Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you're starting a bootcamp now (come here)

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Week1 Day 10,11,12,13 and 14
Day 13 and 14 haven't been done yet but the reason im posting them now is because Im sick so I wont be able to DJ I started getting sick on Day 8 thats why haven't done much I feel really lazy about it(also bad mood).
I got my 5 last hi's so ive hit my 50 mark and also hope im well by monday for week 2.
Im gonna use satur/sunday to fanatically read the Bible then i'll be rearing to go on monday that is if im well.

Jango

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's got a point Cestmoi, don't make me keep my promises...

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Walden
He's got a point Cestmoi, don't make me keep my promises...
Hey hey I haven't quit :), I am still here. I did finish week 1, but it didn't work for me. I mean I am still paralyzed before every single Hi. It didn't get easier after those 50 something Hi's. I mean suddenly trying to expand my comfort zone didn't do anything! I still have just as much trouble saying Hi as I did when I started. So I'm just modifying the program to make it a smoother transition. Small steps have always worked better for my expadning comfort zones. I was instead in the past several days as I said approaching people with different reasons so I can break the paralysis down (asking for the time mostly, and sometimes directions). About 60 times did that. I mean it almost made me sick to my stomach - just approach after an approach. So that kinda was to get me ready for going at the Hi's again.

Like I said "don't ever give up the bootcamp!" and I apply this to myself. I am not giving up, I am just slagging behind :), I still am saying Hi to people every day but I do it on my terms and SLOWLY increasing the number.

But I guess I could keep a detailed journal of the stuff I do here too so everyone can see how I'm taking it.

So here's what I did today (3.7.2003):

On the way to a friend's house I asked for the time (lame but it works :) ) about 10 people (1 an HB) . Just before his building I said Hi to a man seating down on a chair next to a store (he looked at me kinda funny - no reply). Chilled with the friend for 2 hours and then went for home. On the way I asked the time from 3 people (2 elderly 1 young). Said 1 hi to a girl from the neighbourhood I've seen alot (before I never had the guts) and when meeting a friend who was with 3 of of his friends I introduced myself to all of them (i never would have done this before)

That about it! But tommorow I will try doing the bootcamp the hard way again and try to see if it will work this time. I never give up! I am persistant and try again and again and again. So wish me luck tommorow. I hope this 3rd go at week 1 will be successfull.

(4.7.2003) Day 1 (Deja vu?)

I haven't gone out of home until going to the gym. Asked for the time 2 people on the way. Said Hi to 4 people in the gym (never seen them before) and said good evening to two different men and one woman in a store on the way home.

I'm only counting the 2 guys since I ussualy always say hi in the Gym anyway. So currently I stand at 2 Hi's. Here we go again :)

Tommorow I will make a special outing especially for doing Hi's so...

Last edited:

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, so that means I'm the only one without 50 Hi's? Don't leave me !!!!!!!!!!!! I got 32 and I'm planning to get some more soon hopefully

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Week 2 Day 1
Finally reached week 2, still feel sick and again bad hair day I decided ive been sick long enough so went out into town today.
All I got was 1 convo out of 2 americain tourists.
They needed help so I decided to help them out, got talking with with wife, husband went away to get train tickets. I asked were she came from and what she's doing all the way over here and stuff like that.
Convo went on for about 10-15 because husband didn't know where to get the tickets even though I told him where. At end I wished them a good trip and thanked me for my help then left.
I think tomorrow will go better b/c ive dyed my hair and feel better already.

P.S I finally know what some guys here said about don't think when you talk because I sort of screwed the convo up a bit.

Week 2 Day 2
I couldn't get any convo's going still feel a little weird to just go up to someone and talk so, instead I got 8 hi's b/c im still not very comfortable saying hi to strangers

Week 2 Day 3
Today was quiet a weird one, I had a feeling that ive never felt before. I was happy but, also not sad but, felt good I cant describe it. Here's my report got a couple of hi's today(don't know how many exactly) and got into a convo with two girls I like but, don't really count b/c there not strangers.
Not much progress but I think it was a good day.

Jango

Last edited:

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work guys , keep up with that sht.

Cetsmoi , you can totally do this man , go out and get that 50 just tell yourself you wont go home untill you've nailed 50.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2 (Deja vu?)

Hehe I'm so proud of myself this day :D

I had been riling myself up for this that when I went out and went to the gym I saw the most unapproachable HB enter. She the meanest (don't approach me I'll shoot) look on her face. And I don't know why, but probably because I must have said "do it now!" a 100 times to myself in the morning. I just did. Just do it! Lol I approacher her with a Hi. She didn't answer and turned her head to the other side. I didn't want to let it be like this so I continued asking some questions for about 2 minutes and in the whole time she replied short with turning her back to me. I said "**** it" and continued excercising. But later she approached me while I was on some machine and started chatting with me. After that I got into a strange mood where I just went around the gym saying stuff to everyone (small senseless comments). On my way out out of no reason (guess the "do it now") thing I started a convo with some guy for about 5 good minutes. (proteins, excercises - usual gym stuff). On the way back I felt like I must not miss this opportunity. To use my current momentum. But on the way home I encountered only 3 couples. I asked the time from 2 of them. I noticed also that I did much more confidently. With every next time I get more "inf your face" I used to almost avert eye contact and get their attention with a weak voice and hand gestures. Now I had much stronger and confident voice and was more assertive. Well since I saw no HBs I needed to go home. BUT NO I can't quit I said to myself as I toured the block a few more times, but no luck. I called it quits then and went home. Too bad coz I really had it going in me from the gym experience.

So the total is 3 HI's and 2 convos. I'm kinda combining both weeks. Yeah I know lame but I never had problems with convos or even approaching HBs as I do just saying Hi to them. Weird.
Well tonight I'm going out to town on a date. And I'll talk a walk (30 minutes one direction) instead of the car so I can use up the opportunity for throwin in those HI's to HBs.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good work man.

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back!

Hey guys, I'm back! I've been on vacation for about a week.
Did some boot camping today and yesterday. Here goes. :)

Week 1, day 11

Hi'd a HB7 without EC, she smiled back.
Hi'd a guy on the bus, hi'd back.

Total number of hi's is 35

Week 1, day 12

Hi'd HB6 in the supermarket hi'd back, hi'd two HB6's at the library, didn't hi back. Hi'd a HB6 on a bike, no hi back.

Total number of hi's is 39

I notice that allthough i don't hi much each day it gets more natural. Today I unlocked my bike at the supermarket, turned around and immediately hi'd the HB6 that suddenly appeared. In earlier days I often choked when I someone suddenly appeared.

Anyway, still 11 hi's to go! I'm gonna finish this thing as soon as possible, and start week 2! :)

Week 1, day 13

Today went well, 9 hi's. I went out yesterday night and hi'd a HB7 walking down the stairs, hi'd back.

I went to the city today. When I was cycling a girl passed me, I didn't say hi. I thought, wait, I'll catch her up at the traffic lights, so I stopped near her and hi'd, she hi'd back. :)
In the city I hi'd 7 girls, mostly HB6's and HB7's. All except two didn't say anything back. Saying hi goed quite easy right now, although I must say that it's a bit awkward when you're hiying all over the place and no one says anything back.

Total number of hi's is 48

Well, only two more hi's to go! :D

Silk

Last edited:

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well sorry for not updating guys but I had to go to a wedding last friday in a small town and I stayed there till yesterday. But let me tell you guys! Small towns rock! I mean every girl there looks just as good as the best HBs in big cities BUT the guys look like farmer boys with no style. So with my best DJ look I felt like king. I realy stood out and all eyes were on me. I was walking the streets making my two sexy cousins laugh (social proof) and greeting everyone! I did alot of making out in the clubs and it was pure money! I am defintely going back again there. Great experience! Even though I had to pause the bootcamp for 3 days, it was well worth it!

But then I returned (monday morning and resumed BC) On with the bootcamp then:

Day 3 (Wohoo):

Well yesterday was real sweet. I greeted 3 people on the way to the mall. In the mall I saw an HB that had shown interest in me in the past, but I missed the chance to approach her (choke). Then I got 2 more hi's. And I went toward the gym when I got a convo with a couple (their approach). And in the gym 1 hi. On the way home I got 2 more hi's. Total: 8 Hi's, 1 convo

Day 4 (Not Bad):
Well today I got 3 hi's (I know sad) on the way to a friend. BUT those 2 HI's weren't by me. They Hi'ed me first (strange) and no they weren't even dateable girls. Elderly women actually. And on the way home I got 2 more Hi's. Then I went to the gym and got a short convo with 1 guy (staff-working there). Total: 5 Hi's and 1 Convo

Ok here's the bad part. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM REPLIED BACK. NOT ONE!!! Why are people so cold? Not even smiling helps. Nothing. They're just suspicious. It must be because of all those sects going around! **** them!

Full total: 16 Hi's and 4 convos. Which is pretty good considering I am combining the two weeks. A rigid program didn't work for me so I just do the best that I can. I don't follow numbers. I've found that I can only say those Hi's when I'm not forcing myself, only when they come out naturally. So I think I will end up after these two (modified to suit me) weeks with barely 50 hi's but ALOT more convos then needed.

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1, day 14

I finished Week 1! It actually took me two weeks to finish it, but I I'm glad that I reached the magical number of 50 hi's and didn't chicken out half-way through like I did before. You guys really helped me get through this by recording your own progress and encouraging me. Thanks! :)

About the two hi's, I hi'd a HB8 with EC in the library, no reply. And half an hour ago I hi'd an HB7 with EC, she hi'd back. :)

Well, time to read the boot camp articles for Week 2 and get going! :D

Silk

Rahul

Don Juan
Reaction score
First crack at the boot camp...

I was originally going to start one last week but put it off until this week. This morning I said to myself "oh no, I haven't gone on the internet and looked at the boot camp articles, I guess I'll just wait until next week" but then as I was leaving the university I thought "**** it, if I put it off until next week who knows if I'll ever get around to it?" so I started it right then and there.

Walking down the stairs leading to the main parking lot (if any of you know UW it's the Lakemont parking lot) I said hi to 5 people.

The first one was a nerdy looking dude that had really shifty eyes, I looked at him and said hi and he looked at me like I was from another planet. Oh well, (btw the first 'hi' was the hardest, after that one the rest came much easier)

The second one was just a normal looking guy that was at the bottom of the stairs, I said hi and then got a hurried and gruff hi in response (like it was some kind of sin to say hi to a stranger?)

The third 'hi' was to some asian dude that was just walking along, he just nodded his head.

The fourth 'hi' was to this fat girl as I got to the parking lot, she looked surprised but smiled at me like she wanted to jump on my balls and said hi back (I guess she wasn't really expecting the attention?)

The fifth 'hi' was to a guy that was getting out of his car as I approached mine, he nodded his head and went along his business.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That dreaded week 1 :)

Well I was gonna report back here with a detailed report (I do have one for every day on the comp), but am too lazy right now to translate it all.

Well I finished with my first 2 weeks and it was as I expected. I got the convos easily (18) for the 10 needed. But only got 16 additional Hi's. I'm kinda like in week 3 (maybe even 4) but still haven't finished week 1 :rolleyes:

Well I will continue doing what I'm doing. BTW in these past 2 weeks i've grown alot DJ-wise, but not from the bootcamp. It was from befriending alot of people and going out alot. And I didn't follow any kind of a program. I just spontaneosly did it. Picked up a few numbers on the way even though I didn't really want any.

This will not stop me from doing the bootcamp. I just can NOT let Walden down. He was a great support to me.

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 2

Hey guys,

I want to start week 2 this week. I had an exam last week from last year, a re-exam, I don't know how you call it in english, anyway I studied a lot last week. This week everybody starts studying again and so I wanted to start Week 2 today.

Today I couldn't get myself to just go out and talk to some stranger. There are a lot of people walking in and around the university buildings so that would be a lot of oppurtunities. Yet I didn't feel like talking to them. Maybe it will be easier at first if I'm someplace near somebody and I start a convo instead of doing a cold approach on people walking or standing around. I guess I also need a mental boost. You know what, I'm gonna read Waldens boot camp journal right now :)

cestmoi: congratulations for finishing Week 2!

Silk

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wassup peeps?I got problems talkin to ppl like everyone else and I cant read the DJ bible for whateva reason..it just dont work but I guess I do get this boot camp thing. Anyways in 3 weeks Ill either have a g/f or I'll be "heartbroken" for a lil while and well so im startin some boot camp thing tomorrow so I can get another (or waaay more other lol) chicks if this thing is going crooked, but I guess and I hope Ill pull it thru even if i do get that girl as a g/f cause im a rather shy person anyways and id like to overcome that fear and i guess the dj bootcamp is a good way to do so. Ill start it moderately though (and a modified version of it) cause I have some problem which is caused by some nervous disease I have: it feels like my neck is shaking or whateva when makin eye contact sometimes (its no big deal really and nobody realizes it i might just look a lil bit shocked or whateva) so my aim for week 1 is making eye contact for 50 times (maybe combined with smiling or whateva..u never know I might even come out with a convo or something ;-)
So my aim for week 1: (long) eye contact for 50 times

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cestmoi: congratulations for finishing Week 2!
Thanks man, but I somehow don't feel like i've made much progress. I'm kinda stuck in the same mentality as before beginning. And I slept over monday so I'm resuming today (tuesday)

Its good to you see you have had lots of progress and that you're happy with it. So please continue Silk :)

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This seems hard as hell, just getting out into the field with the main purpose of getting Hi's I really slowed dow, but over the last two days or so I have started making an effort again. So right now I am sitting on 38 Hi's

Silk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Difficult to start Week 2

Hey guys.

I have trouble starting Week 2. I can't seem to focus on the boot camp and at the same time going on with studying and normal daily activities. I chicken out cause I'm not focussing enough. I haven't gone out of my way to talk to people and yet I can't get myself to suddenly talk to someone, like between classes, in the hallway or in the queue on the supermarket.

Anyway, I got out yesterday, had short convo's with two HB7's. To one girl I said she looked quite alternative, as in clothes and all, but didn't manage to keep the convo interesting. To the other I asked if she just started studying here. Exchanged a few words, but the convo died pretty fast after that.

I remember from Week 1 that I focussed on the boot camp at the end of the day after work. Only thing I did was going to the supermarket to get my groceries and saying hi. Later I also said hi in a lot of other situations.

This week I'll just go to the city at end of the day and get my groceries there, perhaps walk around a bit, visit a few stores. There'll be a lot of people there. When I'm there, I can than focus on the boot camp because it's the reason I will be there, to exercise! No distractions.

Silk

Broadband

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading through some of these posts and you guys definately have your heads in the right place, but I'm noticing a bit of a problem. Some of you are on the 10th day of the first week and last i checked there are only 7 days in a week :) I'm also noticing that days where you block out hours to go out and say HI you only get 3-4.

I'm not trying to say you aren't trying, but why not just hit a mall or anywhere with alot of people and just nail it head on. I have some of the social phobias as you guys, but if your going to spend 4 hours one day focusing on beating this, shouldn't you make the best of your time?

Go to the mall and start at one end and walk to the other end. Turn your radar on and find anyone looking at you and make eyecontact and give them a friendly smile then keep going. When you get to the other end either repeat, or add saying hi or casually waving.

It's harder then it sounds but just suck it up, know that it's for the greater good and do it!