You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.
For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.
Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.
The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
No, you're not wrong.. pretty much right on the markOriginally posted by Caveman
Am I wrong for thinking narcissism is just an extreme sense of insecurity? Constantly needing reassurance that you're worth a glance? That this insecurity is so bad you need to be told every day how attractive you are and in that way also believing that looking good is our only good quality?
I'll look into it cuz it got me interested.
lolOriginally posted by billybob
Am I the only guy who has NO FREAKING IDEA how attractive or unattractive I really am?
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Yes. From what I've read so far there are different kinds. I really don't see the real problem though. In my opinion, anything can be worked out. Like I said before.. You don't have to tell everyone you think you're god's gift to earthOriginally posted by Kineti[C]harm
different kinds of narcissism though IIRC.
'Hey, did I look better yesterday than I did today?’
‘Am I dressed so much better?’
‘Is my hair worse? Am I even attractive at all?’
You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.
I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.
Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.
These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.
I was also an ugly duckling when I went through my teenage years. Due to overeating and pimples etc. Although I beleive it is great for you, leaves you with humility and compassion for others which are traits all men should have.Originally posted by Pac_Man
Wow this is exactly how I feel like. Even now when I get compliments (I get a lot) I still feel I can't put my confidence to that level. I really think it's because I was an ugly duckling for so long. I was 260 pound powerlifter that wore thick glasses in high school and once I got out of high school I cut up lost 70 pounds and became a bodybuilder with wide shoulders very small waist (29 in')and an asian guy at that but I still feel like the 260 pound guy. Sometimes I get such a high when a woman compliments me or stares at me that even though I feel great for a moment after a while I just feel low.
Even at a party when a girl tried to seduce me (sitting on my lap for no reason, started licking my neck, touching my chest cause she thinks it's 'big"etc.) I still couldn't believe she did that to me and I was thinking there must be a reason why she did that.
I too went through the "ugly duckling" thing, and I do agree partially that it may be character building. But like Dirtheart, it made me determined - and probably even obsessed - with turning it around. Being attractive at all costs.Originally posted by CLOONEY
I was also an ugly duckling when I went through my teenage years. Due to overeating and pimples etc. Although I beleive it is great for you, leaves you with humility and compassion for others which are traits all men should have.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
U think? I see many become arrogant. Plus remember, everyone has their own demons to fight, no matter if they grew up attractive or not.Originally posted by AMF
Thanks for all your great replies![]()
I too went through the "ugly duckling" thing, and I do agree partially that it may be character building. But like Dirtheart, it made me determined - and probably even obsessed - with turning it around. Being attractive at all costs.
I think that it is those like us that are usually the "victims" of this "goodlooking insecurity".
I often think that those who grow up attractive develop a true, lasting confidence, and a more resitant positive self-esteem.
For the rest of us, those who have "turned it around", then it MAY be impossible to truly remove the insecurity and self-doubt from our minds.
You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.