"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Im extremely self conscious and i need some help overcoming it

opentoadvice

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
ok, ive had this problem for at least the last 3 or 4 years. could any of you help me out or give me some tips of overcoming being extremely self conscious. anything would be cool. thanks.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

DJnomore

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Just go somewhere you don't care and do what you want.

If you can be successful somewhere else you will be successful at home.
 

LordBrian

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Virginia
I would suggest reading the DJ bible. Any of them...

http://sucs.org/~nicholas/djb/index.php

I would suggest reading this one about confidence, i like it because it shows that things are trivial....: http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/001294.html

This post is good, because its about courage... and its also kind of funny to read.
http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000974.html

Pook and Fingers are also great in this subject. I would suggest looking over their posts, especially "weapons of mass seduction" (which i think should be a sticky!!! :D )

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37710

Also I would like to give myown little spiel about confidence. Its something that no one can give you. you have to earn it. Walk up to someone and ask them out. The first few times i tried it it was very awkward and embarrising (once a HB8 even laughed at me... dont worry, ill make sure she wants me soon :D). AFter being rejected countless times, it seems like it isnt that important anymore....

IF these things dont work at ALL. I might suggest SS... however, i only have tested out very little. Im not sure of what to do if im caught using it....
 

dualman7

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
First of all, stop taking yourself so seriously. You're putting too much stress on worrying about things you can't control, and as a result you're mentally exhausted for other simple tasks.

Second, start reading! Whenver I start feeling like I am backtracking on my progress and feeling way too self conscious, I grab a book and it always refreshens me. I am not too fond of reading, but even skimming some books can do a lot of good.
 

DDV

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Somewhere
FIRSTLY :)...

don't read any of that.. it may give some benefit, but it may do damage too...

Firslty, start to explore yourself, what are CAUSES of you being shy.? What've made you so, what past experiences were, when did it start? That's core things. Then just try to think about that. 'Cause almost all issues/complexes lays in the past. BUT that WAS past, NOW is NOW. Have something changed until now?
Are the situatio the same...
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

sAgE

New Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Orange County, CA
I have to agree with DDV's response but add a little to that...

I have found myself in your situation many times, and for the most part I sometimes fall back to the ackward feeling of insecurity and self-consciousness. The best recommendation that I can make is to study yourself when you are self-concious and then another mindset that you prefer. Take the time to compare both. Notice your body language, your energy levels, what it is that you think about, what your breathing pattern is like, etc. Eventually, you can start modifying little things about yourself when you feel uncomfortable and bring yourself to a more agreeable state of mind. It's kind of like physical triggers for your mind.

For example, when I loose my confidence I tend to slouch and speak in a softer tone of voice. I found it that standing/sitting up straight and speaking louder reasert my confidence and helps triggers my mind to change to a more confident state.

But thats just roughly what takes place for me, you have to take the time to make it work for you and figure it out. There is really no one way to fix this, but these are some clues to help you figure out your own situation. It's still a work-in-progress for me and i've been working on this part of myself for quite a while.

I hope this helps...
 
Top