Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

In an LTR: Why do guys degrade themselves when complimenting their gf/wife?...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
I don't get it. I see it every so often, but I wouldn't have even done this when I was an AFC! Why do many guys, when they talk about how great/hot/awesome their gf or wife is, feel the need to degrade themselves, as if it drives the point home any harder? Hey stupid, by degrading yourself, you are degrading your partner too, implying that she settled for terrible old you cuz she couldn't do any better for herself, and you are insulting her taste in a partner.

My opinion is a lot of compliments ain't a bad thing, if you do NOT degrade yourself while giving them. Compliments are SO MUCH MORE well recieved coming from a position of confidence, even ****iness, of being sure of yourself and liking yourself, rather than mixed with talking about your flaws and how crappy you think YOU are. The former makes her feel special; the latter makes her feel pedestalized!!

Seriously, am I the only one who notices this? :confused:
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
A lot of guys claim VERBALLY to be inferior in front of their wives to prop them up, while at the same time ACTING in a very superior manner, so it all balances out.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of guys who miss the ACTING part of it and end up putting themselves down verbally AND through their actions in front of their women. Just guys who don't get it. :eek:
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
They're just needy AFCs who:
1. Put themselves down in hopes to get reassurance telling them that they are better that they really are.
2. Making themselves lesser people in hopes that their GF will take pity on them and take care of them.
3. Setting themselves up so that when they are dumped (and they will be when the woman gets bored of them) that they will have an excuse that they weren't compatible, for whatever reason. And guess what, they would be right!
 

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
537
Reaction score
0
I know what you mean.

It goes something like this:

The guy says "Man, what did I do to get such a hot chick for marriage" etc etc.

I think its better if the guy goes "Man, she must've worked awfully hard to get a guy like me tied down!"
 

PEPE LE PIU

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2002
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
A line that i used a lot is in front of my/her friend's "Don't I have a very pretty woman? Honestly.... Well, I know how to choose women :D "
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top