Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm getting bald. Shave head or not?

Sayajin_Prince

Don Juan
Reaction score
guys i have a dilemma, i'm getting bald and is starting to notice a lot, i don't know if i should completely shave it ( i dont know if it would go well with my face ) or cut it really short ( which will show i'm bald anyways ). any of you guys have been on a situation like this one? what did u do?

thanks in advance

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave. You'll think it looks wierd at first, but that's only because it's a CHANGE from what you're used to. Eventually you'll get so used to it that growing your hair out will feel/look 'wierd'.

Alexi

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea man Ive done the smae thing..and use rogaine if its on the vortex..it really really works..my hair is thicker all over and fuller from it.

but I shave it to a 2 on the sides and back..and a 3 on top. and after i got used to it..and lost a lot of weight..I look a lot more masculine and hard ass..and im only 22

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got a bit of a receding hairline, but ever since I started shaving my head (for other reasons, just needed a change), you can't even tell. I'm f*cking pissed because NOBODY in my family has the baldness thing going on. Sometimes I wonder if it's stress.

Anyway.

I've got a couple buddies who are pretty much going bald as well, they just either shave it or keep it short.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2c...

I have longish hair, it reaches the bottom of my nose/my lips, but over the past year my hair has started to thin out and my hairline is starting to recede a tiny bit, bit nothing major. I use to shave my hair all the time, and i must say that when i did my hair WAS thicker and more FULL, and ever since i have GORWN my hair its started to thin out and become less full.... so what i would do is that if you want to grow your heair, then shave it a couple of timess untill it gets thick and full, THEN let it grow;)

Otherwise... try keeping away from gel and that kind of hair products, cause as much as people say that gel etc DOESNT har yor hair, it actually does, to an extent. So for a year just keep on shaving your hair, and THEN u can grow it once it is thick and full... but i dont know what your hir is like, your hair might only take 6 months to grow think and full, or it might take you a few years for it to become thick and full... it depends on u as an individual, but normally after a year or so your hair should be thicker and fuller after shaving it all the time.

Laterz...

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stopping hair loss is possible with the various products that use Minoxidil (Regain) or a tablet form called Propecia. I heard that if you use them in combination they can be used successfully to restore hair loss.

The Regain is pretty expensive nearly 30 quid a bottle. The Propecia I have no idea, as its not available in the UK.

Originally posted by Sayajin_Prince
guys i have a dilemma, i'm getting bald and is starting to notice a lot, i don't know if i should completely shave it ( i dont know if it would go well with my face ) or cut it really short ( which will show i'm bald anyways ). any of you guys have been on a situation like this one? what did u do?

thanks in advance

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
shaving ur head or wearing hats has nothing to do with baldness. Its genetic folks.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm.....

Originally posted by Julian
shaving ur head or wearing hats has nothing to do with baldness. Its genetic folks.

As much as u think thats true, it isnt, gel DOES have an affect on your hair, i did my research on this one;)

Laterz...

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't ask other people about this...ESPECIALLY people on this website who have no idea what you look like....if you're donald trump (random) or somebody shaving your head would look bad, you know you're body better than anybody

Does gel really contribute to baldness??? ****, i been using it my whole life

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
gel DOES have an affect on your hair, i did my research on this one
yeah i didnt say anything about gel, but i know that ish is mad damaging.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
I've got a bit of a receding hairline, but ever since I started shaving my head (for other reasons, just needed a change), you can't even tell. I'm f*cking pissed because NOBODY in my family has the baldness thing going on. Sometimes I wonder if it's stress.
same thing happened to me my hair used to be alot thicker and i got a bit of receding hairline but I dont know why because my dads not bald nor my dads dad and my moms dad has a full head of hair and my brother is older than me and the hair on his head is thicker and fuller then mine.am i still going to bald completely? or is it going to stop there?

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"yeah i didnt say anything about gel, but i know that ish is mad damaging."

how so ? got any links?

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
To Sayajin Prince:

Post a picture of yourself, that's the only way we can tell.

To Equitas:

What do you suggest using instead of gel? I tried using wax but because I have fine hair it didn't work, made me look like I had a lot less hair.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm....

Originally posted by Jippii
To Equitas:

What do you suggest using instead of gel? I tried using wax but because I have fine hair it didn't work, made me look like I had a lot less hair.
What i would suggest
1) Cut your hair short so that you wont NEED to put gel in your hair.

2) Try get hold of a "natural" hair gel that doesnt contain AS MANY chemicals etc in it.. thats what i did, i got this gel thats made from Acacia Gum which is healthiyer than most other gels.

3) Let your hair grow long so that you wont have to use gel anymore ( i am in the process of growing my hair long now, my fringe gets to my top lip now ) So i might just put a tiny bit of gel in my hair now so that my hair doesnt look "messy", and i make sure that the gel itself doesnt touch my skulp, cause that will suffocate the roots and kill the hair.

But all in all, if you are one of those people that HAVE to spike your hair, then there isnt much/anything that can replace gel, and if you wanna do it, then there WILL be consequinces. Eg: hairloss/going bald etc. So if you can, STOP USING GEL, fullstop. If you think that you look like sh!t without gel in your hair, then what do you think that you will look like 5 years from now, with NO hair at all? *G* think about it:rolleyes: ;)

Laterz...

Mystic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people can really pull off the bald look. The actor Michael Rosenbaum who plays Lex Luthor in Smallville pulls off the bald look so well.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
errr....

Originally posted by cutplug
Shave it all off or get some transplants.. don't go half ass and do a comb-over or wear a hat all the time.

I very much dought that most people can AFFORD to get hair transplants:rolleyes: But ishaving your head is prefferable, and IF that doesnt work, THEN you can think of taking further steps.;)

Laterz...