Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm getting braces soon

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think my main problem I haven't been able to get a girlfriend is because I'm too self conscious of my teeth to smile. I have these "eye" teeth that stick out, it's kind of like vampire teeth, lol..well, I'm getting 4 teeth pulled Monday, then a few days later getting spacers, and a week later getting braces. I think once I get them I will have so much more confidence to smile. I have a great body because I'm an amateur bodybuilder and am an All-State pitcher, so once I get braces I will have the "complete package". Anyone else had good success with the ladies after getting braces? Or do they hinder you?

markk30

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, im getting braces soon too! I already have my spacers in right now and i just need 4 teeth pulled also. Im just like you. I have great looks and i have a very fit body. I am so self conscience of my teeth and i cover my mouth every time i smile. I think that when i have the braces, i will smile more and when they are off, even more. Good luck with you and the braces. Just remember that there is someone out there thats going through the same process!

Markk30

Hellshock

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had braces since the middle of August, and I don't mind them at all. I too had the problem where I'd keep my teeth hidden when I smile, but since I got these put on the problem vanished. And, anyone that says people with braces will have problems with the ladies, is full of it. Having braces has not hindered my macking process at all, you'd be surprised how many girls are out there that are into guys with braces.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm probly getting braces too. i dont really need them but my dentist told me that when i get older i might have some problems if i dont wear them now.so i'll just suffer with it while i'm young.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yao, first of all, it's self-conscious , not self-conscience. Just for your info aite?
As for teeth and braces, I had braces for two years when I was AFC, and now I have really GREAT teeth. Now that my acne's dyin down and my confidence has been skyrocketing, I'm doing great. :D

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had braces for like 3.5 years! Since the end of Grade 7 to the beginning of Grade 12.

When i got them off, i felt i had way more confidence, and i smiled way more.. Believe me, its worth it...

Reaction score
I got braces when I was 13, and had them off by the time I was 14. Now I have a killer smile, as opposed to the big gap in my fronth teeth I had. Didn't slow me down with chicks though...for whatever reason...maybe they dig the metal, or maybe they think a guy with braces is taking care of himself...w/e

lil devun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats some good math there sonick!

i had braces for almost a year and they werent bad at all. pretend they're gold fronts! :D

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm losing the 4 teeth tomorrow. Wish me luck guys, lol. I can't eat anything the whole day since they will be using an I.V. to knock me out.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
does it matter how braces work depending on age? i mean will they have the same effect on a 17 and 40 year old?

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had to have braces for one reason: I had a bike accident and landed with on my face on the pavement, breaking my jaw in two places + a hairline fracture, and knocking 50% (nearly all of the lower row) of my teeth back towards my throat.

At the emergency room, a dental plastic surgeon took his hands and simply pulled and pushed all of the teeth into their ideal possitions. I had no pain killers for this ordeal. I swear I'm not lying. The plastic surgeon, right before starting to put the teeth back in place, says to me "Hold on to something..." I screamed so fvcking loud the whole emergency wing of the hospital probably heard me.

But I never had to wear braces!

On the bad side, I could hardly talk for two weeks, and lived on a diet of ONLY liquids for six weeks.

My smile is pretty good now, and thanks to the plastic surgeon, no scarring on my face.

- Maurizio

dcfs10

Don Juan
Reaction score
originally posted by sonick182
"I had braces for like 3.5 years! Since the end of Grade 7 to the beginning of Grade 12."

sonick, before u start up with the ladies u gotta brush up on thos math skills bro....lol

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 17 and I had braces for 2.5 years and they were just taken off last month. I don't really know what chicks think about guys with braces (I never got any bad reactions to them). If you think your teeth are crooked and you are self-conscious about them, get braces. Once you get them off, your teeth will be straight, your confidence will be boosted and chicks WILL notice your increased confidence.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had braces for a year or two when I was a lot younger 'cause my front teeth were really ****ed up (90degs off the normal angle, there was a huge gap between them too) but my dentist decided to take 'em off before they were fully straight, and now I got messed up teeth. I don't mind it that much 'cause I'm used to it, but I guess better teeth can't hurt. I'm trying to get my mom to pay for braces again, and I'm wondering if there are kinds of braces that don't show up much and won't mess up the inside of my lips? The ones I had when I was little used to make me bleed sometimes 'cause of friction and such, and it was annoyingly painful.

Oh, and what's the deal with teeths being pulled? Anybody can explain that?

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
I had braces for a year or two when I was a lot younger 'cause my front teeth were really ****ed up (90degs off the normal angle, there was a huge gap between them too) but my dentist decided to take 'em off before they were fully straight, and now I got messed up teeth. I don't mind it that much 'cause I'm used to it, but I guess better teeth can't hurt. I'm trying to get my mom to pay for braces again, and I'm wondering if there are kinds of braces that don't show up much and won't mess up the inside of my lips? The ones I had when I was little used to make me bleed sometimes 'cause of friction and such, and it was annoyingly painful.

Oh, and what's the deal with teeths being pulled? Anybody can explain that?
It's because of overcrowding..i have a small mouth and too many teeth to fit inside it...matter of fact, as soon as I make this reply, my mom is taking me to the oral surgeon to get em pulled. Wish me luck

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Surgery was a success. I just now woke up from all the anesthesia and drugs. Braces, here I come!! Should have them put on in about 2 weeks max and my confidence will shoot throught the roof....Just something a little funny that happened I thought I would share...Remember, I was soooo druged up, I don't remember anything. All I remember is them putting and I.V. in my arm and 10 seconds later, bam, i'm out cold. The nurses told me that I said something very funny though, which of course i don't remember cause I was soo ****ed up from drugs. They said that I asked them if they could add 4 inches while I was there, lol....why the **** I asked a dentist to add 4 inches to my penis i don't know, ROFL..the nurses kinda got turned on by it, and man they were hot.

markk30

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am getting my teeth pulled tomorrow. But i dont think they are going to put me to sleep. I think they are just going to numb the area. Any different then if you were out cold?

Markk30

Dj Deity

Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually hate my braces now!(...well, actually i would just like them off)

wow, from what you guys are saying, the general idea in this thread is something along the lines of you like them cuz they will help you. haha, I have had braces on since beginning 6th grade got them off at the end of 7th grade year.... had to get them put back on at the end of that summer(I still don't know why), and still have them on now. -I am a sophmore! arrrgggg.... so i have had them on what... 4.5 years total. why i don't like them: I am very active in many sports, they allways seem to get in the way when i participate... especially when i get hit in the face 4 being stupid in a boxin match, my mouth gets all cut up, lol. on the other hand they never get in the way when i am kissin. I have had them on so long that i am eating things they tell me not to, cuz i forget i have them on. also they have never kept me from smileing.:D good luck to all you who are getting braces soon!

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by markk30
I am getting my teeth pulled tomorrow. But i dont think they are going to put me to sleep. I think they are just going to numb the area. Any different then if you were out cold?

Markk30
Hey man, it's wierd how you got spacers before they are going to pull the teeth. I am getting spacers a week from today, then braces a week from then....Yeah, well, I had to get 4 teeth pulled, that's why they knocked me out cold. If you have to get more then 2 pulled, they better knock you out, or else you will be in a world of pain. I am very happy to say that I am in NO PAIN AT ALL. Only thing is my mouth feels wierd. Even though they knocked me out cold, they still used local anesthestia to numb the area as well...I recommend having the knock you out cold. It rocks man, you don't remember ****. It's like , I.V in arm, 10 seconds later, your out cold, and next thing you know you are comming to on your recliner at home. Best part is you feel no pain when being knocked out. So, I am looking foward to getting my braces in 2 weeks and having a HUGE confidence boost. Time to start practicing my killer smile now. :)