Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm never making plans with a girl through text again

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
Deadly_Ripped said:
Texting for chatting is fine, but NEVER try to make plans through texting. You lose all ability to read her tone of voice and enthusiasm, and the agony of waiting for replies is almost unbearable and above all else unnecessary.
This guy was right on the money.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not going to listen to this advice.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's also much more incentive for them to flake since texting is not a "real" conversation. I'm really starting to hate texting and Facebook for this reason.

dereklovesugly

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good advice. I'd say bout 80 percent of the time I've made plans via text I've been flakes out on. Only time I really ask a girl to do something thru text is like "hey I'm going to (wherever) with some people. Stop by if you want."

drf408

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is absolutely true, texting sucks for plans however what if they start it and ask to do something via text? I'm thinking it may be best to agree to the plans but then give her a call a little later. I just got burnt by text only thing this week.

Met a girl out, very cute. Seemed really into me not to mention her friend who had a bf seemed to like me equally and wanted me to have her friend's number just as much. So i had friend approval which my girl said was very rare. I could also here what my girl was saying about me to her friends and it was all great.

I did try calling first but received a text that she was at work and to call her after xx time. But a conversation via text ensued. She sent me pics from our out night out and went on about what a "blast" she had. I told her we should go to xxx. She asked me, "will you be with the same guys as last time?" I said "no, just you and me". She replied "good, a date! Lets do this".

Night before the date comes and I confirm shes still on, she replies "cant wait! been a long week, I need this!". I then reply with a time. No response, i was prob 9m. Next day still nothing. So later in the day I reiterate the time saying "Meet at..." Quick response "you know what, I'm really not feeling well, just left work with chills from a fever". She could be sick sure but the response also says, "not interested". No sorry, or asking of another time. Of course I give the obvious reply "no problem, hope you feel better and we will do this when you do" Never heard back, as expected. Just odd. but I believe it would not have gone that way if it wasn't text only.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drf408 sorry to hear that dude that blows, texting with girls can be one of the most frustrating things, i absolutely hate it. Unfortunately, for my age group young 20s and teens, texting is the norm and imo most girls purposely avoid phone conversations with guys they don't know well.

I think girls texting behavior and flakiness illustrates just how crazy most are. My new approach w/girls i just met has been to build a slight rapport with a little bit of texting then casually invite to a bar/party my friends and i are going to.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'm going to call her the day before to confirm instead of texting

drf408

Don Juan
Reaction score
@kenny powers- you would think in general these days texting would be fine. But yeah girls are nuts and who knows.

@Jplaya - seeing from my experience i think that may be a good idea as you may be building something before seeing her as you will most likely digress into other conversation beyond just the confirmation.

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Slickster said:
your thread is false btw texting done right is great.

OP you didnt listen to what I said. if you would of called her to set up the date you would of been fine. you dont text to set up a date. you text to game her and keep her IL up. textng is good if you do it right. you didnt do it right.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A text message doesnt require a timely response, if one at all. Better dial them up, show your charming DJ skills that landed you the number in the first place, and get rejected like a man. I use texting as a secondary weapon when appropriate or when I don't care or when sending mass messages to old chicks from months ago. To the ones that say women can be busy or don't puck up at all when they don't recognize the number- it's bull. They are attached to the phone 90% of the time, do pick up if the number shows several times, and do call back if they expect your call. Hone the conversational skills DJs! Have the balls! And be damn proud of yourself! ( I am doing it for myself, not some random hoe)

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A good method I've used (if they have recently texted you) is to text: "I was going to call you, is now a good time?" Then if they say yes, you call and ask them out. If they say no, never text them again until they say they will talk and/or call you.

tryst type

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In order for making plans to work via text 95% of the time is when SHE initiates a text to YOU.

If you are sending a text out first, chances are 50/50 you will get her in person.

What i do now if a girl texts me first is, i will either respond to her initial text (depending on what it is) or i simply just go right into setting up a time/place to see each other. For example:

HB: Hey what's up
Me: Hey nm, Tonight around 8?
HB: that works for me
Me: Great, wear something cute!

Now that's a very simple example but it's generally what i do with more detail about place to meet etc.

You should NOT be having lengthy conversations via text before setting up a "date" the lengthier the texts are the more she's likely to decline. Just get right to the point, you'll save time getting the end result that would have happened in the first place.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as she likes you, you can do whatever you want and she'll rationalize it in a way that makes you look good. I arrange dates mostly through text with the occasional 60sec phone call and even more rarely in person. I even arranged a date though e-mail with this girl who lived in a different country. As long as you're ONLY texting to make plans and not to try some lame one-liners on her, there's nothing wrong with it.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:
As long as she likes you, you can do whatever you want and she'll rationalize it in a way that makes you look good. I arrange dates mostly through text with the occasional 60sec phone call and even more rarely in person. I even arranged a date though e-mail with this girl who lived in a different country. As long as you're ONLY texting to make plans and not to try some lame one-liners on her, there's nothing wrong with it.
Agreed.

I've never done anything but text with new girls. Why waste your time and effort on a phone call when you don't even know if they're worth it?

Also allows for mass messaging if you have a couple on the go.

Win some, lose some. Meh...

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the plans I've made with women have been through text and I've never been flaked on.

If a girl actually said yes, it's because she wants to go. It's also easier for a girl to say no or simply ignore a text so they don't have to flake by saying yes at first.

Me: Hey, come by my place tomorrow after work and we'll play some games and get a pizza.

Her: sorry im gonna be kinda busy this week. were gonna have to try for later

It's such a BS response. She's basically saying she doesn't want to hang out but she does in the future. There is no way she's too busy all of next week to see me. Is it two truths, or a truth and a lie?

If we were talking on the phone there is no way she would say that and I'd be able to get more information out of her. From now on I'm only making plans on the phone. At least that way we can have a real conversation. And if she rejects me, it will be easier to gauge how much interest she really has in going out or not.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
This guy was right on the money.
Not every girl is going to like you.. Thus not every girl is going to come through no matter how you try and set up the date or what you do.