Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you were hired to teach a course on how to be funny to men who wanted to attract women...

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what required and or suggested readings and videos would you have on the syllabus?

Also, if you were hired to teach conversational skills to slightly autistic people, what openers and conversation starters would you teach them?

• Haha
Reactions: B80

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a UFO landed. Would they call it a UOJST unidentified object just sitting there?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what required and or suggested readings and videos would you have on the syllabus?

Also, if you were hired to teach conversational skills to slightly autistic people, what openers and conversation starters would you teach them?
Don't approach it so robotically or mechanically. A College class mostly teaches you how to pass tests and answer trivia, not practical application of knowledge.

One thing you have to do is become very familiar with comedy and comedians:

The opener joke is the easiest because you have an infinite amount of time to come up with that joke.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being funny isn't hard, you make an observation, maybe just an ordinary one and then comment on how it makes you feel and why it makes you feel that way... Maybe your not funny, but an interesting comment is a lot better than "HI"

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take an improve class.

Someone with autism needs serious professional help to develop acceptable social skills. Depending on the seriousness of the affliction, the best one can hope for is that they can get by without ticking people off.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take an improve class.

Someone with autism needs serious professional help to develop acceptable social skills. Depending on the seriousness of the affliction, the best one can hope for is that they can get by without ticking people off.
that is a hard line. why do you see it that way?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is a hard line. why do you see it that way?
Experience. Autism runs in my family. Some have a mild case... with professional help they can do fine. Pros can give them effective cooping skills. Some are very serious, and all the professional help in the world just gets them to the point where they can go to the store and shop for themselves... they can't work... basically they are taken care of by other relatives. I have one cousin who has never said a word in his life, he has a very scheduled life, and when he deviates from his schedule he moans and walks around in circles.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Experience. Autism runs in my family. Some have a mild case... with professional help they can do fine. Pros can give them effective cooping skills. Some are very serious, and all the professional help in the world just gets them to the point where they can go to the store and shop for themselves... they can't work... basically they are taken care of by other relatives. I have one cousin who has never said a word in his life, he has a very scheduled life, and when he deviates from his schedule he moans and walks around in circles.
got it. I know a lot about it. In my family also. It's a spectrum thing, some like you tell and others more high function. I am included, and one of my kids. Pretty common in software engineering circles. Together with a very smart professional, I taught the kid scripts. Most ppl now do not know when they first meet them. But later figure it out.

from the inside, it's like race. the person doesn't have a choice and we do the best we can.

when someone tells us to figure it out, our first question is how...

in the past no one knew, they just told that one is odd. I can now trace the behaviours into my ancestors and it fits.

it's growing in percentages for some reason. I would expect evolution (red queen theory) to remove it. But it's increasing in percentages, evolution is bringing it forward.

If all the social crap I have to think about was automatic like it probably is for you, I could do all sorts of things with the extra cycles.

I only recently (older..) learned how to interpret, process, and react to some things. It's just fascinating from a spectrum person on how things work and are simple. It's really fun, it's like someone removed the veil.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
got it. I know a lot about it. In my family also. It's a spectrum thing, some like you tell and others more high function. I am included, and one of my kids. Pretty common in software engineering circles. Together with a very smart professional, I taught the kid scripts. Most ppl now do not know when they first meet them. But later figure it out.

from the inside, it's like race. the person doesn't have a choice and we do the best we can.

when someone tells us to figure it out, our first question is how...

in the past no one knew, they just told that one is odd. I can now trace the behaviours into my ancestors and it fits.

it's growing in percentages for some reason. I would expect evolution (red queen theory) to remove it. But it's increasing in percentages, evolution is bringing it forward.

If all the social crap I have to think about was automatic like it probably is for you, I could do all sorts of things with the extra cycles.

I only recently (older..) learned how to interpret, process, and react to some things. It's just fascinating from a spectrum person on how things work and are simple. It's really fun, it's like someone removed the veil.
I thought one of my kids was autistic when she was little... she was VERY sensitive to loud noises to the point where she would scream and cry when people were singing happy birthday, but we got her tested... she was fine. When I was growing up mild autism wasn't even diagnosed. Otherwise I likely would have been tagged when I was in elementary school. I was pretty quite, kept to myself, and was something of a math prodigy... when everything else I took in school I did terrible... later I would learn I was dyslectic, everything else in school, accept math, required reading, and THAT was a real chore for me. I gravitated to math because it was something I could do without any trouble, so I got good at it. I didn't learn I was dyslectic until after I joined the Army and was tested for it. I made it all the way through college reading at about 1/4 the speed of a normal person.... I did terrible in all standardized testing, accept the math portions which I breezed through, but did great on IQ tests. Today they would have figured this out when I was 8.