The following is about a girl who is much older than I am... she is attractive and has some "game," or over all... good people skills. I am not exactly interested in a relationship with her being friends with or without benefits would be no prob. I KNOW that she will have a great time if we hand out... but I am having a hard time getting it across to her. We have suggested to each other that we should hang out but when it comes time for it... at least for the last couple of times, she has some sort of excuse. She has complemented me several times... on how I dress, I have complemented mabe two times tops... When we talk its usually good convo, I throw in CF but I think I may have crossed the line with too much ****y and not enuf of the funny stuff hehe. I need your opinion on if they sound legitimate or not and what I could do next (I have my own opinion on it as well). She doesn't like confrontations... at all... so it could be her just saying yes... in the moment to not go deeper into the issue or her way of not damaging my ego hehe
Basically... it started months ago with her mentioning that she really wanted to go to a animated movie which I thought was totally stupid, I took it as a sign of interest but I suggested a different movie. I think I should have agreed to the movie instead of standing ground. We didn't end up going.
Move to month two, she was talking about being a good dancer, I suggested that we take Salsa together or have her teach me a few basic moves (Can I use that to test jealousy? EX: Show me a few moves so I can dance with a girl I am going on a date with? or would that be a bad move?)
Earlier this month, I asked if she wanted to watch a movie..., which I really wanted to watch. It was on Thursday, I asked that she call me and let me know if she can or cannot go on Saturday. I did not call or confront her about it... reason being that I didn't care *that* much about going with her in particular (please comment if you think otherwise). I think what I did wrong was ask her too much in advance and not call on Saturday to verify the "hangout."
Now we shift to earlier this week... Saturday, I got home, my friends were going out and I called her to see if she wanted to join me. I called, got the answering machine and I didn't leave a msg. On Sunday was a big group meeting and wasn't planning to mention it, cuz I thought it might seem desperate... After the meeting she said she was glad that I came cuz it was snowing and the meeting was important, which is why she didn't answer the phone yesterday, thinking that I was going to make a excuse. I told her that I was calling to see if you wanted to go out. She replied oh, you should have left a msg. (sign of interest? I thought so...)
Come Sunday, I figured I would ask her this last time about the movie and get a definite about the day and time. I said lets go to a movie today, and she thought about it a bit and said what time is it, and I knew "today" won't work out because she had work very early in the morning and the movie was playing late. I looked at the schedule book to see which day I thought would work for me and her (she wasn't around). After about 25mins, I asked when her day off is... she said Tuesday. I said ok, do you wana go then? She said, I can't my mom is visiting me then... I didn't try to arrange a date further than that, thinking that she might think that I am trying to take her out or date her.
This week, I am planning to ask her to hang out for the last time... until she suggests it. There is a party coming up for a friend. Plan is to ask her if she has something going on the same day as the party. If not then, I’ll tell her that she's coming with me... then take some paper and hand it to her, for directions for her house and to be ready by a specific time. I could maybe go as far as tell her that I might have to change at her place (or would that be too much since I haven't hung out with her b4?) IF she says that she has plans... then I plan to give her the old line... "Cancel them; you will have a great time with me."
I don't know if this matters... or mabe you guys can suggest how I could play it to my advantage: She wants to celebrate valenties but doesn't have a date. A girl asked her about it and she (the girl I like) was on my left side. She looked at me, mentioned that she didn't have a date, looked back at the other girl and then back at me and said "I might have to hire one if I don't get one soon." I thought it was a hint... or mabe its wishful thinking.
PS: Does this sound desperate at all, or that I am trying to hard or not trying hard enuf? I look forward to your responses, your opinions will really help me with this matter.
Basically... it started months ago with her mentioning that she really wanted to go to a animated movie which I thought was totally stupid, I took it as a sign of interest but I suggested a different movie. I think I should have agreed to the movie instead of standing ground. We didn't end up going.
Move to month two, she was talking about being a good dancer, I suggested that we take Salsa together or have her teach me a few basic moves (Can I use that to test jealousy? EX: Show me a few moves so I can dance with a girl I am going on a date with? or would that be a bad move?)
Earlier this month, I asked if she wanted to watch a movie..., which I really wanted to watch. It was on Thursday, I asked that she call me and let me know if she can or cannot go on Saturday. I did not call or confront her about it... reason being that I didn't care *that* much about going with her in particular (please comment if you think otherwise). I think what I did wrong was ask her too much in advance and not call on Saturday to verify the "hangout."
Now we shift to earlier this week... Saturday, I got home, my friends were going out and I called her to see if she wanted to join me. I called, got the answering machine and I didn't leave a msg. On Sunday was a big group meeting and wasn't planning to mention it, cuz I thought it might seem desperate... After the meeting she said she was glad that I came cuz it was snowing and the meeting was important, which is why she didn't answer the phone yesterday, thinking that I was going to make a excuse. I told her that I was calling to see if you wanted to go out. She replied oh, you should have left a msg. (sign of interest? I thought so...)
Come Sunday, I figured I would ask her this last time about the movie and get a definite about the day and time. I said lets go to a movie today, and she thought about it a bit and said what time is it, and I knew "today" won't work out because she had work very early in the morning and the movie was playing late. I looked at the schedule book to see which day I thought would work for me and her (she wasn't around). After about 25mins, I asked when her day off is... she said Tuesday. I said ok, do you wana go then? She said, I can't my mom is visiting me then... I didn't try to arrange a date further than that, thinking that she might think that I am trying to take her out or date her.
This week, I am planning to ask her to hang out for the last time... until she suggests it. There is a party coming up for a friend. Plan is to ask her if she has something going on the same day as the party. If not then, I’ll tell her that she's coming with me... then take some paper and hand it to her, for directions for her house and to be ready by a specific time. I could maybe go as far as tell her that I might have to change at her place (or would that be too much since I haven't hung out with her b4?) IF she says that she has plans... then I plan to give her the old line... "Cancel them; you will have a great time with me."
I don't know if this matters... or mabe you guys can suggest how I could play it to my advantage: She wants to celebrate valenties but doesn't have a date. A girl asked her about it and she (the girl I like) was on my left side. She looked at me, mentioned that she didn't have a date, looked back at the other girl and then back at me and said "I might have to hire one if I don't get one soon." I thought it was a hint... or mabe its wishful thinking.
PS: Does this sound desperate at all, or that I am trying to hard or not trying hard enuf? I look forward to your responses, your opinions will really help me with this matter.
Last edited: