Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

"I'm too old for you" excuse

SuperAlbert

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Edgewater, NJ
We were just done eating at this Thai restaurant when I noticed this pretty attractive waitress there. I'm pretty sure the other fellas were eyeing her too. Well, we started recieving our bills and then I told the fellas that I was gonna hit on her. I let the other guys pay first so I'll be close to last. I got to her finally and then...

Her: You're paying cash?
Me: Yea

*she turns around to finish up the other credit cards ahead of me. I then proceed to look at her arse. She then turns back towards me.

Me: (I looked into her eyes) Hey... (a few seconds pause)... If I give you the rest of the change, will you give me your number?
Her: (she smiles and then shakes her head)... I'm close to 30. I'm too old for you.
Me: *shrug*

She turns around and continues to get change for others. I ended up going to another person to get my exact change.

Oh well! Even though I crashed and burned, I feel ALOT better now. I'm slowly feeling my confidence level going up again.

So here's my questions guys: What would you say to someone who uses that line?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
"Not sure if you can handle a young buck like me?"

Well that might be too c0cky in any place other than a nightclub.

But you'll want to say something that takes her down a few notches. It'll separate you from the rest.
 

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NJ
"That's what the last girl thought too. Turned out I was just right for her."
 

Andromax

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
393
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Alaska
That's funny!

Though, the phone number for money is kind of bad !

I woulda asked some other way, perhaps broke the ice with a compliment before askin her number. Either way, good job on askin her out! ;)

I woulda responded somethin like,

Oh, I'm legal!

Hardly girl! were both in our prime!

Yeah, but its always easier to think of witty crap afterwards, isnt it! :p

I love older chicks. I'm 22, and I prefer women that are atleast like 24 or 25.

Never been with a woman thats 30ish. I'd love to, though if shes lookin good ! =)

Andromax
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Re: Fine, you go after the old chicks

Originally posted by swampwiz
I´ll go after the young ones. In fact, I´m currently going steady with a 20 y.o. (I am 39.)
Geeze swampwiz, did you graduate from the Mary-kay Latourneau school of dating or something?

More power to you, I guess.
 

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
448
Reaction score
1
Age
44
"Dont worry, you can make a good soup with an old chicken ;) "
 

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NJ
"Dont worry, you can make a good soup with an old chicken"
Yeah . . . but at what point does that chicken become ****in' expired?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
448
Reaction score
1
Age
44
Originally posted by sfalexi
Yeah . . . but at what point does that chicken become ****in' expired?
I meant an old in age chicken, not old inthe fridge :p
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I'm sure that you offering to pay for her phone number with spare change had something to do with her dissing you. I don't blame her either, that was pretty bad. However you could have retorted "You look great for your age, I wouldn't mind."

Now THAT'S a neg-hit...
 
Last edited:

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Gonzalo
I meant an old in age chicken, not old inthe fridge :p
lol. Yeah. It was just too obvious though. I couldn't let it go by!
 

SuperAlbert

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 17, 2004
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Edgewater, NJ
Hahahah great lines guys. I'll keep those in mind when I encounter something like that again.

As for the spare change thing, I had a $20. That was more then just the typical tip. *shrug*I know I know guys. It was still pretty lame of me... I couldn't think of anything during the time!
 

duke007

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
765
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Melbourne, Australia
"Yeah, maybe you're right....I wouldn't want you to do your hip when we get physical"
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top