"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

If this is right, I'd rather be wrong - If this is sight, I'd rather be blind.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Stop. Drop. Kaboom, baby... I think I'm about to rub my own nipples.

Befriend your friends all over again. Bloom your eyes.

Think of happy times. The recipie is gathered by now.

Usually unusual, but you get what you want.

So many people in this world. Are you sure you're alone?

By the time you decode this enigma, you'll already be done.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I must ponder
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
Is this a mix of different parts of lyrics from hip-hop songs?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
^^^^ yes, you must...

^^^ :eek:

^^ Just the first part

^ No :p

Mad props to the first person that gets it though :)
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Self reliance as it applies to social situations and social life in general?
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
OKAY, I think its about how you gotta move on. First you got these friends. Then you realize you must better yourself to satisfy YOURSELF ONLY. At first it seems awkward for you and ESPECIALLY your friends. However, you understand that you must keep at this "recipe" since you know how good the result will taste. They do not. Therefore, you may be rejected, shunned, or feel alone. Yet you persevere. And you "get what you want."

You may still feel alone, but with so many people in this world, you go out and move on finding new friends that accept the new you.

___________________

Am I right? You certainly can't expect people to get it ALL right.;)
 
N

Noddy

Guest
Originally posted by CableLight

this is what you see as the process from "afc" to "dj".

Stop. Drop. Kaboom, baby... I think I'm about to rub my own nipples.
desperation

Befriend your friends all over again. Bloom your eyes.
making changes

Think of happy times. The recipie is gathered by now.
gaining knowledge

Usually unusual, but you get what you want.
getting women with the techniques

So many people in this world. Are you sure you're alone?
"dj" level.. i dont like using the word DJ because there are so many different interpretation of what will make you happy

By the time you decode this enigma, you'll already be done.
"If this is right, I'd rather be wrong - If this is sight, I'd rather be blind."

i think theres a level further on. it may seem like lonelyness rite now
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
I got an idea, stop speaking in riddles.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Originally posted by Julian
I got an idea, stop speaking in riddles.
I've got an idea. Let's try to use our brains and figure it out.

Sucks for you that simple math and simple english confuses you, but yeah, I like riddles.

Plus, I bet you'd be happy if you figured it out, huh? Cable, more than likely, has a point to it. Challenge yourself, maybe you'll learn something. Life is about learning, struggling, and testing yourself and your character. :)
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I like Noddy's idea and will add to that.

I think it's the whole "the loneliness on the road to becoming a dj" vibe. You lose your friends, you know how to get chicks and you get them, you are happy. You've lost your friends but are you sure you havn't made new ones?
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Close...Close...

I'll throw in a hint - Each line is seperate from the rest (i.e. its not read like a story) that you throw together to make one big thought when you're all done.
 

PiHiPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2003
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Ann Arbor, Mi
Originally posted by CableLight
Stop. Drop. Kaboom, baby... I think I'm about to rub my own nipples.

Befriend your friends all over again. Bloom your eyes.

Think of happy times. The recipie is gathered by now.

Usually unusual, but you get what you want.

So many people in this world. Are you sure you're alone?

By the time you decode this enigma, you'll already be done.
First you have to stop everything your doing for everyone else and please and be happy with yourself.

Realize Your friends, your true friends that will stand with you thru the Dj Experience.

As A Dj, you will stand out, you will be unusual most of the times. Dj's aren't like other people, Dj's are men and they get the women they want, and that is what the aspiring DJ will Become.

(interpreted 2 ways)
With all 6 Billion are you sure you don't have someone to be with, a certain woman that you should be with.
OR
With 6 billion people in the world, don't be sure taht you are the only DJ, you can Learn from everyone, everyone has a little dj in them.

How did i do?
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Real close :)

The middle interpretations are still a lil off though.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by CableLight
Stop. Drop. Kaboom, baby... I think I'm about to rub my own nipples.

Befriend your friends all over again. Bloom your eyes.

Think of happy times. The recipie is gathered by now.

Usually unusual, but you get what you want.

So many people in this world. Are you sure you're alone?

By the time you decode this enigma, you'll already be done.
- Stop pleasing everyone else and please yourself.

- Become better friends with your friends. Open your eyes and realize what's going on.

- Think of your past success. There is a pattern to them.

- Things don't always turn out as planned, but you are always successful.

- Stop thinking you are the only person in the world. Look at everyone around you.

- Before you figure out what this means, you'll already be a better person.
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
*applauds*

Its like you were reading my mind, man...Here's what was initially intended:

- There was a reason this sentance went first in the post, and it's because you've got to be pleased with yourself first and foremost. You cannot expect anyone to like you unless you first like yourself.

- Much like crazy said, become as good of friends with your buddies as you can. Realize that people aren't around forever, so you've really got to open your eyes to the moments you've got and make them count.

- As crazy said, think of your past successes. There is a pattern to this stuff - Your attitude (if you were nice to people or were a d!ck to people), your actions (did you talk to a lot of people or just become a wallflower?), what you say to people, etc. Think of it as a recipie for success you can gather.

- The one thing that's been bothering me the most is how many people in general (not just these boards) think they're so alone in the world. There over 6 billion goddamn people in the world - It's insane to think you're ever really alone. MEET SOME OF THEM! Until the day someone can say they've talked to literally everyone out there and not found one person they get along with, no one can say they're alone without lying.

- The last line was just a joke, meaning "by the time you figure this out, you'll have it figured out." :)

That was pretty fun, guys. Glad people got into it a 'lil. :)
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Originally posted by CableLight
*applauds*

Its like you were reading my mind, man...
*Puts down telephone* Nah, the pyschic hotline helped a little...Where the hell are my Tarot cards!? :D
 
Top