Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

ScruffyisSexy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I KNOW this post is very long but, if youve ever gone to a bar or a club, and felt inferior to your buds, to those other "N-Sync reject" pretty boys, or most importantly to the lovely ladies, then you might just find it interesting.

Theres loads of great advice on overcoming your apperance here, particularly from De La Soul (READ his last post!)

It's true.

Being a GREAT man WILL be enough to make you unimaginably succesful, not just with beautiful women, but in life itself.

But we must not kid ourselves.

Women *frequently" get with a guy SIMPLY FOR HIS LOOKS. This is the one thing we never like to "face" up to.

In a bar or club, have you ever noticed how it seems there's twenty "8-9" women, for every one or two "8-9" guys? I have.

So even being the GREATEST, most ASSERTIVE, most SELF-ASSURED guy in the world, we MUST make the BEST of what we have.

"JUST HOW IMPORTANT ARE LOOKS TO WOMEN?"

We are always told men and women approach image differently. I partly agree.

Men can be attracted to a woman just from her face, and ofen we COULDNT CARE how she behaves.

Thats why women have evolved to wear MAKEUP. They literally lead a DOUBLE LIFE! Most women hate even looking at themselves without make-up.

EXACTLY WHAT does this say about the working of the female mind? I'd have to say something wasnt quite right-which explains a lot about their MIXED SIGNALS and TWO-FACEDNESS... Literally!

Sorry. NOT very helpful but just a point. Do you guys not HATE the way women can look down their noses at guys... "oh, perrlease, did you see that guy?!")......

..... WHEN THEY HAVE A MASK??

Trust me, make up has got to that level. HOURS spent pasting on coloured dyes and pigments, to become SOMEONE they are not......

ALWAYS BEAR THIS IN MIND GUYS.

SO...

*TIP NUMBER ONE: EVEN THINGS UP.*

"Imagine the girl you are talking to without her precious mask. Imagine her the next morning."

IF THINGS ARE REALLY BAD: TAKE MAKE-UP REMOVER OUT WITH YOU. Threaten them with it. YOU WONT GET A LADY... BUT YOU WILL EVEN THINGS UP A BIT!!

Okay I'm only joking there...

But there is another way to even-up this image differential. If you cant beat 'em (for example, your bag of cotton wool has been confiscated by security) then JOIN THEM.

No, I dont mean borrowing your mom's finest dark walnut lipstick (although I'm sure some of you guys would look great.) From *personal experience* the *MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT* of you appearance is...

Your hair!

I know, not that mind-blowing. Infact, a bit of a let down. But listen.

I used to have quite long, dead straight floppy "curtains" (dont know what you guys call that hairstyle!) They just hung there, round my head, like two nasty off-cuts of cheap fabric.

Now then. Un-beknown to me, I have a bad shaped head.

Basically it is very rounded. Like the sides are curved right from my ears (hard to describe-bear with it!); Ive seen model guys with cropped hair, and they seem to have almost a squarish head. Straighter sides and flatter top. This makes them look manly. With this hairstyle and clean-shaven, I would say I look about 16. Not good.

(phew!)

Heres the point.

I had by hair cut to about 2-3 inches all over. I bought many weird and wonderful styling products. And experimented. And experimented. And experimented. Eventually, I formed a set of "GOLDEN RULES."

*TIP NUMBER TWO: MAKE THE BEST OF WHAT YOUVE GOT.*

"Finding EXACTLY what arrangement of hair fits YOUR face. CAREFULLY compensating... for your own, ahem, facial shortcomings."

For example:

1) I, like a lot of guys, have the start of a receding hairline. You know, at the corners, just going in a bit or thinning out. So, I soon learned to pull the hair to cover that up. Simple.

2) My rounded skull means, that the edges/sides/temples of my forehead slope rather than being straight and sqaurish. I soon learned to "sculpt" strands of hair to run over the temples, to create a "fake" forehead (!) ... SO that my forehead looks straighter and "squarer" (sorry, theres no good way of describing this!)

3) I have an irritating pointy nose (arrggg!) I soon learned that generally, spiky hair was better because the spikes naturally mimicked my nose, making it stand out less.

4) Pulling out/spiking/thickening the hair at the sides to compensate for my sloped head.

Honestly, it sounds *really* strange, but I can change just a FEW hairs, and the image I was trying to create, the balance and overall shape - this is what matters - has gone. Now, I know what youre thinking (besides "I'm tired of this") - no-one else notices the odd hairs. True. BUT its what the girl sees when she flash-glances at you that matters-the OVERALL impression.

Its become something I actually *look forward* to in the morning. I got real creative.

People WILL notice. Girls WILL think:

(a) "Wow, he really cares how he looks. He values himself." (b) "He must be really creative, artistic, and no doubt good with his hands."

I'm no Brad Pitt, thats for sure.

But IF I stick to my rules and - *confession time*, this can involve lacquer, or on a night out, occasional trips to the bathroom - I can strut, slide and grind with grace, and confidence, and in the right light get a look from literally most women.

To sum up...

Our hair draws attention to our face. It should be used as a tool to draw attention to the right parts, and distract the eye from the not-so-good parts.

So, big forehead? Lower your hair at the front, simply to put it partially in shadow, away from sweaty-bar gleam!

Lastly.

*TIP NUMBER 3: BIT CRYPTIC THIS ONE*

"Innately and unconsciously, masculinity has always been defined by straight lines."

This can be applied in every part of your appearance and demeanour.

1) Good, straight, upright posture.

2) "Squarish" features. You can create this illusion with your hair

3) Toned muscles form a straight profile. Loose/puffed clothing simply hides your masculine form.

4) Always stride confidently, with purpose and direction... in a straight line. This is a metaphor for your path through life itself! (whoa-im drowning)

Okay folks, thanks for staying with me there. I never doubted you, not for one minute.

I look forward to your responses, be them questions, complaints or good old-fashioned verbal abuse!

Next time I'll look at other image issues, just as soon as my fingers grow back.

Youve been a smashing audience... peace and out!

ScruffyisSexy

(transferred from discussion)

B.Love

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gread Post! Great tips! *goes to find a frame to frame on his wall*

B.Love

Don Juan
Reaction score
=X oops double post.

[This message has been edited by B.Love (edited 08-02-2002).]