Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm a little bit down right now, what are some good ways to make real money without having to rely on others?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this, but why not. This is something of a long read.

For context, I'm 26 years old. I live at home with my parents in Delaware as of about 2 years ago once I moved back following a year of working out of state that didn't work out the way I'd hoped. Currently I have about $10,000 saved up and I have a stable part-time job where I'm paid $300/week under the table.

I recently got my real estate license and have been trying to do that, but I'm having some failures that are making me wonder if there's some avenue to success where I don't have to rely on others to follow through...

I had an 18 month contract with a modeling agency in New York where I got no work, granted I didn't live in NY at the time but I worked a part-time job with lots of flexibility and had a brother in the city I could stay with on a whim if I ever had to come up for work. Point is, they told me they needed me to be at a certain body fat, weight, measurements, hair, etc. Did all that, never got work.

I ran a Facebook ad agency business for a while where I didn't see much success. I could get results and DID get results for my part-time job when they asked me to advertise for them since I had these skills, but I couldn't get any small businesses to even agree to do a free trial run for testimonial purposes, so I shelved that after a year.

I tried the dropshipping thing through Shopify. Broke even on my first product but COVID hit and ruined the market in terms of being able to actually ship orders, so I couldn't stick with that and shelved that as well.

Got a bartending license over the summer with plans to bartend during beach season nearby. COVID ruined that one too by closing most of the bars and severely limiting them once they re-opened, therefore no need to hire for a reduced crown with a reduced staff.

Right now, having had my real estate license since November, all I've managed to do is close a rental referral that was basically spoon-fed to me by my sponsors. I have a few leads that I've been trying to help for a while now but most of the time they're slow to check my texts/calls/emails and I feel like I'm wasting my time. Most recently my grandma passed away and I'm trying to list her house. My dad was willing to repaint the home for staging at a reduced fee and I'm willing to eat a chunk of my commission because I want the experience more than I want the money. But his sister is the executor and she doesn't seem like she'll go with me...her husband had my dad do contract work several years ago and never paid him back.

I've also signed on with another talent agency that wants to market me as an actor so I've been attending classes regularly to nail down a monologue for an upcoming showcase in front of agents. That's the real dream and I'm hoping to do well on that so I can really live that dream.

The end goal is to accumulate enough money to open a daytrading account, for which I'll need to maintain a balance of $25,000 and learn to properly daytrade and make consistent profits daily so I REALLY won't have to rely on others.

I know this is a long read but I feel like most of the things I'm trying aren't sticking and I'm taking a lot of Ls. I don't really know what kind of answers I can expect here but like I legitimately thought to myself on my drive home today "maybe I should get into boxing, no teammates or anything, just a coach and everything would be on me".

Hopefully somebody has advice, I'll probably toss this one the advice Reddit sub as well in case somebody has insight there. If you read this the whole way through I thank you for your time and hope you'll leave some food for thought.

Thanks.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The end goal is to accumulate enough money to open a daytrading account, for which I'll need to maintain a balance of $25,000 and learn to properly daytrade and make consistent profits daily so I REALLY won't have to rely on others.
It's great that you're saving money for that, but you don't need that much to start. Most apps like IqOption has a training account where you have fake money and can try your strategies. The good thing about Binary Options is that you can make a lot with not much money. My tip for you tho is that you save this big money you can get to operate Forex instead, that's way more rentable and safe.

Perhaps sticking up with a average job until you get this money saved is the best option to begin with.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't do this. Nobody makes money daytrading, I don't care what they say, or how many courses they sell, no one makes any money doing it except perhaps 0.000001 percent that approach the market from a quantitative analytical approach who are intellectually gifted. ( I have been a stock broker and have probably 20,0000 hours of screen time if not more ) However if you want to charge 20% profit related charge on trading other peoples money - then you are making money but you are not a successful trader.

My advice - try and do something you enjoy that pays ok. Then turn it into a business. Don't make money your only goal. You would most likely end up rich at 60 years old and look back on your life and wished you'd done the things you enjoy instead.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's great that you're taking all these opportunities out there and trying them out. However I think you are delusional in thinking that you will be successful overnight in a lot of these opportunities. Nothing comes easy and you have to really work at it.

The most successful guys failed several times but stuck with it and through will power, luck, timing, and persistence, some of them became successful. The ones that haven't either gave up or didn't find ways to improve themselves.

My cousin started day trading 15 years ago. He hasn't had that much luck with it thinking that he'll make money like you do. He's made enough and invested in the right companies though to finally be able to live off his dividends and not work. However now that he has kids, his wife does have to work as his dividends do not bring in enough.

You don't need $25k to day trade if you trade with your IRA ROTH or trade on margins(it can be dangerous for amateurs though).

I'm a casual trader you can say and I've lucked out so far netting a 40% return in the course of a year. Right now I'm just trying to reinvest my earnings to increase my capital.

My suggestion would be to only use stock trading as a supplemental income or something you're going to be investing in and not taking out money to spend with. Also remember that Uncle Sam generally takes around 25% of their cut if you hold a stock less than a year. Around 15% after a year. So take that into account as well.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're attractive enough to be a model and an actor, then use your looks to your fullest advantage. Selling a product to women should not be that hard. Attractive people, both male and female, have it much easier at sales jobs. You just haven't had enough of those jobs to see it yet.

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You could be a regional airline pilot in 9 months, then work your way up. Pay sucks starting out but int’l pilots can make well into the six-figures. Well, you’d definitely have to rely on others for this but it looks fun as hell. Plus you’d probably get to bang flight attendants. If I were a younger man I would try this:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's great that you're saving money for that, but you don't need that much to start. Most apps like IqOption has a training account where you have fake money and can try your strategies. The good thing about Binary Options is that you can make a lot with not much money. My tip for you tho is that you save this big money you can get to operate Forex instead, that's way more rentable and safe.

Perhaps sticking up with a average job until you get this money saved is the best option to begin with.
Well daytrading is something I really want to get good at. I understand the idea of investing but I want to see that money much sooner than a few years or decades. I've been holding down a job for a while but I just really want to get the money together to move out of my parent's place and stay out.

Whatever you do don't do this. Nobody makes money daytrading, I don't care what they say, or how many courses they sell, no one makes any money doing it except perhaps 0.000001 percent that approach the market from a quantitative analytical approach who are intellectually gifted. ( I have been a stock broker and have probably 20,0000 hours of screen time if not more ) However if you want to charge 20% profit related charge on trading other peoples money - then you are making money but you are not a successful trader.

My advice - try and do something you enjoy that pays ok. Then turn it into a business. Don't make money your only goal. You would most likely end up rich at 60 years old and look back on your life and wished you'd done the things you enjoy instead.
Well I don't like the fact that I'm 26 years old and living with my parents. I went out and worked a job that I thought would be "it" a few years ago, but it didn't look like something that would work long-term so now I'm here. I'm not necessarily trying to just follow the money, but I DO want to have enough wealth where I'm not worried about expenses and can afford to live somewhere nice where I want to be. Somewhere warm and fun, while I'm still young.

As for daytrading, I'm perfectly aware of how many people lose money. I'm also perfectly aware of the fact that most people are gambling as daytraders. I wouldn't look to get rich quick. I would look to make consistent profits of a few hundred dollars a day and just close out my positions and step away while I'm up. I've read up on the pitfalls; I have a brother and sister who use Robinhood and they think they're doing real well when their stocks are up, but they don't have a target and are just letting their money ride. I imagine they'll let it sit there until it starts going too low and eventually take a loss because they don't know what they're looking for.

For one thing stick with something for longer. Your Real Estate License is a key to a gateway for lots of commissions. Get out and meet people. Do the Dirty Jobs. represent buyers, make referrals. call prospects. Everyone is a RE agent these days. It isn't going to be any easier for you.
I'm not giving up on real estate or anything, I just need a win somewhere. I feel like I'm fighting to find a way out of my current situation but I keep getting knocked back a few steps every time I think I'm making progress. I agree that I should stick with things longer sure, but I also don't want to invest too much time and energy into something that I'm wasting my time or won't ever see a proper return on.

If you're attractive enough to be a model and an actor, then use your looks to your fullest advantage. Selling a product to women should not be that hard. Attractive people, both male and female, have it much easier at sales jobs. You just haven't had enough of those jobs to see it yet.
I agree. And if it weren't for COVID I imagine I would be at open houses and doing what I do best - talking to people. One benefit to pickup is that I'm basically immune to rejection and I can have a good conversation with anyone. The problem with that now is that I'm restricted to messages, emails, and phone calls. The few times that I have met with somebody in person we're only really looking at half a face.

You could be a regional airline pilot in 9 months, then work your way up. Pay sucks starting out but int’l pilots can make well into the six-figures. Well, you’d definitely have to rely on others for this but it looks fun as hell. Plus you’d probably get to bang flight attendants. If I were a younger man I would try this:
Thanks for the recommendation. Honestly my mom worked for Delta for a few decades as a flight attendant. That job was always in my back pocket as like the ultimate backup...Personally I wouldn't mind the schedule or anything but I've always really hated flying. I could never fall asleep on long flights so I'd just be bored and uncomfortable in a chair for 9 hours, and I'd always have to chew gum otherwise I couldn't pop my ears at altitude and would end up with partial deafness and ear aches for days after if I couldn't. I also have a fear of flying, not the irrational "I'm gonna die if I get on this" but if something WERE to happen, I hate the idea of knowing you're doomed for several minutes until you finally impact the ground or succumb to an engine fire or something. But it is an idea.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a little bit down right now, what are some good ways to make real money without having to rely on others?
As an alternative to be your "own boss"; If you are interested in technology and such then running your own niche (blog) site could be an alternative and monetize it through Google Adsense and affiliate advertising etc. Income School does a tremendous job at explaining how to actually do it.
Their website: https://incomeschool.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/IncomeSchool/

But don't be fooled to think it will be easy. It will require lots of your dedication and hard work to make it a success. But it is a real possibility if you take it seriously and provide great value on your website.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microgreens.

Low risk with a small initial investment ($500).

Potential high rewards ($10,000/month) or greater.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn a skilled trade by pursuing an apprenticeship....You'll get paid well while you learn and when you become a journeyman you can use your time and money as you wish.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, long time no "see" I remember you from a while back when i first joined this forum lol...This post hit home well because im in the same situation, but i am working towards my computer programming career and to get a job / build a business. There is a lot of money to be made as a programmer, tons of job opportunities. Maybe look into that?