i'm getting killed at work....

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but having to be around your ex girl constantly as she's engaging in a new romance... that's not kid stuff anymore.

That's just an excuse.

My one-itis was not only in several of my college classes, but also managed to fall in love with my best friend uch:rolleyes: . It seemed like life had dangled happyness just out of reach.. and then as I stumbled to grab it, something decided to shove a red-hot stick of FVCK-YOU up my otherwise virgin a$$hole. I remember one particular incident in a cinema where, metaphorically speaking of course, I wanted to FVCKIN DIE.

The point I am trying to make here is: no matter how you think you are worse off, or how you think your situation is somehow different to everybody else's experience. It isn't. This is just another one-itis AND YOU WILL GET OVER IT, whether you work with her or not. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about -- start by reading some of the more inspiration articles on sosuave, I know they helped me a lot.

One thing though my man, I know what you're going through and I feel for you. Make it your goal to change your self image for the better; so that you may NEVER feel this way again.

p.s the rest of you guys have really never curled up into a ball and cried about a girl?? not even in your most AFC moments? okaay, obviously me and delta are a couple of pansies. maybe we should get married, what do ya say delt?

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta,

The lesson here for you, and for anyone else paying attention, is to NOT date women who inhabit fixtures of your daily routine. This doesn't just apply to work. I won't date women not only at my office, but also in other companies' offices who I have an ongoing professional relationship with. I also won't date women from my gym for this same reason.

It's a very risky gamble knowing that when your time dating her has run its course, she's not gonna disappear. You just contaminated your environment.

One thing I'll add here is that the workplace in particular is an attractive nuisance. Women at work can be a tempting pretty poison, especially if you hold some status in the workplace. It's very tempting, especially when they're practically hanging off your balls, hot, and there for the taking. It's far more convenient to bag one of these chicks vs. finding them and setting up the relationship outside of work. Believe me, I've been down this road before.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thank you fellows.

i didn't know it would be so difficult to find this kind of understanding about this sort of thing.

tjao, i actually don't think it's an excuse. it may be something that, like you, i have to just come to grips with (thanks for your story by the way, it sucks something awful but maybe it's true what they say in the good book, that we suffer that we may comfort those who suffer... and i have been comforted. thank you), but it's not an excuse.

if i could like several months without her in my life, i think i really would be fine. if i didn't see her tomorrow, the healing would really start. even on weekends, i can feel myself mending over it but ever weekday, it's ripped open all anew.

i know what it is to indulgently feel sorry for myself. i'm not doing that now... but the mind does head to that direction when i see her and hear about how well she's doing with this other guy. i resist... it's hard.

and yeah, i do spend a lot of time here now. trying to pull myself together... but that's hard too. my mind keeps crying, "how long? how long oh lord?" :) and i can't imagine how much time and effort it will take to get another girl and not feel what i feel now. but what else have i to do?

some of it really is learning to be patient and accept the circumstance i'm in now (and not writhe and scream in my skin)... just accept it and start anew.

i am thinking about marriage... i'm BAD at being single. and i'm so fvcking lonely that i think i can die... but i still really like pvssy so i'll have to pass tjao... for now. :)

RedPill,

smart man. i can see the wisdom of your words so clearly but i've got so few other opportunities to even meet women. where else can i go (without a posse - most of my friends are christian and married) to meet women? any ideas would be great.

and again, the prospect of just pinging and pinging and not getting anything back for the foreseeable future just makes me want to die.

but i live on. what else can i do.

thanks again guys. i'm at work now and suffering but feel better.

delta

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for your story by the way, it sucks something awful but maybe it's true what they say in the good book, that we suffer that we may comfort those who suffer... and i have been comforted. thank you
It that case my dear fellow, I shall endeavor to elaborate further; in retrospect you can only laugh at these things.
Also, I think that sometimes hearing you aren't the only one, in honest words of another, is a very comforting thing in itself. It's nice to know that somebody understands us, and shares a little in our grief.

Now..without further ado, I shall segue into a story of young love, a true story as it happens....

nah, I'm not going to bore you with details. but I will tell you one thing:

For a year and a half, every day I was in her presence, it hurt. It hurt terribly.
however, in the end you realise that it's nothing to do with her, where she is, or what she's doing. It's nothing to do with her circumstances (ok..i say nothing, I mean close to nothing). It's about the way you view the world. And in order to overcome this pain, you have to change yourself, attack the very core of what you're going through -- somebody who resonates with the wrong paradigms will fall into the oneitis trap over and over again.

And after all this time I've come to believe one thing. It wasn't the girl I was infatuated with, it was the very notion of love itself. It was the thought of having all those fantasies I cooked up night after night come true. It was the idea of watching the sunset with a pretty girl, and holding her in my arms, the thought of kissing tender lips in passion. The particular girl was just a convenience, she was just someone I kinda liked, someone my mind warped into that perfect image.

At their core, I believe that's what all oneitises boil down to. I don't know if that's of any help to you right now, and you could easily think I'm wrong (and I could be).

Anyway, wish I could say more but I've gotta go to work soon

boomchikabowow

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ha! love your signature.

anyway, i do thank you again for the understanding. you are certainly right that simply to be reminded that one is not alone is great comfort.

i think ultimately you're right in your prescription. but i don't think it's oneitis if you're constantly just seeing her.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
you're reminded constantly of time and careful, diligent effort that was wasted. that'll bother anyone.
also, an extreme example to make my point: guy walks in on his wife fvcking another guy. they get a divorce. but every time he goes and watch his wife fvcking the other guy (he keeps having to go watch her for some reason - perhaps court order), it hurts.... never gets better.

if this guy NEVER is able to watch his wife fvcking another guy with a positive, sunshiney attitude and a bright smile on his face, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING WRONG WITH HIM.

there is a difference between ONEITIS's not letting go, to someone just being constantly presented with their STRESSOR.

just like it's a bad idea for an alcoholic to constantly hang out at a bar, all the cognitive therapy in the world isn't going to make certain things not knock you for a loop.

such stressors BYPASS and SHORT CIRCUIT your reason and just go directly to your emotion. that's why it's ADVISABLE (EVERYBODY SAYS SO) to get away.

your problem and mine was that we're trapped.

you are correct that it does depend on your point of view. everything in life does, and can be interpreted in different ways depending on your slant on it. as qui gon jin (!!!) said, "your focus determines your reality".

and so even though everyone needs SOMEONE, nobody needs ANY PARTICULAR SOMEONE.

but people are not robots that can be completely programmed so that stressors, temptations and addictions will simply NOT AFFECT THEM.

the issue here is not really about WRONG THINKING, it's that we will NEVER BE PERFECT and our emotions can be tweaked and triggered by bad stressors. and the best solution here is to just get away.

and failing that, rigorously TRYING to program yourself to ignore it... and DESENSITIZATION is the most you can hope for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but then again, things like hypnosis and NLP are supposed to work to just program you to ignore your fears, anxieties and such so maybe it is possible to smile and applaud while watching your wife fvck another guy... shrug....

delta

Last edited:

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks like your back into action deltas

"Delta squad, lock and load!":trouble:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Delta Ive been through the same situation and I know its tough (actually the girl I was seeing dump me for another guy at the same work).

Here are a few tips:

- Don't quit your job. If its a good job, don't let this stupid b1tch ruin your life for you. It ain't worth it throwing a good job away just because you broke with someone. Sometimes at work we run into co-workers we disagree with and hate, is that mean every time we should quit as a result? we would never be able to hold down a job if that was the case. Just hang in there.

- Be nice to her and act like you are her work friend again - Why would you want to do such a thing?? because the more you concentrate of how much this woman hurt you the more you will feel hurt. Even if you have to fake it just do it. You don't owe her to hang out with her but be nice to her. Eventually you will start feeling good about being nice to her and you will make that a habit.

- Hook up with as many girls as you can. If you can't do approaches right now because you feel like sh1t , just go online find a good dating site and start from there. You will feel better going out and be in the company of another woman who will desire you as oppose to sitting at home and thinking about how sh1tty your situation is.

bossdog

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is why you neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever **** *****es at work. never. DONT DO IT.

piterx

Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what i have done few days ago..i have quitted..and now ,since i live with my parents it's not better than before.i must find another job as soon as possible.because it's much less social right now.
but some decisions had to be taken.not just because my broken heart ( i am weak i admit ~ some problem girl should not manage to make me sorry ~ i must work on it ) also that was not the right job for me..
whatever..
time for new~ better beginnings.
salutes to mr.delta

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Delta, I understand your pain. But it could be worse - imagine the new guy WAS at work and you had to endure them making glances at each other all day!

You say you've "nexted" - but you're not over her. Sure, you actually HAD a relationship with her, that's a step above a oneitis. But you still have feelings here - you're not over her. Your reason may be a little more "valid" - but a bad oneitis still affects brain chemistry in a similar way, IMO.

The optimum solution in this situation (or a oneitis) is getting away from the chick and never seeing her again (or at least very rarely). It takes time away to "heal". But you can't because you have to see her every day. That's tough. However, there are other things you can do (and the progress will be slower, but it WILL work - you have to take it one day at a time).

Ignoring her (and/or effectively being rude) will only backfire on you (and guess what, it really doesn't help that much because she's there anyway). She will notice it, probably tell other people about it, and you'll just have the headache of other co-workers thinking your an ass. I don't advise it (even though it feels like you just have to or you'll go insane). Also, chicks can be complete underhanded b1tches if you offend them, so assume she would do something to fvck you over.

However, you can avoid initiating anything with her, if she talks to you, YOU HAVE to be polite (don't be abrupt/short - it will show). But don't prolong the convo - make answers that don't lead anywhere. And if there's any situation where you have a choice whether you will or won't be around her, take the latter.

If you can think through things you don't like about her and even actually get yourself a little p1ssed about things she did to you, that will help. Write them down and try to remember them often - you seem to have her a little on a pedestal right now. Does she even care about you? (You say not, so why would you care about her!) You probably remember the time when you were together and you liked that she cared about you - well now, you're going through this hell and she doesn't care! Try to "realise" you broke up for a reason, that reason is still there, and getting back with her wouldn't fix it.

If you get thoughts in your head of her, or her and her new guy, or anything to do with this issue, put them out immediately and start thinking of something else (don't even finish your thought trail on her). DEFINATELY do not visualise details of them together in your head from the stories you hear. The more you think of it, the more ingrained the feelings get and the longer they take to fade. Try this tactic - if you can do it, it works.

Of course, meeting other chicks will help. It's hard when you're in the mood you must be in, but it really would help a lot.

Don't jeopardise your finances/career by quitting unless you can go to a BETTER job. If you can do that and you want to, do it. Otherwise, stick it out - it will be OK in the end. Take it one day at a time.

The final thing I want to say is - NOTHING ever stays the same. Something will change - she may leave, she may break up with this guy, you may get a better job, and certainly you can be sure your feelings will fade.

robrulesyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess i missed this trhead earlier. Thanks Delta for your advice to me. You seem to be in a similar situation.

The way I've been getting over my breakup is by doing things you suggested, just keeping myself busy.

But also, my ex-gfs always had tried to keep in touch with me when I was with my girl. Now I take advantage of this opportunity and I've been 'seeing' more girls. I still think about my girl but everytim the thought pops into my head I just think about how much I enjoy the company of these new chicks.

It's even worse when she calls or I run into a mutual friend. I know how you feel. Keep your head up and don't look back. We can both get through if we just keep busy and don't look back.

good luck.

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, your first mistake was your attitude of throwing the friendship away for the relationship. Sure, go for the relationship but don't be willing to throw away the friendship.

And you haven't told us why you broke up in the first place. Was it mutual, something you did, she did, or what??

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magnatolia said:
Dude, your first mistake was your attitude of throwing the friendship away for the relationship.
Wrong, His first mistake was asking a girl he wanted to fvck to be his friend.

When he went for the friendship first he practically handed her his balls and by going for a relationship later he was asking for them back. He should have never gave his balls away in the first place in the name of "friendship".

But that is beside the point because he managed to get them back temporarley only to lose them again.

Reaction score
Delta said:
so the girl i was going out with at work broke it off with me a while back and now she's going out with another guy (not from work thankfully)...

but i'm over-hearing about her personal life and where they're going together and stuff and it is just killing me. and the fact that she likes this relationship and is making her happy - it makes it worse for me.

the ideal way to get over someone is to just get away from them - out of sight out of mind. and for heaven's sakes, not hearing details about her personal life.

but i have to be around it constantly and while i've been doing ok for a few weeks, sometimes, like this week, it's just destroying me. fills me with self doubt and self loathing. all the useless thoughts that makes me question myself.
----------------------------------------------------------

when i asked her out, i was risking our friendship. but i'm glad. i sidestepped a LJBF! i gladly sacrifice the friendship at the altar of giving a relationship a try.

but the friendship is truly dead. she can't really sympathize with my suffering and certainly can't help - neither does she probably care - just wish that she didn't have to deal with fallout.

i certainly can't know about what's going on in her life.

the friendship is dead. but fine. as i said, it was worth it.

but dam/n it hurts. physically. almost feel like a panic attack sometimes.

i don't believe in god in any real sense but i spent a lot of time tonight just doubled up chanting help me help me help me.

i should quit. but i don't want to jeopardize my finances over this. argh. must look for a new job.

delta
kill yourself

Magnatolia

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Wrong, His first mistake was asking a girl he wanted to fvck to be his friend.
He never actually said he was attracted to her when they became friends.

I agree, though, that guys shouldn't become friends with a girl in the hope of her falling for them. On the other hand, I think being friends with a girl you're attracted to is okay, so long as you don't expect anything more.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dang, too bad the thread subscription thing doesn't work better. i didn't realize there were more responses here!

thanks fellows for the comfort and the advice. there's some great stuff in there that i'm actually doing now and your understanding and condolences are indeed a comfort so thank you.

acacia, may your kind compassion be rewarded you ten fold.

djdamage, yeah, i definitely did not do what you are saying. i gave up the "backdoor approach" to getting in a relationship by befriending a loooong time ago. that was back in my afc and proud days.

she didn't have my balls. i did NOT "ask her to be my friend to fvck her".... plain as day that that's a ridiculous approach.

but the plan is i'm quitting in february after a project is finished. i'm not concerned about finding a better job. i really didn't plan on staying for much longer anyway.

(piterx, i hope you have moved on to better pastures and are thriving. good luck to you.)

and it's not getting much better. she is kind of like the physical manifestation of a "bad thought". i have to block it out like a bad thought so i spend most of my days with headphones on and staring into the screen. kinda helps.

anyhoo, not too long.

and yeah, i've definitely learned my lesson. when a relationship ends, i can't be in a situation where i can't get away from her. a man's gotta know his limitations and that's mine. lesson learned.

delta