Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm 38, and I'm still living at home with my parents

Luis_Rancagua

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who is 38-years old and still lives at home with his parents. What's so sad about this story is that he's a successfull software analyst whose making $95-100-thousans a year. Has a Master's degree in computer science (practically a software burnout). He drives an expensive Jaguar. He has no life outside his work, and worst of all he has no women in his life. In fact, women do not go near this guy. Is there something wrong with this guy???? Would you say that this guy is a loser????

Furthermore, when we are at a bar or night club, he has the tendency of glacing at women in a perverted manner. The guy has no social skills. Perhaps this guy has spend too much time at school rather than having a social life. What's so irritating about him is that he's always trying to be the nice guy women. Unfortunately, women do not like nice guys.

CrazyGuy

Banned
Reaction score
Luis_Rancagua said:
I have a friend who is 38-years old and still lives at home with his parents. What's so sad about this story is that he's a successfull software analyst whose making $95-100-thousans a year. Has a Master's degree in computer science (practically a software burnout). He drives an expensive Jaguar. He has no life outside his work, and worst of all he has no women in his life. In fact, women do not go near this guy. Is there something wrong with this guy???? Would you say that this guy is a loser????

Furthermore, when we are at a bar or night club, he has the tendency of glacing at women in a perverted manner. The guy has no social skills. Perhaps this guy has spend too much time at school rather than having a social life. What's so irritating about him is that he's always trying to be the nice guy women. Unfortunately, women do not like nice guys.
Amazing how you are posting about YOUR friends life problem,what about your life,maybe he is happy doing what his doing.And women do like nice guys go read my thread!

P.S. Why are you asking us about your friend's problems?What about YOU talk with your friend how you feel.Im pretty sure posting on a internet forum wont change anythang :)

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your friend isn't asking for help then butt out of his life.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why "World of Warcraft" is such a popular game.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
ROTFLMFAO!!!:crackup:

Sorry fella, but since this is your first post I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

bauer_23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
there is such a thing as playing warcraft and still having a social life ;) However , I agree..most of the people on world of warcraft are social rejects and there for a reason.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ORTIZ SANCHEZ said:
38 and still with his parents wow
They have a high speed Internet connection...

Last edited:

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SonOfTheMostHigh said:
Either way I can't see how he can be that unhappy he has all the makings of a good provider and sounds like a decent guy, so what if he's AFC you have to respect a guy who didn't royally f-ck up his life financially and has got a serious career drive and a passionate ambition to learn.

I'm sure with all that money he could afford a workshop with mystery or badboy. If you want to help him point him in the direction of the pickup community or give him a copy of "the game" by neil strauss.

Mystery and Badboy? Are you kidding me? Or a copy of "the game" by Neil Strauss?

LOL.

The dude is VERY DEPENDENT. That's the issue here. And women need INDEPENDENT men. Especially if he is dealing with 30+ year old women. And I will tell you more...if he is looking for women in their 20s...I'm sure a woman in her 20s that wants to date a man that is 38...would do that under the assumption that he is an Independent man.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
NOTE: Is this a "DJ" forum? ...And "men" acceptiong "bi" sexuality. ... Is this a clear illustration on what some people consider "DJ"?
You've outlined your "acceptable terms" for a 3-way. You made it seem like it wasn't ok for the women to interact with each other because they were both there to "please the man". If that's your take, it's a safe to assume that you haven't had many menage a threes.

The term "bi" is used loosely around here and in society in general. It's like calling a chick a slvt: just because a chick has interactions with another woman on occasion doesn't mean that she goes either way. Just because a woman has been slvtty doesn't mean she's a slvt. Hotness is hotness, so if a woman just goes with it... it's cool with me. I'm all for "no-holds-barred" debauchery.

I have more of a "fun for everyone" and "chicks are hot, so what's the problem with chicks being into chicks?" philosophy. Honestly, what is the problem with the chick I'm banging doggy munching some carpet at the same time? I'm comfortable with it because, quite actually, she's warming up the next chick for me: that is cooperation and teamwork, not some sort of attack on my manhood.

Being a DJ is different for everyone. Open-mindedness or closed-mindedness doesn't qualify you or disqualify you from being a DJ.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be a Cultural thing.

But let's not kid ourselves. Masculinity does not have "ifs" or "buts".

We are either masculine or we are not. We are either capable of satisfying our partners...or we are not.

There is not such a thing as "bisexualism". The person is either homosexual, heterosexual, or confused. Most men that engage in "bisexualism" are actually trying to cover the fact that they are homosexual. Lesbian women would feel repugnant if they engage in a sexual relation with a man. And today's "bisexualism" is not other thing that women being frustrated by sexually incapable men. To the point that they seek sexual gratification from another woman.

Everytime I engage in sexual intimacy with my partner...I leave her exhausted. I just cannot phantom a woman gathering enough energy as to then engage in intimacy with another person (men or woman)...especially, after I'm done with her. I just don't see it. If you understand the woman orgasm...you will know that it takes a lot more energy from a woman to reach a STRONG orgasm, than it takes a man. Especially if you manage for her to get multiple.

I have been involved in a 3-some and I was involved in a group thing too. And none involved women doing each other. I would have felt offended if a woman (after I was done with her) would have gone to do another woman. Or if the woman is paying attention to another woman...while I was doing her.
At this stage of my life, I view that as impossibility...I typically have my partner biting me and scratching me and pulling my hair.

That's how I was raised in my culture. And that's how I define masculinity and manhood (sexually speaking).

I do realize that I tend to push my values when it comes to "Manhood". But that's the nature of this forum. I view this place as one in which we define what is manhood and try to share that with others.

Note: If a woman acts slutty...then she is a slvt. If a man acts gay...then he is gay.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is cultural, to be honest if I worked near where my parents lived and I was single, hell yeah I would live at home. 100k a year would be like 300k a year if you didn't have to pay all the bills.

In alot of cultures, it would actually be insulting to the parents if you didn't live with them and you could.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comote said:
This is cultural, to be honest if I worked near where my parents lived and I was single, hell yeah I would live at home. 100k a year would be like 300k a year if you didn't have to pay all the bills.

In alot of cultures, it would actually be insulting to the parents if you didn't live with them and you could.

Maybe he has to pay the bills. Or portion of the bills.

Doing otherwise would be USING the parents and abusing the parents. Don't you agree?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
Maybe he has to pay the bills. Or portion of the bills.

Doing otherwise would be USING the parents and abusing the parents. Don't you agree?
I don't think that couples have children expecting that they would live with them for their natural lives (even if the bills are shared). Usually people buy parrots for very long term companionship.

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even if you pay a portion of the bills it is still nothing compared with paying your own way.

Consider is modern day housing prices in DC for example. Housing prices are getting to the point that Miidle class 20 and 30 somethings are out of the market.

When a 1 bedroom condo costs 250k(Going by DC prices) and prices are stalling as they are, who would want to buy. Renting, paying 1500 a month to rent, hell no. I would live at home if it was an option.

By the way some parents do expect there children to live at home if it's the best option. My parents would expect me to if I still lived in the area and didn't own my own place. They would be insulted that I would rather rent than live with them.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comote said:
Even if you pay a portion of the bills it is still nothing compared with paying your own way.

Consider is modern day housing prices in DC for example. Housing prices are getting to the point that Miidle class 20 and 30 somethings are out of the market.

When a 1 bedroom condo costs 250k(Going by DC prices) and prices are stalling as they are, who would want to buy. Renting, paying 1500 a month to rent, hell no. I would live at home if it was an option.

By the way some parents do expect there children to live at home if it's the best option. My parents would expect me to if I still lived in the area and didn't own my own place. They would be insulted that I would rather rent than live with them.
So...the Man of your house would be your dad.

Listen...prices are crazy. Especially in D.C. But if you are making $100K+ per year and you are driving a Mercedez Benz...I'm sure you can pay a 250K condo.

But milking your parents (while you are saving your money) is NOT the American way of doing thing. Sure...Asian families do that...expecting their children would eventually care for them.

The thing is...if you cannot afford housing in D.C...then move to the suburbs or move to another state.

Living with Dad and Mom is not a Manly thing. It is in fact, a Kids thing.