Im scared of Confrontations.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theapprentice said:
I've come to the conclusion that basically that I am a pus**y when it comes to life. I know that its a dumb thing to say, but I realized I am afraid of danger and taking risk. What I am most afraid of is getting hurt physically.

Let me give you an example, outside of my house in my neighboorhood there were a couple arguing and the man started to get loud and rough and all I could hear is the woman crying and the man started to curse at the lady and yell and may have even pushed her, but I couldnt see because it was too dark.

I really wanted to call the police and tell them about this poor woman being confronted by this man, and being scared and crying. It made me mad to see idiots do that to people.

But I was too scared to call the police in fear of retribuition if the person found out which I know they keep annoynimous.

I was in a college class and a childhood bully of mine happened to be in the same class and college and continued to tease me as he used to but I never got in his face after years of verbal abuse to tell him to shut-up.

There are so many other incidents were things like this happen and I tend to shirk away from them.

my first question....why?

Secondly...can anything be done...Im sick of living my life in fear and worry...instead I want to be confrontational when its neccessary and called for?
Your problem stems from the fact that you over-value yourself. You were afraid to call the police because you were thinking what might happen to YOU.

Watch Fight Club again and notice what Tyler Durden says when they're in the car and he lets go of the steering wheel, initiating a crash.

Sometimes you just have to "let go."

That's the first step. Come to grip with the idea that you're NOT as important as you think. You value doesn't stem from an innate presence, but how you conduct yourself in life.

With that in mind, approach confrontations and act on them WITHOUT thinking about repercussions that might be inflicted upon yourself. Whenever an opportunity arises, jump in.

You subconsciously KNEW what you needed to do when that woman was being abused, but your actions were being blocked by your faulty state of mind. Notice when that act of self-protection is being intitiated and COUNTER it.

You are going to call the police because that's what you KNOW to do, period. The worst that can ever happen to you physically is death. But even death is a lot less worse than living this life of fear and intimidation that you are living. Because really, by constantly running away from life, you are in fact dead.

How are you going to help yourself?

1. Change your mindset. Realize your own value depends on how you act and what you do, not you being here.
2. Start doing scary things. Learn to approach fear. Join a BOXING class. Why boxing? Because it's the most in-your-face of the martial arts. You need to get the sh*t kicked out of you multiple times until you realize you're not "made of glass." Bruised up, punched in the face, beat up, etc. Survive it and you'll never shrink like a total sh*t bag from your foes.
3. Every time something seems intimidating, you're going to do it.