Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Immunity to AIDS

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just heard in school something about the Bubonic Plague. It was a virus or something that was widespread in Europe. 1/3 of Europe died because of this plauge. It was called something like the Black ages, I think. So this virus, or whatever it was, did not kill all of its vitctims. The ones that did survive are said to be immune to AIDS. Can you imagine that? If your ancestors survived the Bubonic Plague, as in if they were infected and survived, then YOU ARE IMMUNE TO AIDS. If this is true then why not just have a vaccine?

Last edited:

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've also heard something like this, but it's not nearly as great as it sounds. It's not that everybody who's ancestors survived the plague is immune, but rather that during the plague, some people, who had a random mutation whereby their cells lacked a receptor that the plague used (making them immune to it) survived, and since those without it died in huge numbers natural selection has made this segment a bit larger portion of the population. Something like 14 percent of Swedes are immune to HIV I believe, but this is because of a genetic mutation, not immune resistance in the common sense, so a vaccine could not be based on this (at least not with current technology, maybe genetic engineering will allow scientists to remove these receptors from everyone in the future.)

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a good thing, but I hope every guy doesn't go out saying "Hey my anscestors had black plague maybe I'll go do a hot girl with AIDs."

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think that that is true.....

As with all viruses there are people who had it in their system and have developed an immunity to this virus.

Then there are those who are naturally immune to the current strain of the virus.

There are also Carriers. These are people who do not show symptoms but they infect others.

Then there are those who had it and died from it.

Last edited:

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasnt it the black plague sweeping across Europe?

Anyway I know what youre talking about. About a year or 2 ago i was watching this documentary on PBS and they did research with the genes of the descendant survivors of that plague and found taht they are immune. They followed back into the family tree to trace the ancestral roots. The majority of descendants still remaining in Europe obviously.

If i remember right, they tested the immunity by taking some cell samples from the subject and injected it with a small dosage of AIDS...something like that.

Anyway in the documentary, the ones that did survive the plague had the symptoms of the plague for days or even weeks. But eventually got better and recovered. The ones that werent immune obviously died.

As smoothtalker said, the immunity is based off the cell mutation that lacked the receptors, which disabled aids (and black plague) from multiplying.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
Wasnt it the black plague sweeping across Europe?
yea, black plague (death) is the same as bubonic plague

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know of the black plague, but i didn't know that it had this effect. I'm sure that they'll do some test on what chemicals of the plague helped these people become immune to AIDS.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
YES! My dad was born in Englnad.

That means I don't have to wear Condoms anymore!

...I don't know why you're all so excited. They've been trying to find a cure for aids for a long assed time now.. I'm sure this isn't new news.

And i'm sure as hell not going to attempt to find out if i'm immune to aids.. that won't make me immune from herpees and the like..

Just wear condoms and don't worry about it.

Oh, and don't f*ck monkeys in the *ss.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who is excited? And yes, condoms are #1 choice for me.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by quest

Oh, and don't f*ck monkeys in the *ss.
is that really how AIDS got started?

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theoretically that's how it happend. A hunter was in the jungle and had sex with a chimpanzee (or some monkey) and it began to spread after that. That's what they say happend.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ_in_making
is that really how AIDS got started?
Well, I wasn't there that day. I was on a date. But my best friend WAS there that day.

Basically, there was a bit of an orgy going on in an african safari. Tarzan and Jane were getting it on just off the track, and George of the jungle and his monkey friend were watching from the trees. George got really randy and started masturbating. He snapped a branch as he tried to move closer to tarzan and jane.

Tarzan realised he was being watched, and called out, "Show yourself and you can have sex with Jane if you can provide me a trade." George walked out and said "I have no woman to trade. But I'd like to have sex with Jane."

Georges Monkey came jumped from the tree onto Georges head incase some carnage was to begin. And tarzan Called "Tag me in brother".

Tarzan and George tagged. And the rest was history.

Well thats what my friend told me.. he swears his safari group watched it all.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't there that day. I was on a date. But my best friend WAS there that day.

Basically, there was a bit of an orgy going on in an african safari. Tarzan and Jane were getting it on just off the track, and George of the jungle and his monkey friend were watching from the trees. George got really randy and started masturbating. He snapped a branch as he tried to move closer to tarzan and jane.

Tarzan realised he was being watched, and called out, "Show yourself and you can have sex with Jane if you can provide me a trade." George walked out and said "I have no woman to trade. But I'd like to have sex with Jane."

Georges Monkey came jumped from the tree onto Georges head incase some carnage was to begin. And tarzan Called "Tag me in brother".

bro
classic.
save that thing.:woo: :D

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

bro, u should write children stories and crap. Very creative:crackup:

Not Quite There

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that some african prostitutes who have slept with 1000's unprotected have developed soem form of immunity to aids.

I've also heard that in new york they have found a mutation of aids, that is far more deadly, instead of taking years to kill; it now takes only months, and can't be faught with medicine.

Talking about the black plague, i remember my tutor telling me that sometimes when developers start work on a new site, they never know what they might find, and its not compleltly unheard of to find a mass grave of bodies from the plague. you really don't want to be digging up people who died from that!!

dakota

Don Juan
Reaction score
NO NO NO!
the black death has no connection to the current aides issue. Urban myth!
Asoorted facts:
there were 3 different forms of the plague.. bubonic, septacamic ans pneuemonic...
currently the bubonic plague remains endemic among priarie dogs...
As for aides, yes it was among chimps to start with.. but a mutation allowed it to be spread from chimp to man and then man to man.
This would be similiar to the great 1918 flu that claimed more lives than world war one. The flu , originating in fort riley kansas, was spread from pigs to humans and then started human to human.
Lots of technical stuff if you all want to know...

Last edited:

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a virus simular to HIV called FIV(Feline Immune deficiancy Virus). Most cats are immune to this virus because millions of years ago there was an outbreak of it which killed almost all cats without it.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The situation as I believe it to be is that the plague was rife in cities, but not in the countryside.

A parcel was sent from London a to a village in the countryside. This letter contained the virus and she caught it.

The villagers realised that if people from this village travelled, then they were going to kill everyone else in neighbouring villages. So they cut themselves off and condemned the village to death.

Interestingly, after a year, most, but not all, had died.

They tested some of the decendents and found that they all had a higher chance of resisting other viruses - HIV included.

But to be honest, HIV should be the least of your worries, its relatively uncommon in heteros.

And remember, it isn't the only STD you can get.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one thing about AIDS that makes it so different from other viruses is that we HAVE developed immunities to fight the strain....and there are several different strains of HIV. But everytime scientists come up with a 'cure' to fight one strain of the virus or to protect the T-cells and lymphocytes or to at least attack the virus with a cure the Strain alters it's own structure to fight off the vaccine that has been administered......it is because the virus is so adaptable to any vaccine that it comes across that makes the disease so hard to cure.......

Wear a condom boys and girls