Im afraid im a sociopath

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I over reacted after reading an article...

I feel empathy and the pain of others quite well but I got a lot of personally traits that are findable in a sociopath.

Last edited:

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really think Im a sociopath.

I read a lot about it and almost everything makes me come to this conclusion.

How should I embrass this or am I over reacting...
Are you embarrassed about this, or do you want to embrace it?

I would try re-educating myself with Nicomachean Ethics. Good luck!

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're worried about it then you aren't. I know for sure I am, and I'm kinda glad too lol. But I've kinda 'learned' to be normal because I realized that remaining in that state of mind is very limiting. I only enter it when I need to.

These 'tendencies' you find are simply the ones that you learned here (because many of the characteristics in becoming a DJ is found in sociopaths), or are due to a lack of certain social skills. The biggest factor how you know you aren't is that you even said that you feel empathy and pain from others. I can choose at will whether or not I want to be able to feel what the other person feels, like a switch. Some sociopaths cannot feel no matter what, others are like me and are able to switch it on or off.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats, you are closer to making à différence in the world

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that all the sociopaths have checked in, I'd like to say that one thing this site can do for a man is to help him eliminate sociopathic tendencies and get him on track to becoming a balanced, effective man.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because you think you match a few traits does not make you a sociopath.

It seems that people now desire mental instability as if this makes you any more special. It doesn't. No you do not need to be a bit of a sociopath to be successful.

All you need is control over emotions and emphasis on logic.

Reaction score
If you're worried about it then you aren't. I know for sure I am, and I'm kinda glad too lol. But I've kinda 'learned' to be normal because I realized that remaining in that state of mind is very limiting. I only enter it when I need to.

These 'tendencies' you find are simply the ones that you learned here (because many of the characteristics in becoming a DJ is found in sociopaths), or are due to a lack of certain social skills. The biggest factor how you know you aren't is that you even said that you feel empathy and pain from others. I can choose at will whether or not I want to be able to feel what the other person feels, like a switch. Some sociopaths cannot feel no matter what, others are like me and are able to switch it on or off.
What do you do that is antisocial?

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sociopathy is really found in people void of empathy and it's biological. I don't believe you can do much about it, it's either you have it or not. I like a different idea though. You gotta learn how to incorporate your so-called "shadow" being in your personality that's normally dormant. I believe it's a Jungian term originally. In my opinion a lot of successful people have learned the full extent of their personalities by reaching in deep inside and embracing these bits and pieces of their psyche. The ruthless kind of people, the ones that will kill a person if he stands on one's way.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do that is antisocial?
That's a bad question. Sociopaths aren't necessarily antisocial despite the word being in the name of the disorder. They only use it because people with APD tend to not let people get super close to them if they get the chance to, and also because they're eventually found out in the end anyway so people don't like them anymore, which equates to a loss of friends/acquaintances. How could they have good social skills then? Well they don't necessarily do. They USUALLY prey on weakness, but other times they manipulate other ways.

Keyword: manipulate.

The problem with manipulation is that people will do as you say, but unwillingly. And after they listen to you, they will begin to resent you. What people like Ghandi and Hitler had was CHARM/CHARISMA. The art of charm is on a whole other level. Manipulation is fine with one-on-one type situations with people, but for a group it isn't. Charm on the other hand is much better in groups, especially because it gets people to do as you say WILLINGLY. People subconsciously read others through their body language and mannersisms whether they realize it or not (there are some exceptions). Well when they see someone reluctant, they will automatically think 'no' in regards to you. But if they see someone willingly listening to you, well they follow the pack. Not very many people are strong leader types to where they are able to resist the herd mentality, especially women since they tend to pick up on social cues better than men yet have less testosterone (test makes you care less about what others think). There's a lot more that goes into it.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sociopaths have a total disregard for other people. I.e. They don't have empathy. That fact that you feel bad for others rejects that hypothesis.

A sociopath is a person who gets caught doing something really bad or sees someone break a leg and says "that's too bad"

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sociopaths don't fear being sociopaths.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I over reacted after reading an article...
Any "news" article is written specifically to cause and emotional reaction. An article about sociopaths intends to do one of two things:

1) make the reader think he's a sociopath

2) make the reader think he's surrounded by sociopaths.

Articles about being a sociopath usually have very little to do with being a sociopath. EVERYBODY has sociopathic tendencies.

Not being a sociopath is overrated anyhow. Most love people love sociopaths so long as they can ride on the sociopath gravy train.