Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you think first dates are interviews...

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

then first off you better be the boss. They don't sweat, they dont worry about what questions the interviewee has, they don't worry about their qualifications/background/experience/skills/education...etc. The boss is the absolute decision maker. job seekers are submissive, have zero power or control, are nervous, and NEED the bosses apporval. (keep in mind we are still applying this to first dates and those thereafter if needed)

I just hear a lot of ppl compare first dates to interviews. Well in a sense that maybe this is a venue to seek later involvement like getting hired. But just remember, in an interview there are always two ppl.

1. The Boss
2. The person looking for a job

Dont be #2. It shows dependence, insecurity, and well just about every other AFC quality out there. Be the boss, the decider, the approver, the controller.

(This was inspired by an interview I had today. And by no means am I telling you to act like the "boss" when you are actually getting interviewed. You'll come off as pushy and authoritative which shows lack of repsect to your potential employer. Enough about non-DJ stuff, just a warning)

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great perspective to take.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea good perspective to take. But even if you have the whole boss mentality, DO NOT make your date seem like an interview. An interview is boring, so make it fun while being the boss.

titoman

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah it'll be boring if u make it a interview, but by thinking you are the boss, you can actually put yourself into a very confident mental state, so that you don't act nervous

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting point you bring up, I just read in the paper that a boss has been put on the sex offenders list for attempting to conduct an interview NAKED.

Initially he was fully clothed with the female candidate - then he left, and came back with nothing but a clipboard. When the female refused to remove her clothes also, the man calmly got dressed and tried to continue the interview.

So please, do not be like that guy and do this on your first date.

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cant think of a user name
Interesting point you bring up, I just read in the paper that a boss has been put on the sex offenders list for attempting to conduct an interview NAKED.

Initially he was fully clothed with the female candidate - then he left, and came back with nothing but a clipboard. When the female refused to remove her clothes also, the man calmly got dressed and tried to continue the interview.

So please, do not be like that guy and do this on your first date.
Only in Australia man:crackup:

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
That actually gives me a good idea for a first date... When you're starting to have a conversation, ask her if she thinks of a first date as an interview. If she says yes (obviously meaning that she thinks that SHE's interviewing YOU), then turn it around by saying something like "Great. So, what qualifications do you have? I want references." And use that as a theme for a while (like anything, don't overdo it like a goof.) If instead she says no, then you are easily able to evade any interview type questions she asks, in a light-hearted humourous way. I'll definitely be field testing this one.

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brad324
That actually gives me a good idea for a first date... When you're starting to have a conversation, ask her if she thinks of a first date as an interview. If she says yes (obviously meaning that she thinks that SHE's interviewing YOU), then turn it around by saying something like "Great. So, what qualifications do you have? I want references." And use that as a theme for a while (like anything, don't overdo it like a goof.) If instead she says no, then you are easily able to evade any interview type questions she asks, in a light-hearted humourous way. I'll definitely be field testing this one.
Good swing on this tip man. Never occured to me. Let me know how it goes.

Cyledehysp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, thet reminds me one of my dates when thi girl, obviously not very experienced, was asking me questions lik in some quiz, or interview, and I noticed it but didn`t know should I/how to bring it up/use. That last idea seems good, like the whole tip. (But no overdoing it and changing date into quiz, I agree)

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am kinda not sure that brad324's idea is great in the long run

but the swing is great; like that !

i am reluctant because once YOU have asked questions on a subject, the subject is 'on the table' so to speak, and the trick is to get information on her, while giving as little as possible, staying the enigma, right ?

so for first dates I would instead stop the interviewing girl with a; "what is this - a job interview" - or "how many more questions do you have ? this place closes in just 4 hours time !" or
"whoav does all this mean that for you a first date is make or break" or "hey honey save a couple of questions for the second date, ok ?"

I would even really bust her with; "ok I can understand that you feel nervous on first dates, so if I promise that there will be a second date, can we just relax and enjoy our first date"

/ scordate

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Bartender
I believe that a first date should have a good conversation.
If she likes you, has high IL she will never do a stupid inerview, she will do it gently... asking soft question here and there... which is fine.

If she goes for a "hard" interview, she is not reallyinetersted - she is looking for "her prince", best man in town, richeest guy... etc. I guess you dont even want to deal with her then.

When you ask questions in interview mode, ask them to find out what makes her tick.. is it her job? Her family? Her hobby? Her house? Her friends? Sports? One you got it, push a little bit and she will not about her thing non-stop.

Brad324

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: If you think first dates are interviews...

One you got it, push a little bit and she will not about her thing non-stop.
then maybe you will get to play with her thing non-stop. :D