"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

"I'll call you"

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
How many of you guys have gotten this from a girl? Have you usually waited for her to call you, or have you just gone ahead and just called her whenever you want? I'm not saying you'll be sitting around the phone waiting for her to call, but at the same time, I hate when she says that because it sort of puts the ball into her court, and she can either call or not call, and if you call before she does, it makes you look all desperate or whatever, when you actually just enjoy talking to her.

Tell me your experiences with this guys.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
ya, she said she'd call, and she never did.

next time i saw her 2 days later in class, i just acted like nothing happened.
she was the one who brought it up by saying, " i'm sorry i didnt call you the other day, i had to study."

that's ok, i was at a (insert event) the other night w/ a bunch of friends n e way.

she just said, "oh" and turned back around.

after class that night, she called me up. we talked for about 10 minutes, and i told her i had to go. (didnt really)

she asked me if i wanted to do something this weekend, and i told her "maybe, just call me"
she ended up calling me fri afternoon, and we hung out that weekend on sat
 

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
1,385
Reaction score
11
Location
Australia
look at the positive side of it

if she calls you she is interested in you

if she doesn't call you SHE IS DOING YOU A FAVOUR, it means her interest levels are low and she would just be wasting your time anyways.

you should not be sweating this....

you should be having other girls on the line so you are working on other plans

DO NOT CALL HER

just keep meeting new women and making new plans


Lost In Translation
**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**
 

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
20
Location
CAN-NUH-DUH
If she calls.... good

If she doesn't call... good


You don't have to do anything.


Just don't wait around for her to call; and don't expect her to call, either.

When they say that, it usually isn't a good thing.



The Bad Ass Canadian
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
There's a girl at my work that I've been flirting with for a few months. Last week it was just the two of us working alone one night and we talked a lot and I think we both dropped hints that we were interested in each other. I'm generally a shy guy and she knows it, but still seems interested.

Yesterday I did the unthinkable (for me) and asked if she was working on Thursday and that if not we should get some coffee. She wasn't sure if she was working and told me to check her schedule. I went to the break room, couldn't find her name on it and told her. She remembered that somebody told her she was working but didn't say what hours. I suggested that she give me her number but she declined and asked for mine instead.

That was the first time in my life that I have done that. I have next to no experience with girls so I think things went well but I'm not certain. Anybody thinks she'll call? If not what do I do when I see her at work?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2003
Messages
1,652
Reaction score
20
Location
CAN-NUH-DUH
Originally posted by Maxtro
There's a girl at my work that I've been flirting with for a few months. Last week it was just the two of us working alone one night and we talked a lot and I think we both dropped hints that we were interested in each other. I'm generally a shy guy and she knows it, but still seems interested.

Yesterday I did the unthinkable (for me) and asked if she was working on Thursday and that if not we should get some coffee. She wasn't sure if she was working and told me to check her schedule. I went to the break room, couldn't find her name on it and told her. She remembered that somebody told her she was working but didn't say what hours. I suggested that she give me her number but she declined and asked for mine instead.

That was the first time in my life that I have done that. I have next to no experience with girls so I think things went well but I'm not certain. Anybody thinks she'll call? If not what do I do when I see her at work?

She declined to give you her #..... She definitley won't call.

I'll bet money on it.

The Bad Ass Canadian
 

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
3,198
Reaction score
31
Location
Kalifornicatia
Really, even though we've known each other for about 5 months?

What’s weird is that before my ex (who was my first and only GF and also a coworker) and I got together she also refused to give me her number and asked for mine instead. I’ve never asked for anybody else’s number except for these two times. So I’m confused. I guess I’ll hope for the best but I won’t expect her to call.
 

Allen

New Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Ptown
I have a similar question but from a different angle. After a good conversation with this HB9 I'm dating there was a awkward pause (damn it!) then I said I'd call her in a couple of days. Should I have even said that? I figure I should've just said bye but that this was better then nothing. My IL is high so I will call her though-
 

bfl

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
642
Reaction score
1
if u said ull call in a couple of days then just call her up in a couple days to see how she doing and set up a date, is very simple
 

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2004
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
in my experience, it seems like girls sya theyll call all the time, and their IL might be very high but they still wont call

basiclaly, dont rely on a girl to call because they never do anyway, if she doesnt i wouldnt count that as a specific 'disinterested' move
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
DO NOT ASSUME.

Girls are all different dudes, you should all know that by now.

One girl may not give you a call back because she isn't interested and that's her way of saying no.
Another girl may not call you because her mom just got in a car crash and she has more important things to think about.
Another girl may not call you but is interested in going out with you but she wants you to be more persistant to show that you do enjoy her presence.
 

SageOFAllenAge

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Yeah i went with 'persistence' & i got the girl (eventually) but the whole episode was a ......headache & a heartache , but IMO its better to run them through anti-dump's machine. Less of a headache that way.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by The Bad Ass Canadian
If she calls.... good

If she doesn't call... good


You don't have to do anything.


Just don't wait around for her to call; and don't expect her to call, either.

When they say that, it usually isn't a good thing.



The Bad Ass Canadian
I agree with the everything up to the "don't expect her to call." Having expectations does suck but then again, don't feel bad if she flakes on you. Don't feel bad because you chose to deal with a flake. One of the main things that Doc Love says is "Only deal with women with integrity." If she flakes, so be it. At least you know but never EVER sweat over it.
 

Zonder

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
122
Reaction score
1
Location
Boogie Street
When chicks say they'll call you they are trying to tell you not to call them and hope you'll get the hint. I've only had 1-2 exceptions and that's only when the chicks were very inexperienced.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

becker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
4
Good point, I think you've hit the nail on the head in general on that one. However, I have had a girl call me back before when she said she was going to, so it's not a total blanket rule.

The key is to get a feel for what she's trying to say. Usually there are enough hints, but either way it will be somewhat cryptic unfortunately. Girls are such scaredycats.
 

Elevenbravo

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
michigan
meh, i dont give a girl my number really. I get hers and give her the "Ill call you" and I do usually.
 

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2002
Messages
3,956
Reaction score
16
Location
Land of the Ruins
LIT and Bad Ass Canadian have it right

.
 
Top