Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm pissed

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gas prices are so high it's ridiculous. Why should it cost almost $2 more to fill up then in 08. I drive for a living so that's partly the reason I'm mad but come on man. Don't give me no crap about spending money at mcdonalds cause that's food and I may eat breakfast there once a month steak egg and cheese bagel. That's not the point the point is some people say stop your *****ing but I'm gonna bi.ch. I have no problem with a stead rise over years but when something jumps a $ in a year someones making money and its not me.

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Blame Bernanke and the Federal Reserve.

There is a cost to printing more money.....it means the money already in circulation loses value.
exactly people don't realize how much a $ actually is worth. A million is only worth $800,000.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The Federal Reserve is responsible for inflation in general.

Gas prices are going up much faster than other commodities, so you can't just sit there and blame it all on the banking/finance system.

Oil prices are going up because demand's going up and the supply is not matching it. Simple economics.

Which means when there's some turmoil in the middle-east, something like, oh, say, Libya being in virtual civil war, prices are gonna go up. Libya supplies a lot of oil to Europe. That's why the UN is so quick to lead a strike force over there while they had little desire to play in Iraq. It's a global market, though, so everyone suffers.

Add to that the fact that oil production is just NOT keeping up with demand, and you have prices that are vastly out-pacing common "inflation".

The oil transportation infrastructure is obsolete...we cling to it because better technology isn't available yet. But it's coming.

I plan on moving to a new house with a garage within the next year...when I do, I'm getting an electric car. The foray into hybrids has led to real increases in battery life and charging times, to the point where primary-electric cars are becoming feasible for commuting.

Electricity is fuel-agnostic...whether it comes from coal, oil, nuclear, wind turbines, or dams, it gets pumped onto the grid and you can use it to run your vehicle at 1/4 of the price of gas.

Gas is going up for the same reason everything else gets f**ked in this economy...people base an infrastructure on a resource that they assume is going to be plentiful forever.

The American infrastructure was based on the idea of cheap gas. That's why so many people live over an hour's drive from where they work and play...they figured gas was so cheap that they could just drive.

If people would stop f**king around and start moving closer and being more social again, it wouldn't cost so damned much.

But NOOOO...God forbid we have to put up with seeing OTHER PEOPLE every day....that's what we have Facebook for. :p

In short, gas is expensive because YOU WILL PAY THAT MUCH FOR IT. Why would Exxon/Mobil charge $80 for a barrel of oil when they can charge $120??

If you don't want to pay that much for it, find another way to get around.

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Few people understand the Global concept. They think just because the oil only comes from a different place than where they buy theirs that that it should not affect them.

I would still argue that majority of the price changes are due to a devaluing currency (not all of course, supply and demand being a large part). Look at all of the other commodities and you can see price increases up to 1000%.

One of the most insidious parts of inflation is that it does not spread across the board evenly. This creates misperceptions where people start to blame certain Businesses for inflation. Oil and energy being at the bottom of the commodity food chain are the favorite culprit.
Supply and demand really doesn't have that much to do with especially when demand goes down because of the high prices.It has more to do with speculation.I'm willing to bet investors new about the troubles in Libya before the Libya problem.Gas prices have been going up since December. My ex was complaining about high food prices. She gets food stamps now but wants to get off. She doesn't realize that high gas effects food prices and other things.She also plans on buying a used Ford explorer. Idiot!!! I would do like squrriels and get a freaking electric vehicle if I could afford one:mad:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
JustWuzzle said:
Supply and demand really doesn't have that much to do with especially when demand goes down because of the high prices.It has more to do with speculation.I'm willing to bet investors new about the troubles in Libya before the Libya problem.Gas prices have been going up since December. My ex was complaining about high food prices. She gets food stamps now but wants to get off. She doesn't realize that high gas effects food prices and other things.She also plans on buying a used Ford explorer. Idiot!!! I would do like squrriels and get a freaking electric vehicle if I could afford one:mad:
I agree that speculation is a big factor here.

editdivide

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about stop complaining?

Make more money.

Find it as an opportunity to make more money.

Stop trying to save money. Won't work. Make more.

Simple.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
On a serious note, people really do need to shut their fu­ckin' yaps about the price of gas.

I don't mean to sound like some soulless neocon, but really, a vast majority of this country's citizens have much more than they need. Aside from poor single mothers, minimum wage slaves, people who live in economic dead zones, the uneducated, and particularly handicapped/disabled/sick people, nobody has a right to complain. Most people piss their money away on consumer goods they don't need like three ipods and four cell phones, designer clothes, etc. They also waste capital buying booze/drugs, cover charges, and expensive restaurants, fancy dates, and I can go on...

If you look at it, gas going from 3$ a gallon to 4$ is only a 25% increase. Of course this effects transportation costs for goods and food, but with some more careful budgeting nearly anyone can handle these increases. In fact, I'll even give you some high-falutin' money saving tips!!!!11!1

+ Buy less shi­t.
+ Seriously. Don't buy as much shi­t. You don't need it.
+ Clothes don't make the man. Quit acting like you're all on america's next top model. Find new and creative ways to combine the clothes you already have.
+ When you do have to buy shi­t, buy it on sale and/or store brand.
+ Coupons/club cards at the grocery store. Use them.
+ Shop at Save-a-lot or Sunflower Market. They're cheaper, and Sunflower has great meats at low prices, but they're only in the rocky mountain west.
+ 99 cent fast food. Taco Hell is even cheaper.
+ Find cheaper hobbies. Hanging out in the park or coffee shops are way cheaper than bars, clubs, and even movies.
+ Get a sugar mama.
+ Take the bus or train. I take the bus a lot, and I'd take the train if it came to my side of town
+ Don't road bicycle. That shi­t's a death sentence, plus cyclists look gay (sorry Fransisco)

+ Above all, shut the hell up. You're irritating everyone around you and becoming a whiny little bi­tch. That's not attractive to anyone.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love it when news articles that come out and compare gas to other things to make it seem like the increase is not all that significant. Stupid things if you compare a gallon of gas to a gallon of eye drop. The fuk would I want a gallon of eye drop for?

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin Gaye said:
If you look at it, gas going from 3$ a gallon to 4$ is only a 25% increase.
4$ per gallon? :eek:

That's half the price it is over here.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Taviii said:
4$ per gallon? :eek:

That's half the price it is over here.
European nations lost it's suvergnity to global bankers, there is no reason to sell gas to you cheap. This fate awaits Amerika I'm afraid.

By the way electric car won't solve your problems. Solution lies in money. An oz of gold still buys same amount of oil it bought 50 years ago. Thank your (mis)leaders for purpusfelly misleading your nation.

" I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies".

-Thomas Jefferson(a terrorist according to DHS)

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/BIGGESTSCAMINHISTORY.HTML

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin Gaye said:
On a serious note, people really do need to shut their fu­ckin' yaps about the price of gas.

I don't mean to sound like some soulless neocon, but really, a vast majority of this country's citizens have much more than they need. Aside from poor single mothers, minimum wage slaves, people who live in economic dead zones, the uneducated, and particularly handicapped/disabled/sick people, nobody has a right to complain. Most people piss their money away on consumer goods they don't need like three ipods and four cell phones, designer clothes, etc. They also waste capital buying booze/drugs, cover charges, and expensive restaurants, fancy dates, and I can go on...

If you look at it, gas going from 3$ a gallon to 4$ is only a 25% increase. Of course this effects transportation costs for goods and food, but with some more careful budgeting nearly anyone can handle these increases. In fact, I'll even give you some high-falutin' money saving tips!!!!11!1

+ Buy less shi­t.
+ Seriously. Don't buy as much shi­t. You don't need it.
+ Clothes don't make the man. Quit acting like you're all on america's next top model. Find new and creative ways to combine the clothes you already have.
+ When you do have to buy shi­t, buy it on sale and/or store brand.
+ Coupons/club cards at the grocery store. Use them.
+ Shop at Save-a-lot or Sunflower Market. They're cheaper, and Sunflower has great meats at low prices, but they're only in the rocky mountain west.
+ 99 cent fast food. Taco Hell is even cheaper.
+ Find cheaper hobbies. Hanging out in the park or coffee shops are way cheaper than bars, clubs, and even movies.
+ Get a sugar mama.
+ Take the bus or train. I take the bus a lot, and I'd take the train if it came to my side of town
+ Don't road bicycle. That shi­t's a death sentence, plus cyclists look gay (sorry Fransisco)

+ Above all, shut the hell up. You're irritating everyone around you and becoming a whiny little bi­tch. That's not attractive to anyone.
What the Fvck no I won't stop talking about it when it costs 120+ a week to fill my car up. I drive for a living and I don't buy anything cause I'm starting to get back on my feet. That's beside the point. Nothing and I mean nothing should inflate that much in less than a year. What you are saying is no remedy to me when I have to drive litterally everyday.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ah how quickly american people tend to forget the pain of 2008. No sooner when gas prices finally fell did I see people driving their big ass cars yet again. To anyone dumb enough to believe prices would NOT hit 4 USD/ gal..you deserve it this time. Actually, considering the cost from subsidies vis a vis your tax dollars , it is much higher.

Brent/ sweet crude futures were over 100 for march markets, and are currently going to 120 +. Not only will we see 4 dollar gas this summer, we might even eclipse 2008. With that, I am desperately trying to get work because i know that the short term gains in the job market are not going to last and I want to at least be somewhere when it all goes back to ****.

So america, are we going to continue to drive our gas guzzling SUVS? will we learn our lessons? For those who are diligent and get screwed by gas prices ( actually this is most people), It truly does suck. To those idiots who leverage their credit to get these bad cars and do 2 hour commutes....you deserve whats coming to you, again.

JustWuzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
ah how quickly american people tend to forget the pain of 2008. No sooner when gas prices finally fell did I see people driving their big ass cars yet again. To anyone dumb enough to believe prices would NOT hit 4 USD/ gal..you deserve it this time. Actually, considering the cost from subsidies vis a vis your tax dollars , it is much higher.

Brent/ sweet crude futures were over 100 for march markets, and are currently going to 120 +. Not only will we see 4 dollar gas this summer, we might even eclipse 2008. With that, I am desperately trying to get work because i know that the short term gains in the job market are not going to last and I want to at least be somewhere when it all goes back to ****.

So america, are we going to continue to drive our gas guzzling SUVS? will we learn our lessons? For those who are diligent and get screwed by gas prices ( actually this is most people), It truly does suck. To those idiots who leverage their credit to get these bad cars and do 2 hour commutes....you deserve whats coming to you, again.
Trust me I didn't forget the paid or 08. Back then I could fill my car up with $25 Now it takes $50. We will probably see $5 a gallon this summer is my prediction. I do morning paper routes which I did also in 08. I'll have to pick up another route just to keep up with the gas I use everyday. I don't drive a lot and actually prefer to stay home. I'm saying fvck it I gotta do what I have to until I get my college creds and go back to the army. Until then I'll keep struggling.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
JustWuzzle said:
Supply and demand really doesn't have that much to do with especially when demand goes down because of the high prices.
Of course demand falls...that's why it's hovering around $4 right now instead of shooting up to 5 or 6 right away. But the majority of people "have to get to work", not to mention the number of corporate vehicles using fossil fuels that have to do what they have to do.

As people adjust their mindset to accept $4 gas, it will continue to creep up. It will stop when people finally can't adjust any more and just stop driving. Like I said, we in America especially live 25 or 50 miles from our jobs because we outright refuse to mingle as human beings. We value our "privacy" so much that we insist on having a buffer-zone between us and the ills of the city.

That's why mostly poor people live in the cities. That's why crime is so high in urban areas.

There's no excuse for the suburban sprawl we see here. Far East cities, like in China or Japan, have no problem functioning with high population densities. Here, we're all so antisocial and desperate to get away from each other, not only will we pay $4-$5 for a gallon of gas, we'll also finance our lives away for $300K-$500K "McMansions"...cheaply-built huge houses that have more space than we even know what to do with. And we won't DARE ride mass-transit with the "unwashed masses", so we buy cars. And not just ANY cars, but huge hulking SUVs...the purpose of which is to elevate and isolate us from traffic.

People in Western culture, especially in America, seem to think that the more disconnected and antisocial you are, the better off you are. The epitome of wealth to them is not to be the best among your neighbors, but to NOT be among your neighbors.

And then we wonder why we're so depressed. We wonder why we're so addicted to TV shows and FaceBook and all that other nonsense. I'll tell you why...they take the place of the REAL LIFE that we've sold our souls to acquire.

Like I said, gas is that expensive because people WILL PAY IT. And people WILL PAY IT because they are out of their minds.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just spent 79 dollars filling up my tank in my xj8. my mom has a 95 honda accord that she beats and drives around... you can fill it up to the brim right now for 35 dollars and that would last the avg person 2 weeks. i will be back at the gas tank next week, this thing gets about 16 mpg in real time.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JustWuzzle said:
Trust me I didn't forget the paid or 08. Back then I could fill my car up with $25 Now it takes $50. We will probably see $5 a gallon this summer is my prediction. I do morning paper routes which I did also in 08. I'll have to pick up another route just to keep up with the gas I use everyday. I don't drive a lot and actually prefer to stay home. I'm saying fvck it I gotta do what I have to until I get my college creds and go back to the army. Until then I'll keep struggling.
I was referring to Americans in general and not towards your specific situation. this should have been made clearer in my first post, but my writing after a Saturday night bender suffers.

What we are experiencing now is similar to 2008. An initial rise in oil markets ( spot/ futures prices) temporarily makes the market feel good. I mean if you realize a hefty profit on a price upswing with a long position, you'll feel good if your firm nets a couple million. However, the effect of oil markets lags pretty much for the fundamentals it plays on the economy. Your situation delineates this well. High prices percolate into business and slow things down. In the case of 2008, it aided in widescale defaults which we all know the outcome. in 2011, I would expect to see yet another contraction in the job markets, and maybe even more problems in housing.

So my question is this; what have municipalities and federal entities done since 2008 to cope with another huge spike in oil prices? What have people done? Are people closer to work, in better cars? Are people's budgets capable of dealing with another huge shock? I would wager a guess that little has been done, people are still ill prepared, and that we will experience another difficult summer. Unfortunately for many, they are simply unable to cope.