Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Im back

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSilverStarboyX

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
39
some of you may remember me as that little AFC SuaveStarman, but I have taken a break to do some training so to speak. Im nowhere near DJ, but i have gotten some more experience than i have. I got a gf over the summer so that helped(for kino, kissing, and C + F). but not of course the fact that she used me to make her friend jealous:mad:. I have been looking for a gf and i thought this would be the perfect place to come for tips.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Uhm... cheers?
 

XSilverStarboyX

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
Age
39
yea well i just wanted to let you guys know im trying a lot harder. a mod can lock this now
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by XSilverStarboyX
yea well i just wanted to let you guys know im trying a lot harder. a mod can lock this now
If you insist :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top