Improvement can go only so far..

PumpNightmare

Don Juan
Reaction score
/rant
Over the summer I worked out and bought new cloths that fit my right and thought this Fall semester was going to be different. It seems everything is the same as it was before. I wasted to much time reading stuff on this forum and others without really applying anything, besides self improvement part of course.

Maybe it's the fact that I generaly don't like to be around people that much. Sure, I enjoy being around my friends, but after awhile I like to get away from them and be alone. I went on a three day trip a couple weeks ago with some friends, and while I did have fun, generaly found myself wanting to get away at times.

I like to get some intimacy from women like any other guy, but my social akwardness prevents me from doing so. One really extroverted friend of mine tried to help me by taking me to social gatherings I wouldn't otherwise go myself, but eventually he gave up and we went out seperate ways.

At the moment, being twenty-two year old Junior at FSU, I feel like giving up and try to forget about the idea of intimacy with a woman. I've done what I could do to improve except try to sarge women I didn't know, which I can't seem to. Just the thought of it makes my face flush red, heart beat faster, and freeze. Maybe I need to see a therapist. I don't know anymore. I think I'll throw in the towell.
rant/

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One really extroverted friend of mine tried to help me by taking me to social gatherings I wouldn't otherwise go myself, but eventually he gave up and we went out seperate ways.
Why did you go your separate ways? If he was a friend, and extroverted, that's a really good person to learn from. Friends can be really good resources to expand your social boundaries. Do you live on campus? When I was a college student, I commuted, which made it hard sometimes to make friends, as most people who lived there already moved around in their own little social groups, and knew each other well. I always felt like sort of an outsider.

I have social anxiety and am often uncomfortable and awkward around people in general. I also like my alone time. I know few will ever hold such things against me, but it's a different situation when it's a girl whose trying to decide whether or not I'm dating material. In such a case, you can't let her see your awkwardness at all. You have to act cool and smooth all the time around her, and that just isn't natural for me.

I wouldn't worry about the 'sarging' thing right now. I don't think many guys apart from these sites really meet girls that way; it's mostly through friends, or social circles. At this point, I would work on getting more comfortable around people in general. That's why having extroverted friends (or any friends at all) to hang out with regularly can be a help.

Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
PumpNightmare said:
/rant
Over the summer I worked out and bought new cloths that fit my right and thought this Fall semester was going to be different. It seems everything is the same as it was before. I wasted to much time reading stuff on this forum and others without really applying anything, besides self improvement part of course.

rant/
i only read your post to there-inprovment will only go as far as you take it.
if you have not applied anything-why do you expect anything to be diffent?