"I'm doing X at Y place on Z day at Q time, why don't you join me?"

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I see this line talked about a lot on this site, and my understanding is that the appeal of this line is that its not supposed to sound like you're actually asking her on a date since you already have plans and you'll have something to do whether she comes or not, thereby establishing prizability of some sort. However, I honestly can't see many good appications for this line if you want to get some one-on-one time with a girl. Sure, it works fine if you're already doing something with your friends, but that's because most out-of-the-house activities are normally done in groups anyway, and all you're doing by suggesting that she come along is trying to expand the group. But if you say to her "I'm going to this pool hall to play some 9-ball this Thursday at 8, you should come along", it seems to me that you'll look a little strange (but not in a good way), and that it will still seem suspicious to her, i.e. she'll still think you're asking her on a date.

Now, I know that if the girl has a high IL, she'll come along anyway 'cause she'll just want to see you... but if she has a high IL, it won't matter how you ask her out, so long as you aren't a total AFC or a major snob about it. Therefore, this line seems very self-defeating to me. The only thing I can think of that you could get away with "letting" her come along with you to do is an errand of some kind, since you can say to her that you just want to make it more interesting... but again, that seems like the kind of thing that only a girl with a high IL would want to come along for.

Any thoughts on this?

Sean O

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying (in the most basic aspect) is that I think that that line is virtually useless for trying to set up a date with a girl who you don't already know is very interested in you, and I'm inviting people to prove me wrong. After all, if I am wrong, it would be nice to know when that line works well, yeah? :rockon:

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"hey come keep me company while I go try out some new pants."

*After getting the pants*

"Lets go grab some food of there."

*eats some food*

"I feel like playing some pool its right over there lets play a few games."

You my friend have successfully went to the pool hall with just you and her. Another example

"Hey I'm about to buy some food at burger king, come with me, I may also have a surprise for you after were done eating." (The surprise is the pool hall)