"I'll call you right back," but no call. Next move?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I finally grabbed my balls and called the blond chick I've been sweating...she answered and sounded excited to hear from me. We exchanged pleasantries, then she was like, "Can I call you right back in like 15-20?" and I told her yes. It's been about 3 hours. :(

My first impulse is NEXT, but I've seen this before, where a girl has said she'd call me right back, but didn't...then was disappointed that I never called back.

Then again, I called another girl later on tonight and she pulled the same ****, but called RIGHT back and showed decent IL.

I don't know whether to take this as a sh*t-test (I wouldn't be surprised knowing the girl), or a genuine sign of dis-interest.

So what do I do?

-Next
-Call back tonight
-Call back later in the week

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, from experience ... it's REALLY low interest.

but a million things coulda happened and knowing girls, they NEVER call back...

so I say, call back later in the week.

GHOST

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happened to me before when I was inviting a girl to a party, she never called back and never showed up. Made me kind of mad, but I really could care less; there's always more people who do have the consideration to call back.

NoMore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience it means low IL. When I have let that sh1t slide and called them back later, they usually end up wanting to be friends. But then again, that seems to be something I get alot.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can't honestly say if it's a sh!t test or not. And even if it IS low interest, you might be able to raise that interest in the future.

So what I suggest: Don't call her for about two weeks or so. She might call you before then, maybe not. But in two weeks, just call her and set something definitive up. Act totallly confident. Be totally confident.

'Till then, chat up that chick who DID call you back. It's the other chick's loss, after all. Not yours.

Peace -E-Z

HappyHobo

Banned
Reaction score
f*CK that call back in a few weeks sh*t. If a girl needs to call you back or whatever, it probably means you spend 2 much time "talking" and not using the phone just to set up dates.
She's probably thinking, "okay he called me to talk, it might take a while but i have to do something, ill tell him i will call him back later."

But with the situation you are in right now, i would say call her back whenever the f*ck you want. Ask her what was up and why she didn't call back and then just tell her that you just wanted to meet up with her, but if shes busy(which she kind of sounds like) then just forget about it and show somebody else to a goodtime.

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by HappyHobo
f*CK that call back in a few weeks sh*t. If a girl needs to call you back or whatever, it probably means you spend 2 much time "talking" and not using the phone just to set up dates.
She's probably thinking, "okay he called me to talk, it might take a while but i have to do something, ill tell him i will call him back later."

But with the situation you are in right now, i would say call her back whenever the f*ck you want. Ask her what was up and why she didn't call back and then just tell her that you just wanted to meet up with her, but if shes busy(which she kind of sounds like) then just forget about it and show somebody else to a goodtime.
Well no sh!t. That sounds familiar....

I agree about the 'too much time talking'. I'm ASSUMING (since he made the effort to effin post about it) that he would LIKE to do this girl. I'm just giving him a general time frame. W3rd.

Peace- -E-Z

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Base your actions on her actions. If she says that she will call right back and does, no harm, no foul. But if she says that she will call and doesn't, she's breaking one of the character traits of a good woman, integrity. Don't waste your time on her. If she chooses to pursue you, go back to basing your actions on hers.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop calling girls tonight. Its friday nite. They are all getting ready to go out or looking to do something, and they'll pretend they have something going on even when they don't.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless some trauma came up its almost 99% low IL.. :) sorry, next her.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it was Mr. Anti-Dump who said:

"Call/send email once you dont have interest on her"

Rawk Steady

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't stick hard and fast to all DJ rules, I use my instincts on some situations. But, I do always stick to the rules that if I call twice and get voicemail, and have left a message, then that's it I delete the number. And, if a girls says let me call you right back then dosen't, I delete her number. I don't second guess myself. And, getting other numbers works wonders. A situation like you had will sting for a bit, but once you get another 2 numbers she will be forgotten. Next!

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont sweat it.....i say dont call her again until you see her in person. Make sure you keep things nice and funny when you are around her. Dont act like a baby because she did;nt call.

You had the ball and threw it to her....she kept it. Game over

You can always re start the game if you want. I would. Just because she did'nt call you back does mean Low IL....it could mean she was just busy or had other shyt going on.

good luck dude..keep us posted

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i am home, just me and the flu, so ill answer a few ?'s tonight

-
depending on how well you know her (trying to know her, or been on a lot of dates)
let her call you back if youve been on a lot of dates or dont really care about her

if you dont really know her that well say:
she-let me call you back in 4 mins
you- nah, its cool, i gotta run, ill just call you tommorow"

then call back in 1-2 days

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this girl has moderate IL but she is playing games with you

maybe its just me but i like to book plans ahead of time at the beggining of the relationship if at all possible

call again, rush the phone call, find out when SHE is free, pick a day, say goodbye.

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
"can i call you right back?"

"no, this will only take a minute. I'm going to xxxx tomorrow and I wanted to invite you along. Wanna go?"

yes = date
no/maybe = next
counteroffer = "no, I'm doing xxxx tomorrow. We can do yyyy next week"

this works too
if you dont really know her that well say:
she-let me call you back in 4 mins
you- nah, its cool, i gotta run, ill just call you tommorow"
but don't

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
u should have told her that she cant.

cuz ur gonna be 'busy' then. keep it short and sweet.

Eyecandie4ya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With this situation , I would call back about a week or two later just to see if she pull this same bullsh!t again. If she does it then that's when you next her.

You should be talking to other HB so that this one won't matter as much. Ya feel me?

Peace