of it. They can believe it while us guys run systems and strategies on them(insert hillbilly laugh). Doc advises not take dating advice from women anyway.