If you make lots of money, how does a girl even know?

SoSerene

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always hear people say that being rich/having lots of money adds a lot of value to your worth...but how would a girl even know how much you make?

I'll just be blunt and use myself as an example. I make about 150k/year with my self employed business. I live on my own in a decent apartment in the heart of the city. I think when chicks come over they would say "hey, this guy is doing alright" but not top 10% by any means. But I also drive an 8 year old vehicle, which is not a big name brand like BMW/Mercedes etc. I've intentionally kept my income on the downlow by keeping my car somewhat minimalistic because I don't want chicks to know I make a ton of money. Not looking for gold diggers.

However, this comment by JoeMarron got me thinking...

"For the most successful relationship a man must date down. Don't date in your league, date down. It doesn't make any sense to date a chick who knows she can do better than you. If you can't date down because the chicks are too ugly to pass your boner test then you need to work on your value. A male 8 dating a female 6 will have far less drama in his relationship than if the roles were reversed. Hot women out of your league are reserved for sex only. Don't be a dumbass and try to chain them into monogamy."

And this something I can totally relate to, and struggle with. I'm a decent looking guy but often times have trouble dating girls for extended periods of time that I feel are on my level looks wise. Sure, they'll make comments that they find me attractive...go on a number of dates and have fun, but it's a tough game trying to keep them interested and worrying about other dudes swooping in. I feel like I always have to put my best game forward in order to keep things going, otherwise they will lose interest. When I date down, like 6's or so then I can just totally be myself, take it easy, not worry much about the "dating game" and it's a stress free endeavor.

I have a feeling that if chicks actually did know how much a guy is doing well makes, whether consciously or not, they would definitely rate them a higher value. Now I'm obviously not gonna come out and brag about my income to them...but then how would they know otherwise? Again, I have always been against using money as a tactic to lure women but now that I think about it...I'm not trying to date supermodels, I'm just trying to keep chicks at my own level (lookswise) interested. I wouldn't flash around money to try to score 9's...because then I know they're just gold digging me. But if a girl has already demonstrated they find you attractive, are going on dates with you..then is it bad to leverage your income status (how, I'm not sure) as an additional way to show your value?

CrimsonPanther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hi!
i was in this exact situation at a point in time. what i found out is that if you have a car that radiates VALUE (not some red cabrio micropenis compensator), you dress well, groom well and smell good, you have no problems. go to more expensive bars, clubs, travel a lot. be interested in some form of art. besides this, it is not a good idea to flash money and wealth. you will only attract gold diggers. project value and you are okay. in social circles, if guys respect you, girls will LOVE you because they will see you as an alpha.
that is, if you wanna project the image of a quality man, to attract quality women. projecting too much wealth will seem to outsiders a gesture of desperation. gotta find the balance.
hope it helps

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always hear people say that being rich/having lots of money adds a lot of value to your worth...

My friend. If you have not paid any attention to the Eliot Roger story over the last week, I suggest you do. Money doesn't equate to happiness and relying on it to find you a (decent) woman is foolish in my view. Read the story and you will realise that I am right.

Yes, it helps you do stuff. But if you don't want a gold digger, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on your money yourself.

Also, mind what you use your money for. When you're 70-80 years old, are you and your wife going to remember what car you were driving in your twenties, or will you better remember a 6month sabbatical that you took together and travelled round the world, seeing all manner of wonderful places and people.

I rather spend my money on experience than material goods. But each to their own.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
I understand you. I go to clubs and get rejected by sloots and I wonder the same ****. How will money increase my chances with girls when they shoot me down upon sight. You have to hang around other rich people in their social events or be in a rich social circle. People like that to pretend to look rich when they actually aren't. There's a guy at the place I work and he just got a new infinity. I know there's no way in hell he bought that thing full. Drive cars that only rich people drive like Porsches, the better model Mercedes and Bmws, nice hondas and acuras, and so on. Don't drive cars that flashy poor people drive.

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make way more than all of my friends, and most people my age. When I'm out, I do not flaunt this. Does more money create more confidence? That's possible. Girls only find out that I'm more well off than most after we've been dating for a few months and sees things like my car, apartment, etc. I never explicitly mention anything about money.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want them to know you have money, you have to show off. It is the main past time of rich people. I work with these shıtheads all day long, and all they do is surround their life with expensive and unique things. Amongst cars, I'm talking about $4000 coffee tables and $25,000 rugs. And when you walk into their home you go damn, it reeks of high status. If you can't do that, well you're not rich enough, and you're just "ok", which is great, of course. You don't need to be a rich shıthead to get a nice girl. If she digs you she'll think $40,000 a year is great and she'll be happy.

Why would you want a gold diggin whóre, anyway??? Her puṣṣy vacuum will suck your bank account dry.

JustOlder_!

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say no to using the cash as leverage. I think its more along the lines of what are you doing with it? I mean, driving an older vehicle isn't good or bad ---but if you don't have any thing else..like a boat, motorcycle etc... or something than the gal could easily put you in a lower status. You live in a run down apartment with your mother!!!! Seinfield.... And to say I don't want someone where status doesn't matter but me? I mean, a good looking guy/gal that is uneducated living in a trailer dating middle class? That's oil and water. You get a gal from the bar and she has no idea of good treatment.......... I mean, its like a fat gal saying love me for my personality , well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder ....but ugly is to the bone. PS...150 isn't bragging rights - its a living. Anyway, I would rather have a gal my style - semi bar hoar but not too low!!!! I don't want to much drama and I don't need her doing half the town but I don't want someone who doesn't drink or party a little.

JustOlder_!

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMonkeyKing said:
I always hear people say that being rich/having lots of money adds a lot of value to your worth...

Also, mind what you use your money for. When you're 70-80 years old, are you and your wife going to remember what car you were driving in your twenties, or will you better remember a 6month sabbatical that you took together and travelled round the world, seeing all manner of wonderful places and people.

I rather spend my money on experience than material goods. But each to their own.
very good!!!!!! Heck, I am pretty sure when you hit 60 you want to start laying around...70? Sht, just give me a tv set, remote and I can't get it up anyway. I plan on living and bagging my totals long before then.