Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm competing with Virgin Galactic...

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought domain names were pretty much picked clean by now.

IF you indeed do have the name, diablo, I'd also say you're asking way to little. The brilliant fvcker who had "yellowpages.com" got over a billion US dollars for it, if I recall correctly. In any case, it was an enormous sum.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
I thought domain names were pretty much picked clean by now.
Yeah, they pretty much are. I think diablo's side of the story is a little sketchy. Here are screenshots of my account.

Hosting Control Panel: http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9958/hosting1jq3.gif
Domains Panel: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/299/domainsacclu4.gif (notice I registerd on 3-14, 10 days ago)

diablo said:
Want to explain how it is that you're doing what you're doing? I logged into my control panel on datacities and still show that 'vssvoyager.com' is in "My Domains".

Invoice Details Description Domain (register): vssvoyager.com
Invoice #15952
Date Paid: 2007-03-24
SubTotal $14.95
Taxes $0.00
Total $14.95
Your invoice shows that you paid for it on 3-24, which is also the same day you made this thread. I highly doubt that you were able to find exactly the right people to contact to sell your domain to in the same day.

Second of all, how is it that you own the domain if you paid AFTER me?

diablo said:
I called GoDaddy and found out what's going on. GoDaddy is the company "Attraction" used to register the name. The customer service rep said that from time to time a person will register a name and their service hosting company (datacities) won't properly acquire the name. If someone else comes along a few hours later while the first company's service is still crapping out and registers with someone else, then they might 'own' the site - but not for long. He said that all I need to do is get my detailed receipt from the original company I registered from with the TIME I registered and submit it to InterNIC. Then InterNIC will compare it to the time that Attraction registered the name, note that I registered before he did, and transfer control over to me.

That was pretty sleazy, Attraction, but I'm not too worried about it as this will all be sorted out very soon. Your own customer service sold you out.
I paid for the domain before you did. I also paid MORE than you did. Yes, I always use GoDaddy. I own about 37 Domain Names and 28 Hosting accounts with GoDaddy.

By the way, this is not spam, just a recommendation: don't use datacities or whatever it was you used. Godaddy owns.

Good luck.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Hyde said:
Looks professional. Looks a little plain and simple, but still pulls off a professional feeling to it. Kinda looks like a newspaper article with links.
Thanks Hyde. That's sort of the look I was going for, like a news type of blog. I think you're right I need to fill it in a bit more though.

I'm going to switch to paid hosting and throw on some Google Adwords (which might change the layout a bit) and optimize it today.

Last edited:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how did you pay more for the website that has a flat rate of 9.99??

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Oxide said:
how did you pay more for the website that has a flat rate of 9.99??
Business / Private registration costs more. You'll notice when they say $9.99, it always has an asterisk beside it, meaning different types of registration have different prices. For example, if you buy with hosting, you can even get it for $1.99. There's also ICANN fees, and other things tacked on that they don't advertise directly.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
You might want to cut the menu image up to save reloading the whole thing every time you navigate. Other than that, nice design :up:

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diablo, try being a challenge and the domain name might get bored of attrACTION excessive attention.

:crackup:

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, since we're on topic, what do you guys think of the site design so far?

www.vssvoyager.com

Colors, look, layout, feel, style? Thanks for any input.
Well, the layout looks pretty good, but the coding sucks.

Nested tables are a big no-no when it comes to following web standards;you have tables inside of tables about 4 layers deep in your HTML. These days, you should use Cascading Style Sheets for layout as much as possible.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
I'm confused about something. You guys bought the domain name to sell it to Virgin, right?
My purpose is not to sell it. I really love space and the whole concept of space travel.

Pimp101 said:
You might want to cut the menu image up to save reloading the whole thing every time you navigate. Other than that, nice design :up:
Okay, I'll do that, you're right it would load quicker.

Page said:
Well, the layout looks pretty good, but the coding sucks.

Nested tables are a big no-no when it comes to following web standards;you have tables inside of tables about 4 layers deep in your HTML. These days, you should use Cascading Style Sheets for layout as much as possible.
I didn't know that. Well thanks, I'll look up "web standards" online to see how I can clean up the code using more CSS. I usually only use CSS for font styles and backgrounds - didn't know you could do layouts with it. Cool.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
I didn't know that. Well thanks, I'll look up "web standards" online to see how I can clean up the code using more CSS. I usually only use CSS for font styles and backgrounds - didn't know you could do layouts with it. Cool.
Glad I could help.

You'll be amazed with what you can do by floating stuff inside of DIV tags and/or being creative with margins and padding (remember, you can use negative values or even percentages on margins and padding, this lets you get away with a lot)

I usually define my layout styles and text styles in separate files, it makes problems easier to find.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't make it too good of a fan site or they just might let you keep it!!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
Yeah, they pretty much are. I think diablo's side of the story is a little sketchy. Here are screenshots of my account.
Of course you have screenshots; you registered it right after you noticed my thread and found that datacities was slow on registering the name. As for screenshots, I have them too... :rolleyes:

http://www.jbspencer.com/vss.jpg

(notice I registerd on 3-14, 10 days ago)
That's odd, since according to every domain whois site out there it shows it was "Created on: 24-Mar-07"

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=vssvoyager.com
http://whois.domaintools.com/vssvoyager.com
etc etc etc...

Your invoice shows that you paid for it on 3-24, which is also the same day you made this thread.
And it's also the same day you found the thread and noticed that the domain hadn't been taken up. Great powers of observation you have there...

I highly doubt that you were able to find exactly the right people to contact to sell your domain to in the same day.
If you read the thread, you'll note that I emailed the company - not that I recieved a response.

I paid for the domain before you did. I also paid MORE than you did.
You paid more for it because I paid less to only register the domain name. You apparently paid for hosting along with it, which would logically cost more. As for paying for it before me, I find it hard to believe that (even assuming that every website that can do a whois on the domain and show it as being registered on the 24th is wrong) you somehow came up with the idea 10 days ago, registered it, then I somehow came up with the same idea, registered it again, and then just happened to post about it in a forum that we just happened to both belong to. Then you just somehow find the thread and post in it hours after I give the details about my idea.

Like I said earlier, what you did was pretty underhanded and immature. It really doesn't matter because I've already submitted my detailed receipt including the time I registered the domain on the 24th to InterNIC. They've sent back a form letter stating that they will look into the matter and contact me when it's resolved. I look forward to that email.

Hyde

Don Juan
Reaction score
diablo said:
I find it hard to believe that (even assuming that every website that can do a whois on the domain and show it as being registered on the 24th is wrong) you somehow came up with the idea 10 days ago, registered it, then I somehow came up with the same idea, registered it again, and then just happened to post about it in a forum that we just happened to both belong to. Then you just somehow find the thread and post in it hours after I give the details about my idea.

Like I said earlier, what you did was pretty underhanded and immature. It really doesn't matter because I've already submitted my detailed receipt including the time I registered the domain on the 24th to InterNIC. They've sent back a form letter stating that they will look into the matter and contact me when it's resolved. I look forward to that email.
Okay, I'm going to be honest, somehow I find it hard to believe that either of you would try stealing the domain name right from under the other persons belt unless you have some sort of grudge with each other. Which, I'm sure you don't, otherwise you'd have probably banned attrACTION by now.

I think it's all a huge error between the companys that you reserved your domain name with. I think it's nothing more then irony that you two happen to post on the same forum (what are the chances?!).

Quick question. Doesn't it take two or three days for the registration to completely process when you register a new domain name? I purchased www.pwa-online.com once (I no longer own the site), and it took them three days to process something. We've concluded that Diablo registered this domain name on the same day that he posted this topic. On that same day, AttrACTION replied, telling the members to look at the site which he already had posted content on. That would mean that AttrACTION had already completed the registration process while Diablo was still waiting for his registration to be completely processed.